New Guns N' Roses Pinball revealed

I've got the CE version coming.  I'm a big pinball guy and have been in the hobby for a long time. 

The game looks pretty amazing.

Here's a link to the breakdown of what comes with the CE. 

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Collectors-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

Edited by Rockytop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

You poor deprived baby. Maybe you should consider devoting all your time to following KISS? But something tells me you’d then complain about KISS’ level of output compared to some other band.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I wonder if any of you entitled fans will ever get it through your head that these guys don’t have to do what you would like them to do. They’re not puppets and you’re not their puppet master.

Quentin Tarantino has said many times he’s gonna stop making movies after his 10th. Does he not have the right to do that? And live off the career he’s already created?? Or is he some kind of indentured servant to his loyal fans for the rest of his life?

Spoiled, entitled millennials.

Of course they have that right. But why string fans along? Billy Joel is very open about not wanting to record any more new music. It's the bullshit the fans are tired of. Everyone from the bands manager to Richard fucking Fortus dangling carrots year in, year out, making out that new music is just around the corner, when it never is. Just come out and say you have no intention to release anything anytime soon and fans will deal with it.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

The abuse and demands for a new album from literally every comment on insta and then across facebook and twitter has been refreshing. I wonder if GnR can see that there is demand, and now is a good time to release and maybe they can find a way...?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rockytop said:

Slash is a huge pinball fan. He owns games, and has games set up backstage on occasion. He contacted JJP around 2013 about doing a new GNR pin. He made this happen and worked a ton on it and got the rest of band involved. I imagine this is a passion project for him. Pinball is a pretty small hobby (it has been growing lately though).  I don't think this was some kind of money grab...it wouldn't be worth his time for that. The numbers are just too small I think. 

Interesting that Slash began working on this before the reunion. And it turned out being a NITL theme!

I wonder if working on this, interacting with Axls people, helped or played a factor in the reunion?

• Like 1

Just now, soon said:

Interesting that Slash began working on this before the reunion. And it turned out being a NITL theme!

I wonder if working on this, interacting with Axls people, helped or played a factor in the reunion?

Maybe Axl and Slash secretly made peace with one another in 2013, with plans to eventually reunite a few years down the road? Would explain why Axl seemed to be on “autopilot” in the 2013-2014 timeframe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe Axl and Slash secretly made peace with one another in 2013, with plans to eventually reunite a few years down the road? Would explain why Axl seemed to be on “autopilot” in the 2013-2014 timeframe.

Neat take. Could be! When was the Duff 'chance hotel booking' ?

In the vid the game designer says that 'Slash reached out and got the other guys in the band involved and excited.' Sure sounds like some sort of good terms were already established by whatever point the pinball project got up and running.

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Neat take. Could be! When was the Duff 'chance hotel booking' ?

In the vid the game designer says that 'Slash reached out and got the other guys in the band involved and excited.' Sure sounds like some sort of good terms were already established by whatever point the pinball project got up and running.

The Duff thing was in 2010, and then it was very beginning of 2014 (like January) when it was announced that Duff would fill  in for Tommy on the South America tour that year.

BTW, not sure if this has already been discussed here, but on reddit someone told fernando “we want those 18 full shows you sent to the pinball company” and he responded with “yeah, I’m sure you do.” Lol what a cocktease!

in all seriousness, my guess is that the pinball team was only sent video, and not audio. Perhaps none of the audio has ever been mixed, and that’s why the selects always take so long. Also, I get why the band may be hesitant to release a full show to the public. All of the NITL shows were pretty much the same, so they really only have one shot to “get it right,” when it comes to releasing a Blu-ray or live album. Hopefully it still happens this year tho, so that next year can be focused solely on the UYI anniversary (I’ve already given up on the prospect of a new album).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, thunderram said:

Only fans (allegedly) like this would find some angle to bitch, whine, and complain about. Par for the effing course.

Funny how the collector’s edition has already sold out since, well, people can’t work or afford rent. Baffling.

Bunch of snowflakes around these parts. Nothing better to do than mock and complain. About anything and everything.

I mean, since the band doesn’t obey your commands of new music and seemingly doesn’t do a damn thing you like — wtf are people like you doing on a site dedicated to the band? Why do you waste your time here?

Don’t answer the rhetorical questions. I already know the answers. 

I’m just here to beat a dead horse just the same as you.
You guys get to incessantly complain about new music and everything the band does and doesn’t do and I get to complain incessantly about your incessant complaining. 

And the world continues to spin round and round.

Unbelievable.

You people cannot be for real.

I do understand where you are coming from and maybe their are some folk who just like to complain, not so here.  I f this cost £8000 less I would have no problem, I would have one on the way to me now.  I should be happy for the folk who can afford them maybe?

1 hour ago, Rockytop said:

I thought I would give some background on the game for those that don't know. 

Slash is a huge pinball fan. He owns games, and has games set up backstage on occasion. He contacted JJP around 2013 about doing a new GNR pin. He made this happen and worked a ton on it and got the rest of band involved. I imagine this is a passion project for him. Pinball is a pretty small hobby (it has been growing lately though).  I don't think this was some kind of money grab...it wouldn't be worth his time for that. The numbers are just too small I think. 

In my opinion, Slash loves pinball and wanted a modern Guns pin that he could help design. 

