New Guns N' Roses Pinball revealed

When most of us cannot afford one, most have been waiting for new music it seems raterher insensitive to advertise something like this, especially now I must say when jobs are being lost left right and centre.  I have no argument that it a high spec and quite fabulous product.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

When most of us cannot afford one, most have been waiting for new music it seems raterher insensitive to advertise something like this, especially now I must say when jobs are being lost left right and centre.  I have no argument that it a high spec and quite fabulous product.

especially with Fernondont's "with everything going on in the world right now" nonsense at the same time :D

5 hours ago, Spuffy78 said:

Only this band would release a pinball machine when people can't work or afford rent. :lol:

Only fans (allegedly) like this would find some angle to bitch, whine, and complain about. Par for the effing course.

Funny how the collector’s edition has already sold out since, well, people can’t work or afford rent. Baffling.

Bunch of snowflakes around these parts. Nothing better to do than mock and complain. About anything and everything.

I mean, since the band doesn’t obey your commands of new music and seemingly doesn’t do a damn thing you like — wtf are people like you doing on a site dedicated to the band? Why do you waste your time here?

Don’t answer the rhetorical questions. I already know the answers. 

I’m just here to beat a dead horse just the same as you.
You guys get to incessantly complain about new music and everything the band does and doesn’t do and I get to complain incessantly about your incessant complaining. 

And the world continues to spin round and round.

12 hours ago, soon said:

To bring another angle to the discussion, I’ll share that as a consumer I’m actually baffled that there isn’t any “People, Planet, Profit” or “Socailly Responsible” aspect being advertised.

Just like how most of us agreed on about the Covid t-shirt. :headbang:

As a consumer i find this to be yet another aspect of Guns being completely out of touch with us.

I can’t think of the last time I happily made a considerable purchase that didn’t have those elements in play.

For this Id expect to see,

- made from a sustainable wood

- conflict free minerals

- 1% of proceeds goes to a charity that promotes girls participation in STEM (science, tech, engineering, math)

- Energy Star certified for efficient power consumption

- that the NITL game about ‘getting the band on stage’ would have some proceeds going to the unemployed roadies who litterally get the band on stage

Unbelievable.

You people cannot be for real.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Creed said:

Who needs new music, if we can get a pinball machine for 12000$?

GNR, GNR!

Didn’t get what you wanted or thought you were entitled to, huh? There are greater tragedies in life.

How about writing a letter to the band explaining to them how they should be at your beck and call and do your bidding? 

What a bunch of entitled millennials.

I’m definitely not buying one but enjoyed seeing it. It’s the most care and attention that’s been put into something with that name on in quite a while.

With it being Slash’s idea, though, it’s weird to have three CD tracks there, and it being dedicated to the current line up only makes the whole state of this band more ridiculous when the original studio tracks are playing over NITL footage.

This will not age well when this line up is no more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

I have the original one in my living room, and just ordered the new LE to go next to it. :)

I own an original too. It’s awesome!

I’d love the Collector’s Edition, but apparently the 500 of them already sold. Bummer.

Regarding pricing, those that are complaining just have no clue. The prices are inline with most newer pinball releases, specifically those from Jersey Jack. Hell, an original 1994 DE machine in good condition routinely sells for between 6-8K.

In the video, they point out that the SE version price of $6750 is lower than was initially expected. And that is a pretty nice price point considering how much these machines typically go for brand new and on the secondary market.

I’m not gonna do this, but I could literally sell my 26 year old machine — which is in top notch condition — and buy the SE version without having to spend an additional dime.

Edited by thunderram

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Kiss have released two studio albums, three live albums and three compilations since CD came out. 

GNR fans would kill for that level of output! 

You poor deprived baby. Maybe you should consider devoting all your time to following KISS? But something tells me you’d then complain about KISS’ level of output compared to some other band.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wonder if any of you entitled fans will ever get it through your head that these guys don’t have to do what you would like them to do. They’re not puppets and you’re not their puppet master.

Quentin Tarantino has said many times he’s gonna stop making movies after his 10th. Does he not have the right to do that? And live off the career he’s already created?? Or is he some kind of indentured servant to his loyal fans for the rest of his life?

Spoiled, entitled millennials.

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

You poor deprived baby. Maybe you should consider devoting all your time to following KISS? But something tells me you’d then complain about KISS’ level of output compared to some other band.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wonder if any of you entitled fans will ever get it through your head that these guys don’t have to do what you would like them to do. They’re not puppets and you’re not their puppet master.

Quentin Tarantino has said many times he’s gonna stop making movies after his 10th. Does he not have the right to do that? And live off the career he’s already created?? Or is he some kind of indentured servant to his loyal fans for the rest of his life?

Oh what naughty fans we all are, daring to hope that our favourite band might occasionally release an album or two. 

Hardly 'spoiled' with new content are we?

Hey, it's cool that you're happy with a band that never release any new material though. Must be a thrilling ride for you. 

I always enjoy the 'entitled millenials' insult. Yet to work out what it actually means though of course. If it means 'want new material from a fully functioning and touring band', then, yep, you've got us. 

Back to the fury hole for you I think. Careful though. Too much raging at the GNR fan base and you'll give yourself an aneurysm. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

They don’t have to do what we want them to do? No kidding. That’s not like, an unknown fact. People are just stating what they want and wish would happen, which is a totally fine thing to do. All of this stuff about “they don’t have to” and “puppet master” and “indentured servant” and somehow “Quentin Tarantino” are not relevant to people stating what they wish would happen. Comparing a band’s release frequency to another band’s release frequency is completely reasonable.

• Like 2

If I had a spare $10K lying around I'd buy the Limited Edition one with the litho art, looks well put together. Pinball machines have come a long way, weird to see they have HD screens and clear audio these days.

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Chill Fernando :hug:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Is it possible to hack the pinball machine to save all concert videos?

Even if so, they would only be clips from the 18 or whatever 3 hour HD shows. 

In order to obtain the 18 3 hour HD shows, someone would have to get them for an employee from the company that made the pinball machines.