New Guns N' Roses Pinball revealed

15 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i saw the post about slash doibg a GNR pin in 2013 he woukd have needed duff and axls people to sign off on this. As a guess if slash and axl hadnt had a cordial relationship axl would have straight up said no. But im wondering if there was some sort of ice breaking arpund that time.

If slash and axl still hadnt had a personal relationship, and slash most likely would have been rejected from licencing the GNR name for the pinball i doubt slash would have pursued this.......

I believe they were done trying to sabotage each other’s projects by that point. Duff had shared the stage and the ice had been broken. Would it have happened/broached in 2013? Maybe not for timing reasons, but I think they were able to think about the brand and what they could work together on if not a possible reunion down the line

16 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i saw the post about slash doibg a GNR pin in 2013 he woukd have needed duff and axls people to sign off on this. As a guess if slash and axl hadnt had a cordial relationship axl would have straight up said no. But im wondering if there was some sort of ice breaking arpund that time.

If slash and axl still hadnt had a personal relationship, and slash most likely would have been rejected from licencing the GNR name for the pinball i doubt slash would have pursued this.......

I agree. Well said. And good foresight, back in 2013!

I mean I pretty much take this timeline to mean that relations were at least in the process of improving earlier than we may have thought (as a fan base, in general)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

That's just a wall of noise. How annoying.

You have to qualify a song and then select what you want to play an actual song. Until that point it is more of a "wall of noise".

It's early in the game's code though. Games get updated and tweaked code wise for years most of the time. 

JJP hired a guy to sink the audio with the video they were sent. 

• Thanks 1

Slash was in Elk Grove (suburb of Chicago) talking about Eddie Van Halen and the pinball machines (which are manufactured here locally).

These machines look dope AF. Really hoping some of them end up in the bar arcades around town. Also, I want Slash's "fuck" mask. Where can I cop?

I get there is some cool nostalgia specific to Guns with a pinball machine, but seriously? What's the demand for this product? Pinball machines were a lot closer to relevant 30 years ago when this was a thing. 

I feel like they're now to the point of 'What can we put out that is literally the exact opposite of what a normal, productive band would do in 2020?'. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, adamwolff11 said:

I get there is some cool nostalgia specific to Guns with a pinball machine, but seriously? What's the demand for this product? Pinball machines were a lot closer to relevant 30 years ago when this was a thing. 

I feel like they're now to the point of 'What can we put out that is literally the exact opposite of what a normal, productive band would do in 2020?'. 

This machine happened because Slash loves pinball...that's it. He's friends with the owners of JJP (the company that made the game) He has owned games forever. He helped design their last pinball machine that came out. This is a passion project for him. 

This is likely something that no one else in the GnR world really care about from a money or marketing standpoint or really any kind of business angle. 

Pinball is a small hobby in the grand scheme of things, but it has it's own passionate community that is growing. It almost died out in the late 90's and early 2000's, but it's seen a resurgence the last 10 years. There are 3 different companies in Chicago making games. 1 in Wisconsin, 1 in Texas, and 1 in the Netherlands. Barcades have been springing up in a lot of places with lots of pins to play. There are tournaments and leagues and shows and a lot of stuff typical of hobby like this. 

From a mass market standpoint, you're right, pinball isn't that relevant or in demand. In the pinball world, this game is in big demand from the home collector and the bar owner or other operator. 

The collectors editions sold out in a matter of hours and JJP will be working around the clock to make the standards and limited editions.  Chances are, there will some near you at bars or other public locations that you could check out. 

Again, this happened because Slash loves pinball and made a game for other people that love pinball.

Edited by Rockytop
  • Like 1

Sorry if this was posted.. Slash being interviwed today in the pinball machine warehouse... I skipped through it but at one point he said that Covid has been a really creative period and he has done a lot of writing and recording.. He didn't say for who... I really don't care at this point..

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sorry if this was posted.. Slash being interviwed today in the pinball machine warehouse... I skipped through it but at one point he said that Covid has been a really creative period and he has done a lot of writing and recording.. He didn't say for who... I really don't care at this point..

Apart from SMKC and whatever he might've been doing for GnR there's other little things here and there that he's been working on, like those video clips that Meegan posted. Personally if I had to guess I think there will be quite a bit of SMKC material that comes out of this, and whatever he does for GnR is limited by whatever Axl wants to do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

He does mention that it’s writing and recording for both GN’R and Conspirators, and some other projects. Slash sounds pretty positive about using the downtime to his advantage 

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Apart from SMKC and whatever he might've been doing for GnR there's other little things here and there that he's been working on, like those video clips that Meegan posted. Personally if I had to guess I think there will be quite a bit of SMKC material that comes out of this, and whatever he does for GnR is limited by whatever Axl wants to do.

I reckon a new SMKC album will get announced by the end of the year.