Lots of bands have recent pins...ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Kiss, Rolling Stones, Beatles...Led Zeppelin is coming out later this year by Stern pinball. 

Pinball machines have historically been designed to be in public and played on location. There have been a lot of barcades opening in the last 10 years, and pinball has seen a resurgence of location play. In the last 15-20 years a big home market has developed as well. 

About half the games that get manufactured  go to Europe or Australia. I would say about 75% of the US market are home buyers. Pinball machines are designed, coded, manufactured, and marketed primarily to the pinball community.  Most people don't realize pinball machines are still being made, and would never buy one. It's an expensive hobby, but games tend to hold their value or go up in the long run, so as far as hobbies go it's not that bad. 

They do have different versions of the game at different price points, but pinball at it's heart, in my opinion, is still about having a beer with friends (when that kind of thing happens again I guess) and playing on location. 

Interesting.  I am used to playing pinball in the pub, having one at home would be like pub bar in my house:)

• GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

BTW, not sure if this has already been discussed here, but on reddit someone told fernando “we want those 18 full shows you sent to the pinball company” and he responded with “yeah, I’m sure you do.” Lol what a cocktease!

I hadnt heard this. What a goon! :lol:

I bet he owns a custom coffee mug that says "Fan Tears" on it

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

in all seriousness, my guess is that the pinball team was only sent video, and not audio. Perhaps none of the audio has ever been mixed, and that’s why the selects always take so long. Also, I get why the band may be hesitant to release a full show to the public. All of the NITL shows were pretty much the same, so they really only have one shot to “get it right,” when it comes to releasing a Blu-ray or live album. Hopefully it still happens this year tho, so that next year can be focused solely on the UYI anniversary (I’ve already given up on the prospect of a new album).

Could be about only sending video. True about Selects... hmmm. And those seem like Fernando is mixing them! lol

Im the same about a new album. If they release a live album with a poor mix, we will burn the place down!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, soon said:

I'm not sure as far as all the details and timelines go, but I know Slash first reached out in 2013.

Most of the heavy lifting with the game would have been done in the last couple of years I would imagine due to JJP's manufacturing schedule and the fact that Eric Meunier was primarily working on another game up through most of 2017. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

What’s bonkers to me (or I guess, not really), is that the band sent this company 18 FULL SHOWS from NITL to pick from. Meanwhile, here we are begging for just one song. 

All we know as Guns N’ Roses fans is pain. 

I'd love to hear the full 2016 Detroit show. My dad and I were there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

What’s bonkers to me (or I guess, not really), is that the band sent this company 18 FULL SHOWS from NITL to pick from. Meanwhile, here we are begging for just one song. 

All we know as Guns N’ Roses fans is pain. 

Someone else pointed this out in the thread, but I think what JJP was sent was probably video only, or was told only to use video. The pinball uses the studio masters for the music. 

JJP got all the assets because Slash is passionate about pinball and wanted to help make the best game possible. Slash, Duff, and Melissa also did callouts for the pin. Callouts in a pinball machine are all the audio cues telling you what to do or what you just did...like shouting jackpot. 

I get why fans are upset about no new music or live concert releases, but this is a niche product in a tiny market and Slash made it all happen. I'm guessing larger, more traditional type of GnR releases are a much more laborious and debated process. 

The machine is out.

Gilby Clarke hasnt sued them over this one.

Theres no unfinished UYI demos on it, such as Aint Going Down.

So, all told we should be proud of Guns for managing to pull this off without the band folding! lol

Might bode well, really, that they can sensibly see through other projects too, without fucking it all up like was almost inevitable once upon a time!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd love to hear the full 2016 Detroit show. My dad and I were there.

I am obviously biased, but that is my most wanted concert proshot, ever. That was the single greatest concert I have ever been to in my life, and I have been to some amazing shows (including other GNR shows). 

Vegas night 1 2016 was absolutely awesome, but Axl was in his throne and I was far back. That show is probably one of the most "special" gig experiences I have ever had, but Detroit was like the main event to Vegas' warm up. I was front and center, the band was killer, and Axl sounded and even looked decent with a lot of movement. It would make a killer proshot. Hell, I'd even just take a proshot of Nightrain from it

• Like 4

These are  pretty pinball machines. Really nice. Big. Colorful. Bright. Total arcade , authentic looking.

I see no  reference to Steve, Matt, Gilby, and what was the other guy, some  other guy...what's his name....not important. He did nothing, brought nothing to GnR. Nah, nothing. No one. Lol.

I agree with some  of  you , ok. A pinball machine.  Definitely the thing for someone to buy with a lot of space at  one of their homes  like a game room and  a theater and a family room and a kids den and  a formal living room  and lots of money collecting dust. 

Whatever. No. This is not for average  fan.

I AM NOT KNOCKING anyone who can afford it. I see some of ya’ll posts are pro and con.

If GnR , their right, wants to go that way marketing, then go that way.

If there is a market for it, limited editions, of high end things, ok. 
Go for it then.

Ultra cool, nice. Custom Harley Davidsons GnR logo’ed out. This bands only , really 3 cds, are just iconic in pop culture, rick on their own. Add, the  characters, figures on stage of Axl ( 1980s to about 1997) and Slash plus Duff too. 

Less expensive, but still higher end, pictures like a wrap-around  for trucks and cars.

Edited by Amaya