08/19/21 - Los Angeles, CA - Banc of California Stadium

alfierose

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:
  • covid
  • ticket prices
  • novelty of reunion worn off by now
  • more or less the same songs in the same order for five years
  • no new music (average Joe probably won't get too excited about Absmurf)
  • Axl being very hit and miss for the first ten shows
  • not enough promotion by the band
  • horrible soundmix on NITL selects on YouTube = not the best business card for the band
  • lame opening acts (Wolfgang is great, but he is currently not performing with his band due to covid)

They will never sell out 70.000 on their own anymore as long as they operate like they do now.

Maybe if they'd co-headline with a band like Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Metallica or AC/DC, but not on their own. GNR would need one of those bands to really pack a stadium, but those bands don't need GNR to pack one.

That's sad, and you hit some valid points. Dropping an album, with promotion + music videos, and new setlist would pack out big stadiums imo

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Even if he said okay to HS, do you seriously think Fortus has the authority or power in the band to say “hey guys, we’re going to play the new single live tonight!” They would probably laugh at him and then play Absurd for another 2 years.

Don't know man, if you think about it 4tus is in the band since 2002, maybe he's the mastermind behind everything.

That would explain a lot.

https://instagram.com/making_a_bass_for_duffmckagan?utm_medium=copy_link

not sure if this is on the forum yet, but this has got to be the coolest thing a fan has ever done.   so if this lady wants hardschool, they will be total dicks not to play it for her.  she's at the show tonight. 

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 4
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

God. 2 new GNR songs inside 2 weeks…officially released…with Slash & Duff…Could you imagine? 

13 years without anything new, and to get 2 songs within weeks seems highly unlikely. However some of the guesstimations (new word) on here has made me think its possible. Current mood, excited. 

59 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Dude I am totally stoked to hear them tonight too!  Just gave their stuff a spin in preperation for tonight and they sound great

Dirty Honey's music any good? Suggestions of their best songs? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

not sure if this is on the forum yet, but this has got to be the coolest thing a fan has ever done.   so if this lady wants hardschool, they will be total dicks not to play it for her.  she's at the show tonight. 

I can’t see the post, what is it?

32 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

This is UNREAL dedication. I sincerely hope she gets to meet him.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

40 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

How cool is that?  I do hope Duff plays it at some point, i don’t know if it has the best gear, but at least the pickups are good and the woodwork seems pretty neat too.