New Guns N' Roses Pinball revealed

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

What can I say? GNR really don't know their fans. Like how many of us can afford this? 

This just seems like a big 'fuck you' to the regular fans

Not how it works.  The company approaches the band and asks if they can design a pinball machine using them.  The band didn't ask them to design one.  Not even sure GNR gets royalties from the sale of individual machines.  Price is not out of line with other brand new, just on the market machines.

The only fuck you is when Slash kicks your ass on the game.  :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I love how the best they could do was a Slash instrumental for the pinball machine.  It's not a good sign of the current state of the band. 

Depends I guess - if they have only say 12 songs then maybe they don’t want to release one of them on a medium like this? Who knows.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

Not how it works.  The company approaches the band and asks if they can design a pinball machine using them.  The band didn't ask them to design one.  Not even sure GNR gets royalties from the sale of individual machines.  Price is not out of line with other brand new, just on the market machines.

The only fuck you is when Slash kicks your ass on the game.  :lol:

Still they were given 18 shows in HD. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

I don’t remember the earlier GNR pinball being so hated. And that’s when Axl was going on hours late and causing riots.

Im happy for the pinball enthusiasts who will head down to their local pinball bars and enjoy this!

That's because on the other machine Axl was standing with his legs apart and you could slam him in the balls. :lol:  This one you get the hat trick.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

Pinball collectors are Like classic car collectors. Also they dont really care about the theme of the machine, but the collectability of it. When they buy these machines they they play them for about a half a year and then trade them or sell them off for another machine. As you can tell by the prices also pinball machines are aimed for a certain type of people.

And by the way the collector's edition is sold out on this machine. 

Stock Availability: Reserve Now! 

That's what it says for the collectors edition on the website.

It's a spontaneous reaction to point at Fernando (a result of fan PTSD :lol:) about everything, but apparently this isn't his idea.

Slash had mentioned he had started working on this two years ago:

“I’m working on a Guns N’ Roses pinball machine, but I’m not a big collector. They take up too much space and the missus is always, like . . . ‘Really?’ ”

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3100-2018-08-10-the-times-the-guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-30-years-of-hell-raising-slash

And then it was announced in 2019:

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's a spontaneous reaction to point at Fernando (a result of fan PTSD :lol:) about everything, but apparently this isn't his idea.

Slash had mentioned he had started working on this two years ago:

“I’m working on a Guns N’ Roses pinball machine, but I’m not a big collector. They take up too much space and the missus is always, like . . . ‘Really?’ ”

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3100-2018-08-10-the-times-the-guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-30-years-of-hell-raising-slash

And then it was announced in 2019:

The fact that they could implement 18 shows proves that fucknando or someone else at least had to provide them with those

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Do people buy these for their homes or do they end up in arcades, bars etc...

I guess it must be a mostly US thing because I don't think I've ever met anyone who owned a pinball machine. Might be because most of us have tiny houses over here.

I presume they're very expensive?

I have the original GnR one in my garage, but no way am I paying for any of these new ones.

• Like 1