AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

14 hours ago, SAU3R said:

There's a rumor that after they were spotted in Vancouver, they moved the recordings to LA, if that's the case, Phil's visa issues seem to be a thing of the past 

The recordings were definitely done in Vancouver (the pictures were from the same studio they did Rock Or Bust at), so I'd say Phil's visa issues are no longer a problem unless he's somehow allowed into Canada but not the US.

Fun fact: the only place where they haven't been since the 2009 Black Ice tour is South America. It's been more than 10 years since they were down here.

I still haven't been able to see them live. I was too young back then, and having the Live At River Plate show makes it even more sad! That may be one of the greatest recorded shows in rock history and I wasn't able to witness it in person :(

17 minutes ago, Creed said:

The band and Brian sound weaker in that new song. The riff sounds random.

I only cared about new tours since Black Ice to be honest. The studio albums are just a really cool bonus, nothing more and nothing less. 

When do you think the full album will be released? I think nowadays band start promoting albums 2 months prior release so it should come out in december with that logic.

I hope that the album has at least 12 songs in it. Shot in the dark doesnt sound very promising. It sounds GOOD but nothing spectacular or awesome. 

I can't get enough of seeing Brian and Phil back where they belong (Cliff too, of course, but never really had to see the band without him).

41 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

When do you think the full album will be released? I think nowadays band start promoting albums 2 months prior release so it should come out in december with that logic.

I hope that the album has at least 12 songs in it. Shot in the dark doesnt sound very promising. It sounds GOOD but nothing spectacular or awesome. 

My local classic rock station said November 13th but I'm not sure where they got their source from. They were right about the single coming on Wednesday though. Otherwise December 7th keeps getting thrown about. Either way, pretty soon!

• Like 1

Is this the album that is supposed to use older Malcolm Young tracks? I thought so, then see Stevie Young on rhythm guitar. There's articles from 2018 about this.

Perhaps the recordings were too rough for release, but used as inspiration and re-recorded by Stevie?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Is this the album that is supposed to use older Malcolm Young tracks? I thought so, then see Stevie Young on rhythm guitar. There's articles from 2018 about this.

Perhaps the recordings were too rough for release, but used as inspiration and re-recorded by Stevie?

The band’s studio engineer recently said that all tracks are based on leftover riffs from Malcolm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Yeah I think the initial reports from a couple years ago just got the wires crossed and that, just like Rock Or Bust, the songs are based on Malcolm's riffs but that Stevie in fact plays guitar on the songs.

Ha! Next thing you're going to be saying Dee Snider didn't get Guns N Roses back together! :D

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

They already used older Malcolm tracks for Rock Or Bust. That's nothing new. 

I just looked at the RoB booklet. "All songs written by Angus and Malcolm Young".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The band’s studio engineer recently said that all tracks are based on leftover riffs from Malcolm.

I think he actually said 'Some' were old Malcolm riffs, recorded by Stevie. Angus has definitely contributed his own riffs too, no different to when Mal was still an active member of the band.

• Like 1

AC/DC kept new album details secret from even their own recording engineer

“Angus kinda came into this with a lot of ideas and riffs and not too many completed songs,” Fraser revealed. ”But that was similar on Rock Or Bust. Because him and Malcolm [Young] had written tons of songs before Mal got sick and eventually passed away. So he's got a whole treasure trove of ideas and riffs and all that. So he's probably spent a few years before we came in to do this record pooling ideas together and all that, and then when he came into the studio here, he just sat down with a whole suitcase full of little demo things he had done. And him and Brendan O'Brien, who produced the record, would sift through all the ideas and say, ‘Hey, that's great. That's a really good song. Let's put that riff here’.”

“He had — I don’t remember exactly — maybe three or four songs sort of completed that they maybe adjusted, added a chorus here or something like that. But yeah, it was just basically from a stockpile of all these riffs and stuff that Angus and Mal had put together over the years. So they had to sort piece the songs together before we'd record them. They'd probably spend a day or so doing that, and we'd come in, blast off the song. And like these guys work, it's pretty much live in the studio. What you hear is what they did, what you get. They fire up pretty quick. They all work really good together, 'cause they've worked together for so long; they're a unit.”

https://www.loudersound.com/news/acdc-kept-new-album-details-secret-from-even-their-own-recording-engineer

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

They already used older Malcolm tracks for Rock Or Bust. That's nothing new. 

I just looked at the RoB booklet. "All songs written by Angus and Malcolm Young".

Supposedly these songs will be using Malcolms left over ideas from Black Ice sessions. They had heaps of unused riffs and song ideas recorded.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vloors said:

Supposedly these songs will be using Malcolms left over ideas from Black Ice sessions. They had heaps of unused riffs and song ideas recorded.

@vloors 'Five years prior to the (2008) 'Black Ice' LP, AC/DC's 15th studio release, Angus and Malcolm Young . . . literally wrote hundreds of songs, many were recorded and have been stashed away until now.  

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac-dcs-new-album-will-contain-mind-blowing-malcolm-young-surprises/

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1