Spiderman 3 MCU

Dazey

So Jamie Foxx has apparently signed on to reprise his bad guy role from Amazing Spiderman 2 in the new MCU Spiderman. Rumour has it that it will be a live action Spiderverse with all three of the recent actors.

Obviously nothing is confirmed but this looks like it could be fun.

spider-verse.jpg 

Edited by Dazey
  • Thanks 1

Other than Spiderman 2, there hasn't been a single film in the Spider Man franchise that I enjoyed.  I think my enthusiasm for anymore Spider Man is at an all time low.  I did enjoy the character in the Marvel movies, but that might have had something to do with him playing a smaller part.  

Dr. Strange confirmed for this movie now too (and Sam Rami just so happens to be directing his sequel, which just so happens to be called Multiverse of Madness).

So it’s like 99% confirmed that McGuire and Garfield are back.

...I still pass on this. Between this and Keaton in the upcoming Flash solo film, I just have a fuckin headache. I don’t need multiverse crossovers in my Marvel or DC.

Endgame was a good stopping point for me.

31 minutes ago, AxlsMainMan said:

Probably because Doc Oc is easily the best Spiderman villain.

For me it was more about the tone and the meta-nature of the film.  It was the first superhero film that seemed aware of itself, as if it was self-conscious of not only itself but the superhero genre itself. 

I also appreciated how the film incorporated the city and citizens of New York as a character.  It explored the relationship between the hero and those he protected. 

Plus Doc Oc was significantly better than the Green Goblin from the first film.  

• Like 1

A rep from Sony was asked about this today and they responded with “those rumors are unconfirmed.”

NOTE: They could’ve simply just said “those rumors are not true,” but they specifically chose to use a neutral word like “unconfirmed.”

I think it’s pretty safe to say that this is happening now... but I still feel kinda pessimistic about it’ll turn out lol.

Edited by rocknroll41

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alfred Molina confirmed to be back as Doc Ock. Hollywood Reporter reached out to Sony to ask if this means Toby and Andrew are back too. Sony said “no comment.”

Zendaya was asked if it was true that Toby and Andrew were back and she said “I can neither deny nor confirm.”

Jamie Foxx tweeted that he was excited to work with three spidermen, and then deleted the tweet soon after.

Sony’s Latin America YouTube channel posted a short compilation video of all three spidermen with some text at the end that said something like “Who would you choose?... Well, now you don’t have to!” And then deleted the video shortly after.

...This is the worst kept secret since the GnR reunion! Lol

On 12/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, Amir said:

This and The Batman are the only upcoming superhero/comic book movies I'm looking forward to. I loved the Raimi films, looking forward to multiverse shenanigans.

Matt Reeves seems to know what he is doing but the mulitverse thing with Spider-Man  makes me nervous. It has worked before in animation but this could go either way. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, Amir said:

This and The Batman are the only upcoming superhero/comic book movies I'm looking forward to. I loved the Raimi films, looking forward to multiverse shenanigans.

New trailer out Saturday! 

Edited by Georgy Zhukov
  • Like 1