Jump to content

AC/DC - Power Up available November 13


Recommended Posts

On 10/19/2020 at 1:18 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Let's face it, Axl was fired the first time Angus heard Mickey Mouse. Even if Brian hadn't come back he wasn't going to let Axl front AC/DC with the voice he's had since 2017.

That would have been interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beyond that though, there was a lot to enjoy as an AC/DC fan also. The shows were a solid 45 mins longer than your typical AC/DC gig with roughly 6-7 songs more every night than was typical with Brian

On my first listen now. Still haven’t bothered to order an LP edition, but I’ll go for the yellow if it’s still available. For right now I just have the light-up CD version. Super cool packaging, very

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Demon Fire sounds like an unreleased song from the Ballbreaker sessions and I love it :headbang:

Definitely some BB vibes in there, as well as some Safe in NYC ones! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What moron chose SITD as a single over this?

I haven’t listened to this clip yet - one song is enough to tide me over until the album drops. That said, SITD is a pretty stereotypical AC/DC lead single. They’ve stuck to mid tempo, bluesy lead singles since Ballbreaker (Hard As A Rock, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock N Roll Train, Play Ball), and SITD very much fits that mold. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I haven’t listened to this clip yet - one song is enough to tide me over until the album drops. That said, SITD is a pretty stereotypical AC/DC lead single. They’ve stuck to mid tempo, bluesy lead singles since Ballbreaker (Hard As A Rock, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock N Roll Train, Play Ball), and SITD very much fits that mold. 

Pretty much this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I hope for in the near future (and never thought would happen) is a 50th anniversary AC/DC tour. Going back to listen to the back catalog and work my way forward until the album comes out. I wonder if they did work on more songs based on what Angus said about there being a lot of Malcolm and Angus song ideas still kicking around and put them on the shelf for now. I am hoping Rock or Bust was filmed and still hoping they would have put them out with Brian on one disc and Axl on the other, with a documentary. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Going back to listen to the back catalog and work my way forward until the album comes out. I wonder if they did work on more songs based on what Angus said about there being a lot of Malcolm and Angus song ideas still kicking around and put them on the shelf for now. 

Doing the same, except staying away from Bon Scott stuff, and big guns of Back In Black and FTATR.  Cant stop listening to Flick of the Switch, such an underrated album. new clip of Demons Fire sounds AWESOME, really looking forward the release day; won't listen to it before purchasing it the old fashion way at the record store.  

 

Read somewhere that this won't be the last AC/DC album as angus has more malcolm demos to go through.

Edited by jimisbatman
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Doing the same, except staying away from Bon Scott stuff, and big guns of Back In Black and FTATR.  Cant stop listening to Flick of the Switch, such an underrated album. new clip of Demons Fire sounds AWESOME, really looking forward the release day; won't listen to it before purchasing it the old fashion way at the record store.  

 

Read somewhere that this won't be the last AC/DC album as angus has more malcolm demos to go through.

Flick Of The Switch is such a killer album, easily the second best Brian album IMO. To me it’s sort of the Powerage of the Brian era - the hardcore fans really love it, but it gets overlooked so often because it didn’t really have any hits, or even concert staples for that matter. Brian still sounded great on it, the production is incredibly raw, and it’s just got this sort of attitude and swagger to it. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

The album leaked. I had to stop on the first track, Realize, because it's so amazing. Strong 80s feels. It should have been the lead single right away. SITD is boring compared to it.

I love Realize!

I like the best of Black Ice quite a bit, and I liked Rock or Bust more than BI. This album is majorly 80's as you say.

In fact, I think they went too far with that on Kick You When You're Down, haha. A little too Def Leppard with the backup vocals. 

 

I think that same vocal stuff works on Through The Mists of Time, though. If AC/DC was a movie, it sounds like the closing credits song. :). The rhythm guitar sounds massive. 

Edited by Ant
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Black Ice and RoB had some some more "oomph" with "hits" with RNR Train and the title track of RoB, but as a record, I think I prefer this one 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...