You Could Be Mine Demo 87 88 89 90?

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Hopefully the oldest YCBM demo is from the Pre appetite sessions (1986?), I’d imagine it’s a very different song but the main riff would be intact minus Matt’s intro as Matt created that.

I didn't know that, interesting.

Any Illusion Material Pre Matt with Adler on it that is Online is fun to listen to. Makes you think what GnR woud sound like with Adler during the Illusion Era. 

50 minutes ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

I didn't know that, interesting.

Any Illusion Material Pre Matt with Adler on it that is Online is fun to listen to. Makes you think what GnR woud sound like with Adler during the Illusion Era. 

I don’t think the album would’ve sounded that different... I don’t think I even realised  that Adler drums on civil war for like the first ten years...

YcBM intro: Matt discusses it in this video towards the end

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

They played the demo for a Kerrang journalist when they played the Marquee shows. When it was later released, the journalist called it something like "the same hard rocker, with slightly cooler guitars".@Blackstar could probably give more info.

But yea, an AFD-era demo likely exists. Hopefully they include it (and any other demos/live songs with Adler) in the UYIbox.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Ok. 1987, Wonder if they had it during the recording of AFD?

YCBM on AFD....That would be Something.

Welcome to the forum

For me, YCBM is such a quintessentially UYI sounding track (production wise) that I have a hard time imagining it with the dryer and less saturated AFD sound.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Ok. 1987, Wonder if they had it during the recording of AFD?

YCBM on AFD....That would be Something.

They definitely had written at least some of ycbm whilst writing afd as some lyrics are in the afd booklet, one of their biography’s (slash,duff or Steven) names a bunch of pre afd songs, pretty sure perfect crime and ycbm were amongst them

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Welcome to the forum

For me, YCBM is such a quintessentially UYI sounding track (production wise) that I have a hard time imagining it with the dryer and less saturated AFD sound.

Thanks

True. Love to hear it though.

YCBM told the World in 1991 GnR still Kicked Ass. With Arnold!!

• Like 2

On a related side note, Steven has been playing the song live in recent years and it is interesting hearing his take on it. 

That might be the closest we get to being able to imagine how the original Steven version could have been like, taking the UYI we know and imagining his drum parts over that

Edited by WhazUp

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They played the demo for a Kerrang journalist when they played the Marquee shows. When it was later released, the journalist called it something like "the same hard rocker, with slightly cooler guitars".@Blackstar could probably give more info.

But yea, an AFD-era demo likely exists. Hopefully they include it (and any other demos/live songs with Adler) in the UYIbox.

On the contrary, I’d imagine an Appetite-era demo doesn’t exist, since both of the November Rain demos as well as Back Off Bitch were included in the AFD super deluxe. If a demo of YCBM existed from that era, wouldn’t that have made sense to be there also?

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

On the contrary, I’d imagine an Appetite-era demo doesn’t exist, since both of the November Rain demos as well as Back Off Bitch were included in the AFD super deluxe. If a demo of YCBM existed from that era, wouldn’t that have made sense to be there also?

....There has to be something on Tape/Record of YCBM Adler era. Song was First Mentioned in 1987. Thats's 3 years before the UYI Recordings. Chicago Sessions maybe? 

If I ever met Axl in person lol, that would be my Question, did they ever Recorded it with Adler and where is it!

We can only hope....

4 hours ago, soon said:

Welcome to the forum

They wrote YCBM in 1987 or earlier, but I think that the song was not intended to be released on AFD from the very beginning. November Rain, Bad Obsession and Back off Bitch were also released later. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

There's AFD and Lies demos that didn't make the AFD box, and I don't think the inclusion of Nov Rain or Back Off Bitch means they included all the early UYI stuff. Plus the Nov Rain demos had been floating around forever, and I'm sure they'll include more demos (like Axl's Advance Copy) on a UYI box set.

All the evidence suggests an AFD-era demo exists - Slash's book, the Kerrang article, the lyrics on the AFD sleeve, etc.

• Like 1