New Richard interview for the Virtual Guitar Show

This has been known since Slash's interview last June. Slash said that he had been jamming with Duff and Axl, but didn't mention anyone else:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5009-2020-06-27-sweetwater-gearfest-2020-online-interview-with-slash

From that it could be easily concluded that whatever (if any) activity has been going on so far has been around Axl, Slash and Duff and no one else has been involved.

There was another Richard interview last month

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5036-2020-08-07-st-louis-post-dispatch-st-louisan-richard-fortus-calls-producing-new-psychedelic-furs-album-a-labor-of-love

where he implied that he'd been busy with other projects all this time.

• Like 3

I actually like Richard talking about guitars and whatnot. I'm the target audience in this case. :)

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This has been known since Slash's interview last June. Slash said that he had been jamming with Duff and Axl, but didn't mention anyone else:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5009-2020-06-27-sweetwater-gearfest-2020-online-interview-with-slash

From that it could be easily concluded that whatever (if any) activity has been going on so far has been around Axl, Slash and Duff and no one else has been involved.

There was another Richard interview last month

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5036-2020-08-07-st-louis-post-dispatch-st-louisan-richard-fortus-calls-producing-new-psychedelic-furs-album-a-labor-of-love

where he implied that he'd been busy with other projects all this time.

So let's exercise our imagination:

If (big if) Axl, Slash and Duff were working with actual new songs, it wouldn't include Richard's input at all. Not even to record just basic rhythm guitar layers. 

OR

It would mean that Axl, Slash and Duff were actually working on previously written songs, either from CD era or from 2015-2019 and Richard already recorded what was needed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I actually like Richard talking about guitars and whatnot. I'm the target audience in this case. :)

If (big if) Axl, Slash and Duff were working with actual new songs, it wouldn't include Richard's input at all. Not even to record just basic rhythm guitar layers. 

OR

It would mean that Axl, Slash and Duff were actually working on previously written songs, either from CD era or from 2015-2019 and Richard already recorded what was needed.

Or they're still working on song ideas and they'll have Richard come record later. Which means that they don't really have anything concrete yet as far as recordings go, just demos.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nico-ferro said:

Q: Have you guys managed to get togheter?

Fortus: Got togheters as a band?

Q: Yeah

Fortus: Not really, we are sort of spread out. Duff is in Seattle and everyone else in L.A

Q: Yeah. Thats pretty spread out... <changes subject>

HAHAHA WTF ?

So duff needs to get to LA... I mean, the man could drive if he's worried about flying and the lucky guy has two great friends who have mansions that he can stay with if he's afraid if staying in hotels... I can't see the issue with that, bit I can see why they haven't bothered... too ficking lazy! Can't for another Richard interview about how creative and fluid the band is now, mixed with more fucking gear talk! I love gear but at some point you have to have something else to talk about... even on a gear podcast😄

45 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

So duff needs to get to LA... I mean, the man could drive if he's worried about flying and the lucky guy has two great friends who have mansions that he can stay with if he's afraid if staying in hotels... I can't see the issue with that, bit I can see why they haven't bothered... too ficking lazy! Can't for another Richard interview about how creative and fluid the band is now, mixed with more fucking gear talk! I love gear but at some point you have to have something else to talk about... even on a gear podcast😄

iirc Duff and family also have a home in LA?

44 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Hey, they don't do that. ;)

"That's a question for management" as Frank would say! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, soon said:

iirc Duff and family also have a home in LA?

"That's a question for management" as Frank would say! lol

I'm sure they do... they could also rent a home and pay for it to be clean clear of covid... basically, it is a bit of effort but when you have the money they have they can make it work.

Obviously they also have to have techs and engineers too so it's not as basic as the members of the band meeting.

They could do like Metallica and make home studios to get the creative ball rolling... Axl has a home studio. But I don't think it's on the cards. End if the day, you have to want to do something in order for you to put the effort in. They just live having g more excuses. "Corona virus delayed the album" what about the years before Corona? "Er.... we were touring".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

OR

Or, since Slash talked about jams and demos, in the hypothetical scenario that they've written a couple of new tracks, Richard and the rest will be called only if/when the band enters a professional studio to record.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

They could do like Metallica and make home studios to get the creative ball rolling... Axl has a home studio.

They all have home studios (I think Slash's is not in his home, but he has his own studio) - even Fortus has one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Or, since Slash talked about jams and demos, in the hypothetical scenario that they've written a couple of new tracks, Richard and the rest will be called only if/when the band enters a professional studio to record.

They all have home studios (I think Slash's is not in his home, but he has his own studio) - even Fortus has one.

Only one I wouldn't be sure of is Frank, but it's so easy these days to home record that even if he had nothing, $1000 later you have a capable set up for at the very least demos.

• Like 1