The Batman (2021)

Georgy Zhukov

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It looks like it's pitched similarly to Nolan's trilogy. My initial thought is it just looks like a reprise of Batman Begins. Where is Adam West when you need him?

He's dead.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Late '30s - early '40s. Channel the Bob Kane.

You mean Bill Finger, the true creator of Batman. Kane was a fraud. 

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Andy Serkis is playing Alfred.

70s would’ve been cool too.

Same, but he’s still in the Flash movie (unfortunately).

I’m also worried that it might be too similar to Nolan’s take but hopefully the final film proves me wrong.

I don't think it will be that similar. Reeves wants to bring it closer to the comics. What I find interesting is that Batman is actually at the crime scene with the police. Something we haven't seen in a live action film since Batman & Robin.

3 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I don't think it will be that similar. Reeves wants to bring it closer to the comics. What I find interesting is that Batman is actually at the crime scene with the police. Something we haven't seen in a live action film since Batman & Robin.

He was at a crime scene with Gordon and some cops at the beginning of The Dark Knight (2008).

EDIT: well, Gordon and one other cop, I guess. The two of them kept him hidden from all the other cops that were there. So yeah I guess That’s kinda different... Kinda.

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He was at a crime scene with Gordon and some cops at the beginning of The Dark Knight (2008).

EDIT: well, Gordon and one other cop, I guess. The two of them kept him hidden from all the other cops that were there. So yeah I guess That’s kinda different... Kinda.

It is way different. They were supposed to capture Batman, but Batman has never once waltz into a crime scene going "sup?". It will be a lot more emphasis on Batman being a brilliant detective, the way Bill Finger has written him. I know most people reference Nolan as the definitive Batman but to me, Kevin Conroy from the animated series was the best Batman by far. None of the actors from the films can hold a candle to him. If Pattinson comes any closer he will be the best live action Batman since Adam West.

4 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

It is way different. They were supposed to capture Batman, but Batman has never once waltz into a crime scene going "sup?". It will be a lot more emphasis on Batman being a brilliant detective, the way Bill Finger has written him. I know most people reference Nolan as the definitive Batman but to me, Kevin Conroy from the animated series was the best Batman by far. None of the actors from the films can hold a candle to him. If Pattinson comes any closer he will be the best live action Batman since Adam West.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think the Nolan films are “perfect” like many other people do. I recognize that they each have flaws (the third one especially) and that there’s an opportunity to make something that’s even better than those. As a matter of fact, there’s a part of me that actually prefers the Burton films to the Nolan ones, and I still think that this film has the potential to be even better than the Burton stuff too.

I really enjoyed the trailer, but it just felt like something was “missing” and I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it’s just that they only filmed 25% and wanted to get something out in time for the Fandome event. I’ll wait to see what a future trailer brings.

10 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Also seems to be more darker than standard superhero fare.

I typically don't care for these films but i enjoyed TDK because that was basically a crime thriller with superhero characters.

I cant remember which of the comics DC or Marvel, tried to bring a darker side out in Batman.......

On 9/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, action said:

gotta love grammatical gimmicks

first it was aliens, predators etc

then it was the batman, the predator, the alien... did we have the superman yet?

what could be next? BATMAN, all capitals?

what a load of bollox

Actually it was The Batman way in the 40s already.

2 hours ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Haven't got much too add to the Topic of Batman 2021.

Just want to say Batman 1989, for me, is the Best Batman out of all the Batmans. Tim Burton Captured an a great aura in that movie alongside the Great acting of Jack Nicolson, The Sultry Kim Basinger and Michael keaton, the Best Actor to Play Batman.

Fond Memories watching it Growing up.

Yes! Agree with you word for word. I also grew up with it and great music as well in that movie...just all around fantastic Batman movie. Love Tim Burton. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. But so incredibly disappointed that they went if Pattinson. :facepalm:

People said the same for Keaton and Affleck. Having watched some of his recent movies, I realize he is much better for the role than his contenders Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Armie Hammer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

People said the same for Keaton and Affleck. Having watched some of his recent movies, I realize he is much better for the role than his contenders Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Armie Hammer. 

The movie looks good and I've no issue with Pattinson but he does look a little goth/emo in a few of the scenes.