08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm *slightly* leaning towards heading over to see Chicago. I had way more fun than expected in Detroit last week. 

Come down to Indy...tickets are going to be dirt cheap if not free by the time show rolls around.  200 level tickets have dropped to $60 already (originally $150).....

I'm going to bet you can get 100 level or may rows 20 and higher on the floor for $50 day of show (probably same for pit tickets). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LandOla said:

Ugh. Not a fan. The face in the middle looks ridiculous. Without the face it would be cool.

It's a direct homage to the Movie Poster for Chinatown.  Without a face it would be ridiculous, but you don't have to like it, just explaining why it is the way it is :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, steelestar said:

If they don’t sellout the venue, it will be particularly shocking. Folks forget that last year’s concert was to take place at the new SoFi football stadium, which seats 70,000 (ticket sales were pathetic). The rescheduled show at Banc of California Stadium only seats 22,000 (not much bigger than an indoor arena). 

That’s insane. Is this a Covid related thing or are could they not sell out the 70,000? 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm *slightly* leaning towards heading over to see Chicago. I had way more fun than expected in Detroit last week. 

I think the deciding factor will be if they drop Hard Skool before Chicago.  My main reason, other than price obviously, is that I just didn't wan't to see the same show again for the third time, and for that much money. If they drop another track before then I think that will be my tipping point.  Plus I've heard shows at Wrigley are fun AF.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

That’s insane. Is this a Covid related thing or are could they not sell out the 70,000? 

I think it's a combo of the original show selling slow but probably more due to the fact that the Rams have a game there on Saturday and the Chargers on Sunday.

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think the deciding factor will be if they drop Hard Skool before Chicago.  My main reason, other than price obviously, is that I just didn't wan't to see the same show again for the third time, and for that much money. If they drop another track before then I think that will be my tipping point.  Plus I've heard shows at Wrigley are fun AF.

Those are my two factors. If they drop HS prior, I'll probably skip Chicago. If they don't, I may just go based on chance of HS and having never been to a show at Wrigley. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I'm sure COVID played some kind of role, but tickets for the SoFi Stadium show originally went on sale in February 2020 before the pandemic had taken hold and sales were shockingly bad.  The SoFi Stadium concert was a really big deal because it was going to be the very first event to be held at the new $5 billion stadium following it's completion last summer.  A month ago there were no mask-wearing mandates or social distancing restrictions, and while baseball stadiums were once again regularly filling close to capacity, there remained a lot of unsold seats for the GN'R.  It was very surprising, given that aside from the extremely small Hollywood Pallidum show in 2019, they haven't performed in LA in four years (2017).

1 minute ago, steelestar said:

I'm sure COVID played some kind of role, but tickets for the SoFi Stadium show originally went on sale in February 2020 before the pandemic had taken hold and sales were shockingly bad.  The SoFi Stadium concert was a really big deal because it was going to be the very first event to be held at the new $5 billion stadium following it's completion last summer.  A month ago there were no mask-wearing mandates or social distancing restrictions, and while baseball stadiums were once again regularly filling close to capacity, there remained a lot of unsold seats for the GN'R.  It was very surprising, given that aside from the extremely small Hollywood Pallidum show in 2019, they haven't performed in LA in four years (2017).

4 years with 1 gig in a city of that size and to not sell out that stadium is sad. I guess the smashing pumpkins were to be half the sales for stadiums and now they’re not the support the tickets really aren’t selling. 

23 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Those are my two factors. If they drop HS prior, I'll probably skip Chicago. If they don't, I may just go based on chance of HS and having never been to a show at Wrigley. 

Exactly, if there's two singles out I'll reinforce that trend by spending the money. If not, I dig Absurd, but it's just not enough of a carrot to buy a couple of decent tickets. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1