Tenet (new Chris Nolan movie)

rocknroll41

Didn’t see a thread for this movie yet so I figured I’d make one.

I saw it the other day. At first I didn’t think I liked it, but then I slept on it and started to understand the story better, and it has grown on me a lot since then.

Did anyone else here go see it? My theater was completely empty except for me and my two friends, and we saw it on opening weekend, in area with relatively low covid numbers, so my guess is that it’s not doing too well, sadly.

Edited by rocknroll41

39 minutes ago, downzy said:

Haven't yet but will when it comes to streaming platforms or 4K UHDs. 

Don't see myself wearing a mask for two hours in a movie theatre any time soon.  

Same. I'm excited to see this, however. 

Might actually do the mask thing for the new Bond movie, but I can't help myself there :lol:

22 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Same. I'm excited to see this, however. 

Might actually do the mask thing for the new Bond movie, but I can't help myself there :lol:

I’ll always have a mask on when I’m inside public places or populated outside spaces.  But I hate wearing it and can’t see subjecting myself to wearing it for two hours regardless of the movie or event. My limit is about a half hour then I’m out. 

2 hours ago, downzy said:

I’ll always have a mask on when I’m inside public places or populated outside spaces.  But I hate wearing it and can’t see subjecting myself to wearing it for two hours regardless of the movie or event. My limit is about a half hour then I’m out. 

Man I'm gonna be boring here by posting this same thing I just did above: same. I don't mind wearing it if I need to go indoors anywhere but it's only for a bit and the second I get outside I take it off. Like you said, sitting through an entire movie with a mask is gonna be difficult. 

15 hours ago, downzy said:

Haven't yet but will when it comes to streaming platforms or 4K UHDs. 

Don't see myself wearing a mask for two hours in a movie theatre any time soon.  

No one wears masks actually in the cinema, its just coming into em.  How does one eat popcorn and drink their drink and eat their ice cream with a mask on?

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Extremely disappointed with this movie... visually it was pretty good though.

Thought it was fucking shit! Bored the arse off me! I hate it when they get all twisty turny plotwise cuz if I think it's shit there's always the nagging feeling that it's because I'm just too thick to understand it properly. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Thought it was fucking shit! Bored the arse off me! I hate it when they get all twisty turny plotwise cuz if I think it's shit there's always the nagging feeling that it's because I'm just too thick to understand it properly. :lol: 

I have the exact same thing...either that or like, I just can't be bothered to invest the attention in watching it throughly cuz it just looks shit.  I never watched any of those M Night Shamalyam films.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I have the exact same thing...either that or like, I just can't be bothered to invest the attention in watching it throughly cuz it just looks shit.  I never watched any of those M Night Shamalyam films.

You've watched it then? Am I just being fucking thick or was it just a load of nonsense? What's the fucking story with those backward bullets and all that? I mean how is it that these guns are so dangerous when you have to be standing in front of the wall that the bullet was shot into to be shot by it? "Right you cunt, I'm gonna fucking do you! Errr, would you mind just moving over here and standing on that spot between that hole in the wall and this gun so I can shoot you?" :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

You've watched it then? Am I just being fucking thick or was it just a load of nonsense? What's the fucking story with those backward bullets and all that? I mean how is it that these guns are so dangerous when you have to be standing in front of the wall that the bullet was shot into to be shot by it? "Right you cunt, I'm gonna fucking do you! Errr, would you mind just moving over here and standing on that spot between that hole in the wall and this gun so I can shoot you?" :lol: 

I've not seen it, no, looked a load of bollocks to me.  I tend to avoid films that look overly complex, never really saw The Matrix properly, never saw the Bourne films, never saw Sixth Sense and all the gear that director made. 

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've not seen it, no, looked a load of bollocks to me.  I tend to avoid films that look overly complex, never really saw The Matrix properly, never saw the Bourne films, never saw Sixth Sense and all the gear that director made. 

It's a proper load of wank. Seriously the whole premise is that they've found a way to make shit go backwards and wotnot and they've got these bullets that start stuck into a wall or something and fire backwards into the gun. There was this fight where the guy is trying to drag another fella in front of this hole in the wall so he can fire his backwards gun at him. I'm just sitting there thinking wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just use a normal gun? :lol: 

Here, have a watch of this. About 25 seconds in.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Inception was great though. First 2 Matrix were a lot of fun, third not so much. Bourne films are decent. Sixth Sense was really great and you should check it out.