AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think their last few albums are all pretty average, aside from their lead songs and some others, but I am still fired up!

Rock N Roll Train cooks pretty nicely, but I’m not sure I can name another non-title track from an AC/DC album released in a good 20 years. 

Still, in the current music climate, I’ll gladly accept AC/DC. 

Edited by axlslash

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

Rock N Roll Train cooks pretty nicely, but I’m not sure I can name another non-title track from an AC/DC album released in a good 20 years. 

Still, in the current music climate, I’ll gladly accept AC/DC. 

Rock N Roll Train, Black Ice, and Rock or Bust are my top 3 from the last 2 albums

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Awesome to see Brian back. As much as I wanted an Axl/DC album or even song, this is Brian's rightful place and 2016 would have been a bad way for him to leave the band

I'm glad Brian is back and I'm glad there is no Axl/DC Album. I loved the 3 Shows I saw, but this is Brian's band. If Axl records music it should be with his band or not at all.

• Like 2

As bizarre and yet exciting as AXL/DC was there's no denying that the black cloud that seemingly followed the band during the Rock Or Bust period would have been a sour way to end things. I'm glad the proper line-up is getting another go and Brian is back in his rightful place.

I'm a big Slade fan and I genuinely thought Phil phoned it in on the Black Ice Tour, but Phil came back strong the first time around on the Ballbreaker Tour and he played terrific on both Rock or Bust and his solo album so I have no doubt the Phil of old is back.

• Like 4

I like the gradual uncovering of info on their website. Guns could do something like that, it would be cool. 

I just hope we wouldn't be waiting for some similar bar to disappear only to later see a title saying "NITL II". 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. If so, they did him dirty a second time. Kinda despicable. Seems like a good guy.

Angus is very coy when it comes to business and communication regarding the band. He treats AC/DC as the entity and the people who play as band members as tools to contribute to it. I think we have Brian and Phil back because he knows that is the closest thing we can get to the classic lineup now that Malcolm is gone. I doubt he picks band members based on how their personalities mesh. 

It is what it is. I like Chris a lot and he did a great job on RoB. At least he got one more go- around in the band, I doubt he thought that was ever going to happen before Phil went off the deep end

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

I wonder if Axl was left in the dark about all this too lol.

I wouldn't be surprised. As awesome as it was for us GNR nerds, he was still just a fill in for two tour legs. If Chris was in the dark, it wouldn't be a shock if Axl was too. That being said, the writing was on the wall that Angus wouldn't call him to front the band for a few years now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Angus is very coy when it comes to business and communication regarding the band. He treats AC/DC as the entity and the people who play as band members as tools to contribute to it. I think we have Brian and Phil back because he knows that is the closest thing we can get to the classic lineup now that Malcolm is gone. I doubt he picks band members based on how their personalities mesh. 

It is what it is. I like Chris a lot and he did a great job on RoB. At least he got one more go- around in the band, I doubt he thought that was ever going to happen before Phil went off the deep end

Chris Slade didn’t play on the RoB album. Just the tour.