AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Supposedly these songs will be using Malcolms left over ideas from Black Ice sessions. They had heaps of unused riffs and song ideas recorded.

Yeah there was apparently a whole album’s worth of riffs done in 2003 that never got used. I assume that’s where a bunch of these new songs probably came from.

On 10/3/2020 at 7:52 AM, vloors said:

Nrl grand final would be great

Nooooo i thought it was cringy when slash did it.

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have a good feeling about this record. 

I do to. This will more than likely be there last hurrah. Wonder if they will announce that if true, so i hope if it is their last hurrah the record will be a success.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I do to. This will more than likely be there last hurrah. Wonder if they will announce that if true, so i hope if it is their last hurrah the record will be a success.

Yeah, those "last hurra" rumours already exists since Ballbreaker 😂 The band will die with Angus, as Stevie once said. 

Edited by Sosso

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Yeah, those "last hurra" rumours already exists since Ballbreaker 😂 The band will die with Angus, as Stevie once said. 

I woukd have dismissed them tgen, and wouldnt taken it so seriously, but with macolm gone i dont know.....

Then again they may habe enough material from the previous sessions for another album or  two after this one. Could be Angus's triology!.

27 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I woukd have dismissed them tgen, and wouldnt taken it so seriously, but with macolm gone i dont know.....

Then again they may habe enough material from the previous sessions for another album or  two after this one. Could be Angus's triology!.

Angus could have ended AC/DC so many times. Bon's death, Phil's first departure, Malcolm's illness, Phil's second departure, etc. He always found a way to move on. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Sounds like Cliff didn’t really like Axl (since he said that it was Brian’s return that made him wanna come back and that the 2016 tour was “tough to do”).

Side note: Brian seems like a really nice guy in that interview! I’m glad he found a way to get his hearing fixed, and that things worked out for him.

Also it’s ironic that the guy conducting the radio interview was named “Axl Low.” Lol!

I wonder if they’ll ever address the Axl situation, or if they just feel like there’s nothing to be said there, really.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sounds like Cliff didn’t really like Axl (since he said that it was Brian’s return that made him wanna come back and that the 2016 tour was “tough to do”).

Side note: Brian seems like a really nice guy in that interview! I’m glad he found a way to get his hearing fixed, and that things worked out for him.

Also it’s ironic that the guy conducting the radio interview was named “Axl Low.” Lol!

I wonder if they’ll ever address the Axl situation, or if they just feel like there’s nothing to be said there, really.

I don't think Cliff had anything against Axl himself necessarily, just that so much had changed plus his own health concerns that he didn't have the desire to continue.

38 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/acdc-interview-brian-johnson-angus-young-power-up-1070834/

Great and very personal new interview with Angus, Brian and Cliff by the RS magazine 

Great interview! Nice tidbit about Phil at Malcolm's funeral. I was always curious what kind of direct contact he would have had with Angus around that time. Speaking of Phil, I'm glad he decided to show up for the photos and music videos this time. :lol:

Glad he got himself together.

Also, I will be disappointed if they play Money Shot on tour but not Moneytalks. ;)

Excellent interview! I didn't get the vibe that Cliff had a personal issue with Axl. We probably looked more into Axl/DC than Angus did. Axl was brought in as a fill- in, and he did exactly that. Now that Brian can do it, why continue with Axl instead? Cliff witnessed the band wither away in real time, and no matter how much we like Axl and no matter how good he was, that was hard to watch for him and diehard AC/DC fans. 

AC/DC, more than most bands, deserves to go out with a bang and with as many classic members in tact imo. I would have liked an Axl/DC studio or live release, but Brian deserves this and this is the best possible outcome for the band. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

I read this in the RS interview too.. Do you know more about his issues? 

Nothing more than he said there, and a short interview from 2016 with his local Sarasota newspaper where he discussed feeling like it was his time to be done with touring (but I don't think he addressed his health).

34 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

It’s a solid lead single, though I thought RNR Train and Play Ball were stronger. But it’s exactly what I expect from AC/DC and that’s not a bad thing. 

It’s a solid AC DC tune, nothing special, nothing bad. 

For me RnR Train is a classic. Sounded a classic first time I heard it. Brilliant opener on that tour also. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • GNFNR 1

I subscribe to the ACDC store and they all ready have merch ready to send when the album drops on the 13/11 as part of pre order. I think tge pomotion for this album will be huge, so i hope they have a lot of success with tge album considering how shit 2020 has been.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It’s a solid lead single, though I thought RNR Train and Play Ball were stronger. But it’s exactly what I expect from AC/DC and that’s not a bad thing. 

I agree, they have played it a few times today on our hard rock station here in Brisbane, Australia, and it’s been well received. The band was also being interviewed for a while, no mention of Axl though. 

So yeah, a solid tune that perhaps with this crazy year so far people maybe appreciating something reliably familiar. Brian sounds great. Obviously studio recording can be manipulated but he is AC/DC, so I’m glad that he returned and wasn’t replaced by Axl. 

"A lot of the ideas Malcolm and myself had through the years," Angus Young says of AC/DC's new album, which will be out next month.

"They were ideas that the two of us together had worked on. At the time we always said, 'Oh yeah, we got to get to that'. We always put aside the songs that we always thought were good AC/DC style songs.

"So, with this album, it was a case of, 'Alright, I'll go through and get a lot of those ideas the two of us worked on that we always believed should have gone out there as AC/DC tracks'."

Power Up will feature a selection of songs put together by the Young brothers over many years. Angus assures their quality, saying they simply didn't fit on the records they were making at the time.

"I can think of a few [that are] probably from the 90s," Angus says. "At the time there were good, strong ideas. I mean, a lot of them I've remembered in my head and I've always at some point said 'Oh, we've got to get to that track, and that track'."

https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/features/acdc-angus-young-interview-ac-dc-shot-in-the-dark-power-up/12735788

• Like 1

Listened to the new single earlier this morning. It was exactly what I expected.

As nice as I'm sure it is to be a fan of a band that has regular releases, I would rather have GN'R as they are with sporadic and infrequent, but intriguing releases than with a new AFD sounding album every handful of years.