How many GnR gigs have you been too...

DurhamGirl

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

VR were excellent live. I saw them 4 times, twice in a theatre that held 1,500 which was cool. I really liked Libertad also. 

I bet, I really like how Scott sounds. He can capture really classic sounds too with his voice, as well as modern rock. A show of that size would be an amazing experience. 

I really, really feel Libertad would have been far greater with Messages included. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I bet, I really like how Scott sounds. He can capture really classic sounds too with his voice, as well as modern rock. A show of that size would be an amazing experience. 

I really, really feel Libertad would have been far greater with Messages included. 

This will sound strange, but 1 of the VR gigs I caught was at Donnington in 2005, they were on just before Sabbath and the crowd was over 100,000. Weiland shined more there than the club gig. He was on fire that day for sure. The 2 theatre gigs were on the last leg of the Libertad tour, I think they broke up about a week later. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

This will sound strange, but 1 of the VR gigs I caught was at Donnington in 2005, they were on just before Sabbath and the crowd was over 100,000. Weiland shined more there than the club gig. He was on fire that day for sure. The 2 theatre gigs were on the last leg of the Libertad tour, I think they broke up about a week later. 

Damn, that sounds awesome. His performance probably fed off of the large crowd. What an experience!

9 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

VR were excellent live. I saw them 4 times, twice in a theatre that held 1,500 which was cool. I really liked Libertad also. 

14 times!! 

I always feel like a freak having seen some bands 10-12 times. Great to see there’s other gig freaks out there!

I have seen quite a few bands double figures. VR were really special at the time. You can't argue with 2 albums in 3 years and multiple tours. Scott will always be one of my favourite frontmen

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:44 AM, Sweersa said:

Good shout. Messages and Gas and a $ Laugh were 2 of their best tunes. A shame they didn't make Libertad

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:53 AM, Powderfinger said:

I was there too. Crazy crowd at Download. 

I caught 2 shows on their last tour at Newcastle and Birmingham in 2008 before the breakup. Their last show was actually 1 April.

Great VR thread this 👍 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WildStar said:

I was there too. Crazy crowd at Download. 

I caught 2 shows on their last tour at Newcastle and Birmingham in 2008 before the breakup. Their last show was actually 1 April.

Great VR thread this 👍 

I was well up the front at Donnington, I got my place early in the day during Anthrax, water bottles in each pocket and bars of chocolate. Trying to roll a joint in that crowd was a fucking disaster! By the time Sabbath came on there was people passing out around me, one girls head just flopped on my shoulder and a few of us managed to get her up and passed out to the security. I thought I was going to puke by the time Sabbath were over...  That was the last time I saw Sabbath with Bill Ward. (Sabbath are one of those bands Ive seen in double digits) 

That Download festival had one of the best lineups of any festival Ive gone to.  

It was the 2 Dublin gigs I caught on the last tour, Despite the tensions that later came out they were great. I’m not sure Slash or Duff were entirely sober at this point... 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

AXL

Continental Airlines Arena 2006

MSG 2006

IZOD 2011

Terminal 5 2012

Roseland 2012

Webster 2012

Brooklyn bowl 2013

Governors Ball 2013

GUNS

Vegas #1 #2 2016

Philly 2016

Metlife #1 #2 2016

Boston #1 2016

Hershey 2017

MSG #1 #2 #3 2017

Prudential 2017

Hershey 2021

Metlife 2021

Atlantic city #1 #2 2021

Also saw VR  like 10 times.  Slash w Myles  around 18.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OhMyGod1986 said:

Rock am Ring 2006

Dublin, Download Festival 2006

Mönchengladbach, Hockenheimring 2012

Hannover & Prag 2017

Leipzig & Berlin 2018

Hannover 2022

I was at that Dublin 2006 gig, I managed to snag the red cup Axl drank out of just before Nov Rain. It sat on the piano and a kind security lady got it for me after the gig…. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, Rasca311 said:

1991 Dallas

1993 Frankfurt/Germany

Have tickets to Munich 2021 

Nice. How was it?

On 10/6/2020 at 10:44 PM, Amaya said:

2  or 3 i times n my life.

1980s , a long time ago. Decades ago.  Louisiana.  1 or 2 concerts . I can remember .  I am not sure if I saw GnR  2 times because I saw Motley Crue and GnR may have the been opening band for that tour.  I know I saw GnR once for sure. Hey, it was free for me so that  is why I cannot remember.  Long story short, I worked at my university arena and got to see some free shows.

2nd or 3 rd show, NITL tour last year, Austin. 

And that is enough for me in my lifetime.

I loved your comment. Lucky you got to see them at the very start of it all.  @Amaya u witnessed history :blink:

Anyone here that attended RIP Magazine party 90?  with Guns , Skid Row and Metallica ?

Edited by wendirosez
smiley insert

• 6 months later...

13 including one Slash & Miles K show…

Newcastle City Hall Oct 4 1987 ( met the band afterwards & chatted and got autographs ) 

Castle Donington Aug 20 1988

London Wembley Stadium Aug 31 1991 

Gateshead Stadium June 16 1992

Milton Keynes May 29 & 30 1993

Singapore Feb 25 2017

Hong Kong Nov 20 & 21 2018

Malaysia Nov 14 2018

Singapore Jan 8 2019 (Slash)

Bangkok Nov 9 2022

Singapore Nov 12 2022

Edited by jkrfhz

GNR at least 3 times I can remember (Ahoy Rotterdam, Gelredome Arnhem, and once in Goffertpark Nijmegen). Too lazy to check the dates, but NuGuns twice (once with Bumblefoot, and one time with Ashba) and once with Duff and Slash.

And I went to Velvet Revolver at the Heineken Music Hall once. And have seen Duff with Walking Papers.

All of this in The Netherlands, where I live.

So I have seen Axl 3 times, Duff 3 times, Fortus 3 times and Slash twice. Never saw Izzy live unfortunately.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

Guns two times. In 2010 and 2017.

Duff's Loaded once in 2009.

Had a ticket for a Velvet Revolver show in 2004, but I broke my foot and couldn't go. Still kicking myself over that sometimes. Especially, because I broke it, because I was drunk. So dumb.

• Like 1

I just hit my 10th-

Copied from my signature,

Jan 25, 2010- London, ON | Dec 1, 2011- Auburn Hills, MI | Feb 21, 2012- Detroit, MI | April 8, 2016- Las Vegas, NV | June 23, 2016- Detroit, MI | July 3, 2016- Chicago, IL | Nov 2, 2017- Detroit, MI | Aug 8, 2021- Detroit, MI | Aug 21, 2023- Boston, MA | Nov 2, 2023- Los Angeles, CA

Edited by ZoSoRose