08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

Last night I went down the beach where no one could hear me put my headphones and just ran around singing and grooving like Axl would on stage.

im a trained vocalist… zak Stevens fromsavatage and trans-Siberian orchestra fame is my teacher… been doing this since I was 9, have well received albums out…

ive ragged on axls live vocals lots… I have an entire new appreciation for him. I’m 43 and workout physically and vocally everyday. To do what he does is really hard fucking work.

He hits the notes and puts on a fucking show.

would you rather not have your favourite band still selling stadiums and putting on great shows?

bravo gnr! Great show!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

They played Madagascar in Leipzig, Germany. Great song and it's great to witness it live. 

They didn't play it in London 2017 which was a shame. My only other GNR gig at Reading 2010 it also wasn't played.

I also really hope I get to hear Absurd next year, and hopefully they're doing Hard School by then too!

#TheNextChapter :axl:

5 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

They didn't play it in London 2017 which was a shame. My only other GNR gig at Reading 2010 it also wasn't played.

I also really hope I get to hear Absurd next year, and hopefully they're doing Hard School by then too!

#TheNextChapter :axl:

Hopefully we'll have had a whole new album to digest by the time they hit Europe again. We can hope, right?!

• GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

It does make sense, it's just that you have to dig for it. 

They play it beause of Axl's current voice. I.e. there's no rasp, so it sounds ok no matter what. 

They've been playing this song since 2010? It's enough already! They have OWN songs that fits his current voice. So no it doesn't Make sense they still playing a cover for 10 years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

They've been playing this song since 2010? It's enough already! They have OWN songs that fits his current voice. So no it doesn't Make sense they still playing a cover for 10 years 

The Seeker was one of the highlights of the show in Hanover back in 2017 :shrugs:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

The Seeker was one of the highlights of the show in Hanover back in 2017 :shrugs:

I like the song and sounds great. But if they play it a few times just for fun it's OK i get it. But still playing a cover for 10 years, really?!?! They could play instead a GUNS N' ROSES song that he actually sound good too. For example: Bad Obsession / Down on the farm (still a cover but they recorded it) / You ain't the first/ So fine / Sorry 

GnR always liked to play covers that were not part of the catalogue (Dead Flowers, Dust In the Wind, It's Alright, etc.), so that's not a new thing.

Yes, probably two or more of them at the same show is a bit too much, but the two they're currently playing (Wichita Lineman and the Seeker) sound good, plus the Seeker isn't played at every show and it's very short, so it doesn't really take the place of another song.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is one of the covers I actually like and I don't even care for the Who or the original.. 

I like the GNR version more than the original by The Who actually, Don't Let It Bring You Down by Neil Young was another great cover, both songs sorta deal with feeling kinda lost trying to find your way, I guess Axl can just relate to the lyrics somehow and has fun singing these. If only he'd come up with songwriting this straight foward himself then maybe we'd be in for a killer new album. But I guess it takes Izzy to put three chords together and write some relateable words to them.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 1

I was surprised when listening to the originals from some of their covers. Nice Boys, Mama Kin, The Seeker. Those were always better than the original versions. They sounded like they were written for GN'R and not for the other Bands. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

On 8/20/2021 at 6:20 PM, agustingloger said:

I'd say 2012 but not sure. Anyway, let me be clear that I definitely do not advocate this song being on the playlist. I absolutely agree with you, they have enough of their own goddamn songs. I was just giving my 2 cents as to why I think they keep playing that, especially these days. 

Edited by jamillos

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I was surprised when listening to the originals from some of their covers. Nice Boys, Mama Kin, The Seeker. Those were always better than the original versions. They sounded like they were written for GN'R and not for the other Bands. 

Except Sympathy for the Devil they've always did it better than the original. Mama Kin / Nice boys/ Live and let die/ KOHD/ pretty much every song on TSI

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I'd say 2012 but not sure. Anyway, let me be clear that I definitely do not advocate this song being on the playlist. I absolute agree with you, they have enough of their own goddamn songs. I was just giving my 2 cents as to why I think they keep playing that, especially these days. 

I believe 2012 is right 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Except Sympathy for the Devil they've always did it better than the original. Mama Kin / Nice boys/ Live and let die/ KOHD/ pretty much every song on TSI

Yup.. Sympathy For The Devil was pretty bad.. The first GnR release ever that I didn't like.. Out of the whole Gn'R catalog that and Absurd are the only songs I don't like that feature Slash.

Back in 2017 un Argentina I was so happy The Who were the opening act because I knew GNR won't play it hahahaha

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Yup.. Sympathy For The Devil was pretty bad.. The first GnR release ever that I didn't like.. Out of the whole Gn'R catalog that and Absurd are the only songs I don't like that feature Slash.

Axl vocals are killer though 

• Like 2