AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What moron chose SITD as a single over this?

I haven’t listened to this clip yet - one song is enough to tide me over until the album drops. That said, SITD is a pretty stereotypical AC/DC lead single. They’ve stuck to mid tempo, bluesy lead singles since Ballbreaker (Hard As A Rock, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock N Roll Train, Play Ball), and SITD very much fits that mold. 

5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I haven’t listened to this clip yet - one song is enough to tide me over until the album drops. That said, SITD is a pretty stereotypical AC/DC lead single. They’ve stuck to mid tempo, bluesy lead singles since Ballbreaker (Hard As A Rock, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock N Roll Train, Play Ball), and SITD very much fits that mold. 

Pretty much this. 

One thing I hope for in the near future (and never thought would happen) is a 50th anniversary AC/DC tour. Going back to listen to the back catalog and work my way forward until the album comes out. I wonder if they did work on more songs based on what Angus said about there being a lot of Malcolm and Angus song ideas still kicking around and put them on the shelf for now. I am hoping Rock or Bust was filmed and still hoping they would have put them out with Brian on one disc and Axl on the other, with a documentary. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Going back to listen to the back catalog and work my way forward until the album comes out. I wonder if they did work on more songs based on what Angus said about there being a lot of Malcolm and Angus song ideas still kicking around and put them on the shelf for now. 

Doing the same, except staying away from Bon Scott stuff, and big guns of Back In Black and FTATR.  Cant stop listening to Flick of the Switch, such an underrated album. new clip of Demons Fire sounds AWESOME, really looking forward the release day; won't listen to it before purchasing it the old fashion way at the record store.  

Read somewhere that this won't be the last AC/DC album as angus has more malcolm demos to go through.

Edited by jimisbatman

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Doing the same, except staying away from Bon Scott stuff, and big guns of Back In Black and FTATR.  Cant stop listening to Flick of the Switch, such an underrated album. new clip of Demons Fire sounds AWESOME, really looking forward the release day; won't listen to it before purchasing it the old fashion way at the record store.  

Read somewhere that this won't be the last AC/DC album as angus has more malcolm demos to go through.

Flick Of The Switch is such a killer album, easily the second best Brian album IMO. To me it’s sort of the Powerage of the Brian era - the hardcore fans really love it, but it gets overlooked so often because it didn’t really have any hits, or even concert staples for that matter. Brian still sounded great on it, the production is incredibly raw, and it’s just got this sort of attitude and swagger to it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

The album leaked. I had to stop on the first track, Realize, because it's so amazing. Strong 80s feels. It should have been the lead single right away. SITD is boring compared to it.

I love Realize!

I like the best of Black Ice quite a bit, and I liked Rock or Bust more than BI. This album is majorly 80's as you say.

In fact, I think they went too far with that on Kick You When You're Down, haha. A little too Def Leppard with the backup vocals. 

I think that same vocal stuff works on Through The Mists of Time, though. If AC/DC was a movie, it sounds like the closing credits song. :). The rhythm guitar sounds massive. 

Edited by Ant

I liked Black Ice because the band step outside their comfort zone and the songs were quite serious (Dream, Money Made, War Machine, Stormy May Day, Black Ice) and I thought Rock Or Bust was too corny and it felt unfinished.

Ok I've listened to the album entirely, couldn't help myself. 

Spoiler

This album sounds like For Those About To Rock and Fly On The Wall and Black Ice. The first half of the album is amazing, Realize and Rejection are instant classics to me. They're very strong. A bit of Down Of The Bordeline and a bit of the Bon Scott era. Mists of Time is almost a power ballad but I like it very much in the same vein of Anything Goes and Rock The Blues Away. The second half is strong but that's where the AC/DC formula starts to bore me a little bit. I think Systems Down is the strongest of the bunch. Overall I'm so happy, this album is certainly a grower. The band sound like they will never stop. Brian sounds amazing! Backing vocals are off the hook!

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2