AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Listened to the new single earlier this morning. It was exactly what I expected.

As nice as I'm sure it is to be a fan of a band that has regular releases, I would rather have GN'R as they are with sporadic and infrequent, but intriguing releases than with a new AFD sounding album every handful of years. 

I don't think time is a factor as to whether or not they release something that is stylistically intriguing. All we've got from Guns lately is an endless nostalgia tour and re-releases of Appetite and the Greatest Hits. I'd rather them give us a retro style album at this point. At least it would be something new.

On 10/6/2020 at 2:38 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Sounds like Cliff didn’t really like Axl (since he said that it was Brian’s return that made him wanna come back and that the 2016 tour was “tough to do”).

23 hours ago, James Bond said:

I don't think Cliff had anything against Axl himself necessarily, just that so much had changed plus his own health concerns that he didn't have the desire to continue.

I agree with @James Bond here - I don't think it was personal against Axl, more that he had seen Malcolm depart and pass away and then Brian having to leave also all culminating in it not really feeling like AC/DC to him. I've not seen anything to suggest that the AC/DC line-up of 2016 had any issue with Axl at all, if anything I think there was huge respect for Axl sitting in (no pun intended) for that tour. I'm not an expert in law but I'm sure that if AC/DC had to cancel those shows they would've been liable for a large chunk of costs, so Axl being able to come in and fill that spot (having the name appeal and ability to sing) was a large benefit to the band.

• Like 2

A recycled Have a Drink on Me riff - check

A nice, catchy lyric in "A shot in the dark beats a walk in the park" - check

Business as usual from the 'DC.... and you wouldn't want it any other way.

It doesn't excite me the way an AXL/DC single would have but it's great to have them back all the same.

Brian's vocal sounds really good too.

• Like 1

• Powerage5 changed the title to AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

I'd rank Shot in the Dark behind Rock or Bust and maybe Play Ball.

Mostly the production is a big issue for me.  The guitars are struggling to breath somewhere, the production is too big and manufactured and it sounds a bit flat as a consequence. Rock or Bust had the same issue.

I think they knocked it out of the park with Black Ice and the production was very clean and you can hear the guitars so clearly it sounds awesome up LOUD.

• Like 1

I think I like the production better than Rock or Bust, at least based on this song. It sounds more sleek and I dig the guitar sound. Reminiscent of the guitar song on For Those About To Rock (I'm thinking Put The Finger On You in particular).

In lieu of the picture disc I pre-ordered the yellow vinyl. I asked my daughter to pick red, yellow, silver, or black. Yellow it is. :lol:

• GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Angus confirmed there will be more AC/DC albums in the future and he does not intend to end the band. AXL/DC anyone?

I have the theory that Axl will return for the album after PWR/UP. 

Possible line-ups would be Angus/Stevie/Axl/Cliff Williams/Phil Rudd or Angus/Stevie/Axl/Mark Evans/Phil Rudd. 

________

Can you give us your source? 

Edited by Sosso

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

I have the theory that Axl will return for the album after PWR/UP. 

Possible line-ups would be Angus/Stevie/Axl/Cliff Williams/Phil Rudd or Angus/Stevie/Axl/Mark Evans/Phil Rudd. 

________

Can you give us your source? 

I dontbthink axls vocals could hold up to a 3 hour acdc show.