08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Someone mentioned Chicago being the next time we might see it. The show is a Thursday night and the night before the UYI 30th anniversary. 

Not saying that means anything because nothing means anything in the GN'R world lol, but that would make sense if GN'R were normal. 

Was the person who mentioned Chicago just speculating? Or was it an “insider” who said it?

6 hours ago, Imcoffeegirl said:

I've seen Dirty Honey three times and I cannot rave enough about them. You've got to check out their two albums! 

I saw them for the 3rd time earlier this year too. Great show.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Was the person who mentioned Chicago just speculating? Or was it an “insider” who said it?

Oh no let's not bring up the insiders again otherwise you know who will appear.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Draguns said:

Compared to the last few weeks??? hahahaha Dude, he stepped it up at MetLife Stadium two weeks ago.  Not going to argue, but I gotta say some people are relying to much on the internet and not going to the shows in person. 

I dunno, I have seen enough shows in my life, including GNR to be able to guage the difference between in-person and captured on video and of course being there in person masks a lot of imperfections.  But the footage of Axl already from last night IMO speaks for itself even compared to MetLife in my opinion - from a pure comparison of the vocals last night it appears to be the best of the tour so far for Axl (again in my own opinion)

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tkarmy said:

Last night I went down the beach where no one could hear me put my headphones and just ran around singing and grooving like Axl would on stage.

im a trained vocalist… zak Stevens fromsavatage and trans-Siberian orchestra fame is my teacher… been doing this since I was 9, have well received albums out…

ive ragged on axls live vocals lots… I have an entire new appreciation for him. I’m 43 and workout physically and vocally everyday. To do what he does is really hard fucking work.

He hits the notes and puts on a fucking show.

would you rather not have your favourite band still selling stadiums and putting on great shows?

bravo gnr! Great show!

I would absolutely take this Axl any day over no Guns N' Roses. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I'm starting to wonder if there is a set plan, or is literally just a matter of Axl "getting the spirit" and making a phone call to whoever at Universal to hit go before whatever show.   The existence and time of the release of Absurd is just random as fuck on every level.  It's rock n roll, sure, but also absolutely random as fuck.  

That's basically a long-winded way of saying we all may be on a ship that has a madman at the helm. :lol:

I wondered if he enjoyed playing it so much he just called someone and told them to release it

• ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I absolutely love GN'R's rendition of Sympathy for the Devil. Then again, I'm weird, I'm one of the people who like Shotgun Blues and who think Axl's vocal peak was 92 and not 91 or 88 or whatever. To each their own. 

Me too, i'm like SFTD.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I absolutely love GN'R's rendition of Sympathy for the Devil. Then again, I'm weird, I'm one of the people who like Shotgun Blues and who think Axl's vocal peak was 92 and not 91 or 88 or whatever. To each their own. 

I love Sympathy as well!  Honestly I think half of the reason it gets flak is because of the Paul Tobias/Slash conflict and even that I think is overblown because it is some just quick little guitar lines in between the spaces of Slash's solo - so I think it mattered more symbolically and emotionally to Slash than it does for us as listeners

Axl sounds amazing on that one too, I really wish we got an album of original material featuring him in his '93/'94 vocal state

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

One thing I am noticing is the lack of many actual videos on this show on Youtube!  Are the "copyright stalkers" that we have all come to know and hate the past few years working even more overtime than they usually are the day after shows or something?  Can't find more than just a few like Jungle and KOHD and whatnot

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno, I have seen enough shows in my life, including GNR to be able to guage the difference between in-person and captured on video and of course being there in person masks a lot of imperfections.  But the footage of Axl already from last night IMO speaks for itself even compared to MetLife in my opinion - from a pure comparison of the vocals last night it appears to be the best of the tour so far for Axl (again in my own opinion)

Ok. I didn't mean to rag on you. It's just that I do think people complain a bit too much.  I checked WTTJ from last night. It sounds good and similar to MetLife performance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I'm starting to wonder if there is a set plan, or is literally just a matter of Axl "getting the spirit" and making a phone call to whoever at Universal to hit go before whatever show.   The existence and time of the release of Absurd is just random as fuck on every level.  It's rock n roll, sure, but also absolutely random as fuck.  

That's basically a long-winded way of saying we all may be on a ship that has a madman at the helm. :lol:

This could be a possibility, and if it is the case, was axl ever intending to release a new album after all? This thought definitely brings my expectations/excitement into reality. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I love Shotgun Blues too! Listened it in my car yesterday! That song rocks.

I also love "Don't Damn me" and "Get in the ring" and Back off bitch. lol

Like shotgun too, and think it's masterfully placed between my fav songs of Get In The Ring & Breakdown. Now, why don't i see Breakdown being mentioned often, as I consider it up there with the highlights of UYI. Am I alone in this opinion? 

18 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Ok. I didn't mean to rag on you. It's just that I do think people complain a bit too much.  I checked WTTJ from last night. It sounds good and similar to MetLife performance. 

No worries, I get what you mean.  I am just glad to hear Axl have better vocal nights than some nights this year that we all feared would become the norm lol

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I love Sympathy as well!  Honestly I think half of the reason it gets flak is because of the Paul Tobias/Slash conflict and even that I think is overblown because it is some just quick little guitar lines in between the spaces of Slash's solo - so I think it mattered more symbolically and emotionally to Slash than it does for us as listeners

Axl sounds amazing on that one too, I really wish we got an album of original material featuring him in his '93/'94 vocal state

Agree, they do a great job with that song.  Slash use to say that that song was the beginning of the end

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Only worse gnr song for me is excluding the duds on CD like Scraped of course, is Bad Apples. Followed by Shotgun Blues which I enjoy sometimes

Love Bad Apples, and one of my go to songs on UYI 1, love the long chorus. The band must have loved it too as they created a themed shirt from it. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, tkarmy said:

Last night I went down the beach where no one could hear me put my headphones and just ran around singing and grooving like Axl would on stage.

im a trained vocalist… zak Stevens fromsavatage and trans-Siberian orchestra fame is my teacher… been doing this since I was 9, have well received albums out…

ive ragged on axls live vocals lots… I have an entire new appreciation for him. I’m 43 and workout physically and vocally everyday. To do what he does is really hard fucking work.

He hits the notes and puts on a fucking show.

would you rather not have your favourite band still selling stadiums and putting on great shows?

bravo gnr! Great show!

I showed my wife, who isn't a huge fan but has a musical background,  SCOM with the intros from Paris '92. She was blown away and said that it's a miracle Axl can sing at all now after singing so much like that in the past.

• Like 2