AC/DC - Power Up available November 13

SAU3R

These pictures were uploaded on their website some minutes ago and immediately taken down again. That definitely confirms Brian, Cliff and Phil are back and they were working on something. 

Also a French (?) music news outlet claimed an hour earlier that a new album will be released on 27th November. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It does makes sense to finally release this album without a supporting tour this year. I mean, they can't hold it back forever. 

I mean, a couple of the bands I follow closely are holding back albums because of the pandemic, granted the situations are a little different. Iron Maiden supposedly would've had their new album out this fall, but in their case the final leg of their current tour got postponed from this summer to next summer. The Dropkick Murphys have also postponed their new album - it was originally supposed to be out in the spring, then it got postponed to September, and now it's on hold indefinitely (Though they have at least released a single from it in the meantime). 

I don't think there's any right or wrong answers on how to handle releasing new music in this situation. Yes, it is frustrating when new stuff is being held back, but I can also understand artists not wanting to release new music and then not be able to tour in support of it. 

@Powerage5 One thing is for sure. They don't need to release an album to go on tour. They could go on a decade long world tour without any new songs and still sell out the biggest stadiums.

Releasing the new album one or two years in advance of a potential tour won't take away the excitement in the slightest way.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sosso said:

@Powerage5 One thing is for sure. They don't need to release an album to go on tour. They could go on a decade long world tour without any new songs and still sell out the biggest stadiums.

Releasing the new album one or two years in advance of a potential tour won't take away the excitement in the slightest way.

Don't disagree that they could absolutely get away with that. Personally? Don't know how I feel about having to digest an album for upwards of a year before any of it gets played live. But different strokes and all that, and my personal feelings don't matter in the end anyways :lol: 

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

As much as I had a blast with the AXL/DC period and seeing them live with Slade on drums, I can't deny the giddy feeling I get seeing Brian and Phil back where they belong (Cliff too, of course).

I'm still mad about the fact that they haven't played Moneytalks with Axl and Chris. 

On a side note, my favourite "What if" rhythm section for a new album is still Mark Evans / Simon Wright. Or even better, Mark Evans / Phil Rudd. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I'm still mad about the fact that they haven't played Moneytalks with Axl and Chris. 

On a side note, my favourite "What if" rhythm section for a new album is still Mark Evans / Simon Wright. Or even better, Mark Evans / Phil Rudd. 

I'm just mad about Moneytalks in general. Their biggest hit in the US and it hasn't been played since 1991. :lol:

Brian called it "a stinker to sing" when he was asked about it in 2003, but is it really that much harder to sing than anything else he's had to sing for the past forty years?

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I'm just mad about Moneytalks in general. Their biggest hit in the US and it hasn't been played since 1991. :lol:

Brian called it "a stinker to sing" when he was asked about it in 2003, but is it really that much harder to sing than anything else he's had to sing for the past forty years?

I don't know. The only reason why Brian still sings Thunderstruck is because of Angus. That's the only reason why the song is still in the setlist nowadays. 

Edited by Sosso

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

One of Brian's best vocally and lyrically, but seriously, if there was ever a time to bring it back Angus truly missed his opportunity with Axl.

Come on. It's literally in the name! :lol:

Even beyond the hilarity of him singing that one, I'm really confident it would've fit his Axl/DC voice really well after hearing how he did the early Brian stuff. 

• Like 1