Recommend me some of the "Most Raspy" performances from 2011-2014.

MrSpaghetti

I was listening to some performances from 2011 and found myself amazed with Axl's vocals in Riff Raff, Axl sounded amazing in this performance, should I say he sounded even better than he did in 2010, focusing more in the voice quality over the raspy's strength.

From the last concerts of 2010 onwards he focused on his clean "mickey mouse" voice, but when he wanted to pull some raspy he did it incredibly well.

Please recommend me some RASPY performances from 2011-2014.

On 9/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, MrSpaghetti said:

I was listening to some performances from 2011 and found myself amazed with Axl's vocals in Riff Raff, Axl sounded amazing in this performance, should I say he sounded even better than he did in 2010, focusing more in the voice quality over the raspy's strength.

From the last concerts of 2010 onwards he focused on his clean "mickey mouse" voice, but when he wanted to pull some raspy he did it incredibly well.

Please recommend me some RASPY performances from 2011-2014.

From memory...

Chile 2011, the Forum 2011 (there's a proshot), NY Hiro Ballroom 2012 (few proshots), House of Blues in LA 2012 (Dead Flowers, Mama Kin on the setlist), Vegas Residency 2012 early shows, Bethlehem 2014, Vegas Residency 2014 the last two shows (unbelievable great). The US 2011 tour and the Europe 2012 tour were fairly decent overall. 2013 wasn't particularly a great year.

15 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

From memory...

Chile 2011, the Forum 2011 (there's a proshot), NY Hiro Ballroom 2012 (few proshots), House of Blues in LA 2012 (Dead Flowers, Mama Kin on the setlist), Vegas Residency 2012 early shows, Bethlehem 2014, Vegas Residency 2014 the last two shows (unbelievable great). The US 2011 tour and the Europe 2012 tour were fairly decent overall. 2013 wasn't particularly a great year.

Philly 2012 and Hiro 2012 were pretty good but the Vegas shows were weak. There was a Sirius XM broadcast of one of those shows and it was basically unlistenable from what I remember. The last 2014 shows were good though. Forum 2011 had some good performances too.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Philly 2012 and Hiro 2012 were pretty good but the Vegas shows were weak. There was a Sirius XM broadcast of one of those shows and it was basically unlistenable from what I remember. The last 2014 shows were good though. Forum 2011 had some good performances too.

I forgot Philly 2012. Best show from 2012 by far.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, Dean said:

As noted, Philadelphia 2012 is one of the greatest Guns shows for the Chinese era. Axl really brought his A game. 

No doubt on that. I'd rank it above a fair few of the Illusion's shows to be honast.

• GNFNR 1