What is the chance the 2021 US summer dates are played?

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely. Although some of the purveyors of live music (Ian Brown, Noel Gallagher, Van Morrison etc) seem to think the whole thing is a hoax, so we might all be doomed if anyone listens to those clowns! 

Noel? Sheesh. I hadn't heard that. What a goon. Ashamed to admit I don't know who Ian Brown is. We will mask, distance and stay in to support their roadies then! Some of the first workers forced off the job by the pandemic, and they'll be some of the last to get back to work. They bring us the shows, keep our favorite artists safe, and track down needed yellow jackets - we owe it to the roadies :headbang:

• Like 1

Considering our current "leader" thinks this disease affects virtually nobody as we pass 200,000 deaths , there's a zero percent chance these shows happen. Even a vaccine will take a long time to distribute and see it's effectiveness so yeah zero percent chance in the US that the shows happen as planned in huge stadiums.  No matter how many times Trump says Covid will disappear (over 30 now and Science begs to differ) it won't. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Noel? Sheesh. I hadn't heard that. What a goon. Ashamed to admit I don't know who Ian Brown is. We will mask, distance and stay in to support their roadies then! Some of the first workers forced off the job by the pandemic, and they'll be some of the last to get back to work. They bring us the shows, keep our favorite artists safe, and track down needed yellow jackets - we owe it to the roadies :headbang:

Yeah, that saddened me too as I'm an Oasis fan and always thought Noel had a brain. He's been banging the "I refuse to wear facemasks, why should I do it, they're an infringement on my civil liberty" drum. Sad to see really. 

You're not missing much with Ian Brown! He had some solo albums after the Stone Roses, never really set the world on fire and range from average to very poor. 

As you say, would be interesting to know what their roadies and crew make of those comments! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Yep especially yellow rain coats for certain band members.

• Haha 1

As much as i agree with towlie, i think the asian and oceania countries (NZ and Australia)will be bouncing back quicker from covid before the US and europe.  

I think seated concerts and social distancing with seating will be the norm. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, that saddened me too as I'm an Oasis fan and always thought Noel had a brain. He's been banging the "I refuse to wear facemasks, why should I do it, they're an infringement on my civil liberty" drum. Sad to see really. 

Usually I'm pretty up to date with the Gallaghers but I missed this. Disappointing, but I'm team Liam anyways. :lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You're not missing much with Ian Brown! He had some solo albums after the Stone Roses, never really set the world on fire and range from average to very poor. 

As you say, would be interesting to know what their roadies and crew make of those comments! 

Could you imagine londoners saying a big fuck you during WW2 to the government and refusing to not turn their lights off when german bombers were bombing london?.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

...and while the bombers fly over, Londoners saying "it's all nonsense, the media just want us to believe we're under attack, they say it's a big problem but I've never been hit by a bomb and I don't know anyone that has."

Mind you, there were a few (maybe one!) posters on here accusing anyone of suggesting any of the dates this year may not happen as "scaremongering" and "haters". I seem to remember certain users being very vocal and aggressive about it! 

They all disappeared/have gone very quiet on the subject in the last six months! 

I don't think those are fair comparisons.  

I  think you can maintain that COVID-19 is very dangerous and people in high risk categories should be protected at all costs,

And also

+ Recognize that it's become intertwined in various political statements.  All public gatherings are not treated equally.  You can't condemn one while turning a blind eye to others.  

+ If hospitals/institutions receive funding based on the # of COVID-19 deaths - then you can't discount the probability that the number of deaths are being inflated or the cause of death being attributed to COVID-19 when it might be very possible that the person would have died regardless.  If there's no faith in institutions of any kind - how can you believe anything?

Anyway.  I'm really looking forward to concerts next year.  If NJPW can make live events with crowds work - so can the rest of the world (with six months or more to plan for them)

Edited by Spike Killer

2 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

I don't think those are fair comparisons.  

I  think you can maintain that COVID-19 is very dangerous and people in high risk categories should be protected at all costs,

And also

+ Recognize that it's become intertwined in various political statements.  All public gatherings are not treated equally.  You can't condemn one while turning a blind eye to others.  

+ If hospitals/institutions receive funding based on the # of COVID-19 deaths - then you can't discount the probability that the number of deaths are being inflated or the cause of death being attributed to COVID-19 when it might be very possible that the person would have died regardless.

Anyway.  I'm really looking forward to concerts next year.  If NJPW can make live events with crowds work - so can the rest of the world (with six months or more to plan for them)

Well, obviously myself and @Sydney Fan are being somewhat playful in comparing certain idiot's reactions with WW2 and not really doing it as an actual comparison! 

To be honest, I'm pretty sick and tired of people trying to tell me coronavirus is being 'inflated' or 'exaggerated' or whatever, as things continue to get worse across the world and deaths continue to rise, simply because they don't want to make even the slightest compromise to their personal life. Fortunately, these conspiracy theory clowns with zero scientific, medical or health knowledge whatsoever  are increasingly receiving the derision their blind ignoring of the world around them deserves. That was the point I was trying to make, and presumably (not wanting to speak for him!) @Sydney Fan too. 

I think, as someone mentioned above, the only way to make a live event work in the foreseeable future will be with significant social distancing measures, which (as was discussed in another thread) comes with financial issues that make it nearly impossible in most live music scenarios. There have been a few trials, examples etc, of varying success, but I think we're dreaming if a GNR tour would happen with these restrictions. It's all or nothing for most gigs, for a variety of reasons, primarily financial, sadly. Fingers crossed though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely. Although some of the purveyors of live music (Ian Brown, Noel Gallagher, Van Morrison etc) seem to think the whole thing is a hoax, so we might all be doomed if anyone listens to those clowns! 

They're in the minority though, most people seem to agree that wearing masks etc is a good idea.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They're in the minority though, most people seem to agree that wearing masks etc is a good idea.

Thankfully. I have to keep reassuring myself of that- that all this ignorance and stupidity isn't what the majority think. I guess I wish no-one thought it so we could do our best to protect the most vulnerable. Not a perfect world though! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’m really hoping this tour hits the road. Is anyone on this forum skeptical?

GNR had to cancel the Dallas date and couldn't get another date for 2021 in the same venue. I do hope GNR gets a Dallas date in another venue. There are so many to choose from here. I would hate to not see GNR when it could possibly be the last US tour for a while.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I highly doubt there will be crowds permitted at events in 2021. 

Yeah, I feel the same way. I do have a date for KISS and Motley Crue, but who knows? If this virus isn't under control or there's no vaccine or cure, I don't think I will want to be in a stadium with thousands of people. We can't distance and wearing a mask with all of us screaming and singing, won't help at all.

I will wait and see. Hope I can get a refund if these concerts are cancelled.