08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

Hope everyone who is going has a great time!  I sold my tickets because a worse Axl than I saw in 2016 and Absurd + *maybe* Hard School admist a similar setlist otherwise just isn't too convincing and I am seeing The Black Crowes tonight instead cause I have yet to see the Robinson bros live (and Chris has been killing it live vocally this year)

I hope they play Hard School for those going tonight and that Axl has a good night 🤘

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Hope everyone who is going has a great time!  I sold my tickets because a worse Axl than I saw in 2016 and Absurd + *maybe* Hard School admist a similar setlist otherwise just isn't too convincing and I am seeing The Black Crowes tonight instead cause I have yet to see the Robinson bros live (and Chris has been killing it live vocally this year)

I hope they play Hard School for those going tonight and that Axl has a good night 🤘

You'd rather see the Black Crowes than Guns 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

You'd rather see the Black Crowes than Guns 🤣🤣🤣🤣

At this point in 2021 and considering how Axl sounds currently compared to when I saw him in 2016, absolutely :) 

Both shows landed on the same night and I just honestly feel like the Crowes will give me more bang for my buck in a live setting compared to Guns (which I never thought I would say yet in 2021 here we are)

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd pick the Black Crowes over GNR too... but only because Dirty Honey is opening for the Black Crowes. :devilshades:

Dude I am totally stoked to hear them tonight too!  Just gave their stuff a spin in preperation for tonight and they sound great

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Sure there's a small number of songs Axl struggles with (You Could Be Mine). But let's give the guy his dues. He's lost a good bit of weight. He's happy and engaging with crowds. There's a new single. And at 59 he puts on three hour shows which is twice as long as he's contracted to play. 

Anyway, enjoy the Crowes 😉.

Which is cool I am glad Absurd is out and Axl is seemingly happy.  I just already saw Axl in prime form twice in 2016 (plus Adler showing up one of those shows), got my reunion fix from that and all that jazz.  I just think Axl is struggling on more songs than I would like and between the two shows I feel confident in my pick for tonight's entertainment (even if Hard School is played honestly lol)

Slash has been killing it though based on what I have heard via videos this year though and I gotta give props to him.  I'll catch GNR next LA show, thankfully they are here often (2016, 2017, 2019, and now)

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

I’m a casual fan at best of the Black Crowes. Saw them last month and had a good time

1 minute ago, jimisbatman said:

Wouldn't T2 MOVIE artwork of being a better choice for LA? Then release new song HS, now that would have been poetry 

That’d be killer but maybe they thought It’d be too similar to the Detroit one

• Like 1