Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

Directed by Matt Reeves (War for the Planet of the Apes) starring Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Also starring Jeffery Wright, Paul Dano, Zoe Kravtiz, Andy Serkis and Colin Farrel. 

 

This film has been in trouble since Affleck left the project forcing new director Matt Reeves to form a new and mostly original story. This will be about Batman's second year as the Caped Crusader and it will be in similar noir to classic films like Chinatown and The French Connection.  Pattinson's casting raised some concerns but so has Keaton, Ledger and Gal Gadot. After seeing this trailer it is safe to assume that Pattinson will be great. Only 25 percent of the film was completed before the trailer, the film has resumed production a few days ago after Pattinson has been cleared from COVID.

 

I am sure most of you have already seen this teaser. Just over a year to go. Lets get started.

Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta love grammatical gimmicks

first it was aliens, predators etc

then it was the batman, the predator, the alien... did we have the superman yet?

what could be next? BATMAN, all capitals?

what a load of bollox

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

talented director and I really liked Pattinson in The Rover and The Lighthouse. Could be great provided the script is good. Not sure about Colin Farrel though, but Paul Dano is always good. Excited for this.

Edited by Rovim
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rovim said:

talented director and I really liked Pattinson in The Rover and The Lighthouse. Could be great provided the script is good. Not sure about Colin Farrel though, but Paul Dano is always good. Excited for this.

Farrell will be unrecognizable. He is the fat guy in the trailer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Farrell will be unrecognizable. He is the fat guy in the trailer. 

that's cool. I didn't watch the trailer cause watching trailers usually ruins the movie for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rovim said:

that's cool. I didn't watch the trailer cause watching trailers usually ruins the movie for me.

It is only a teaser. It doesn't show much because only 25 percent of the film was completed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit i wouldnt have been fussed if christian bale reprised the batman role again.

But i couldnt see how afleck would have made the role any good. Wonder if alfred is in the movie and who plays him....

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It looks like it's pitched similarly to Nolan's trilogy. My initial thought is it just looks like a reprise of Batman Begins. Where is Adam West when you need him?

I don't see that. This is set in Batman's second year on the job, so it's (thankfully) going to skip the origin story.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I don't see that. This is set in Batman's second year on the job, so it's (thankfully) going to skip the origin story.

Don't we also see Batman in Batman Begins in some homemade taped-together costume doing a bit of low-grade vigilantism? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I must admit i wouldnt have been fussed if christian bale reprised the batman role again.

But i couldnt see how afleck would have made the role any good. Wonder if alfred is in the movie and who plays him....

Andy Serkis is playing Alfred.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think a way to make a Batman movie fresh would be having it take place in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or 60s

70s would’ve been cool too.

8 hours ago, Nesret said:

I'm so incredibly glad that Affleck is off the table :popcorn:

Same, but he’s still in the Flash movie (unfortunately).

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It looks like it's pitched similarly to Nolan's trilogy. My initial thought is it just looks like a reprise of Batman Begins. Where is Adam West when you need him?

I’m also worried that it might be too similar to Nolan’s take but hopefully the final film proves me wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't we also see Batman in Batman Begins in some homemade taped-together costume doing a bit of low-grade vigilantism? 

Those were his first days on the job. This Batman is a little more seasoned, about at the same level as he'd be in "The Dark Knight" where he was like 6 months to a year into the job or whatever it was.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think BvS and Justice League were poor movies, but Afleck was not bad in the role. 

The trailer looks cool, but the issue I have is that we have seen this before. We had the "dark, semi realistic early" Batman story with Batman begins. It's just an issue all superhero movies face now, everything has been done. That's why I think making it a period piece to mimic the original comics could have been a fun spin to set it apart

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think BvS and Justice League were poor movies, but Afleck was not bad in the role. 

The trailer looks cool, but the issue I have is that we have seen this before. We had the "dark, semi realistic early" Batman story with Batman begins. It's just an issue all superhero movies face now, everything has been done. That's why I think making it a period piece to mimic the original comics could have been a fun spin to set it apart

Late '30s - early '40s. Channel the Bob Kane.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Late '30s - early '40s. Channel the Bob Kane.

Exactly. I ate up every superhero movie 8-10 years ago. Now it's kind of exhausting. Endgame felt like a natural send-off to the genre. I'll still go see some but if they are going to keep going, creative spins would be welcome. A Bob Kane inspired Batman movie is a no brainier to me, what else can they do yo make a Batman movie unique? There have been a ton of them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Exactly. I ate up every superhero movie 8-10 years ago. Now it's kind of exhausting. Endgame felt like a natural send-off to the genre. I'll still go see some but if they are going to keep going, creative spins would be welcome. A Bob Kane inspired Batman movie is a no brainier to me, what else can they do yo make a Batman movie unique? There have been a ton of them 

Batman isn't like a superhero film to me, it's more like Bond. You can't keep doing Avengers movies, but you can keep making Batman movies and replacing the actor who plays Batman every few years. He's the most iconic of the superhero's, and he's human in a relatively real world!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...