08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

2 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

I watched quite a bit of the streams and thought it sounded pretty good but just to throw it out there..I met up with a buddy (he’s in his 50s) at a bar about 2 hours ago here in LA and he was at the show. His review wasn’t exactly complimentary for GNR. He had seen them before in 91 and at Universal In 2006 and left tonight before the encore. In his opinion Axl can’t sing anymore and is probably wearing a girdle..he thought Wolfgang’s band sounded much better. It made me kinda wonder if we’re all grading on a curve but either way I figured I’d pass it along. 

A girdle? He’s just completely guessing on that or show the outline through the shirt ? Kinda a big assumption 

I’m thinking Covid rejuvenated everyone in this band. It’s not night day from the previous years since the reunion but trending that way for sure . Not enough people are talking about what a great version of You’re Crazy was pulled off last night 

9 minutes ago, GS67 said:

A girdle? He’s just completely guessing on that or show the outline through the shirt ? Kinda a big assumption 

I took it just as an assumption. He’s a comedian so I think he was just leaping to an exaggerated/ funny line to express he didn’t look that great in his opinion. 

• ABSUЯD 1

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Glad to hear Axl is stepping things up vocally compared to the last few weeks.  Still glad I picked to see The Black Crowes tonight (they were on fucking fire!) and I am not suprised to hear that Hard School was not played

Compared to the last few weeks??? hahahaha Dude, he stepped it up at MetLife Stadium two weeks ago.  Not going to argue, but I gotta say some people are relying to much on the internet and not going to the shows in person. 

• Like 1

Axl looked and sounded good in the clips I saw. Also cool that Madagascar is back. Shame that Brain didn’t get on the bongos again like he did in 2012. Oh well!

Also at this point I think we can forget about HardSkool at least for the next few weeks or so.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl looked and sounded good in the clips I saw. Also cool that Madagascar is back. Shame that Brain didn’t get on the bongos again like he did in 2012. Oh well!

Also at this point I think we can forget about HardSkool at least for the next few weeks or so.

Someone mentioned Chicago being the next time we might see it. The show is a Thursday night and the night before the UYI 30th anniversary. 

Not saying that means anything because nothing means anything in the GN'R world lol, but that would make sense if GN'R were normal. 

7 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I really hope they play Madagascar on the Euro leg next year. Never heard that one before live and its one of my favourite CD tracks. :axl:

They played Madagascar in Leipzig, Germany. Great song and it's great to witness it live. 

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

Why they are still playing The Seeker? I don't get it... Maybe a couple of shows just for fun it's okay but still doing it in 2021 makes no sense.... Axl is such a weirdo

It does make sense, it's just that you have to dig for it. 

They play it beause of Axl's current voice. I.e. there's no rasp, so it sounds ok no matter what. 

10 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

People complaining about people wearing a mask :facepalm:

I’m worried about this tour continuing. Some high profile musicians are canceling their tours.

I hope not but you don’t want to be the ones labeled a “super spreader” event.

13 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

He'll have his reasons. And if it's just doing his part to not jeopardize this tour. But some people are just mentally not able to comprehend that.

No, I'm just going by pure logic. He wasn't wearing it during the show, was he? So why put it on for the final bow and not wait the few seconds until after? And do you think they all wear it backstage anyway? I highly doubt that tbh. The fact that one wants to be responsible doesn't mean that you absolutely must waive all logic and are forbidden to ask any questions whatsoever. In short: he could have waited, this looks weird - especially considering the others are not wearing it there. Maybe it was some sort of appeal/propagation.
Nevermind. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1