Spiderman 3 MCU

Dazey

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m starting to think this movie is gonna be very controversial. I’ve been reading the leaks, and the movie does some heavy stuff. Perhaps too heavy…

If the leaks I’ve read are all true this is going to be amazing. Can’t wait for Wednesday. 

Saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. 

13 hours ago, Dazey said:

Just got back from the movies. LOVED it! UK audiences are usually pretty reserved but this is the first time I've known them to cheer like Americans. That really doesn't happen over here normally. :lol: 

I've always found it strange that Americans scream over the film they're trying to watch when something they like happens. Guess it's a community thing but you're right it doesn't really happen over here. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. 

I've always found it strange that Americans scream over the film they're trying to watch when something they like happens. Guess it's a community thing but you're right it doesn't really happen over here. 

Did you get any cheers at your showing? I was really quite taken aback by it all. 😂

I seen it this afternoon.

There definitely were audiences reactions to

Spoiler

Andrew Garfield showing up and Tobey Maquire. I was surprised some still didn't know they were in the film. I kind would have prefered in retrospect that I didn't have the movie spoiled for me beforehand either.

Speaking of which:

Spoiler

Andrew Garfield seemed really invested in this, like he had a point to prove. He's given slightly more scenes than Maquire and it feels like he's litterally jumping in from a world where he's in Amazing Spider-Man 3. Maquire was just Maquire. The original Spider-Man films were the better series, but Maquire felt he was just playing Maquire and there's wasn't alot of range to his character. Maquire's just Peter Parker from those films and he's moved on, where as Garfield felt he was still that character?

As for the film itself, it was good. Not one of the greatest films ever made, but definitely very enjoyable and worth seeing.

-edit-

On the topic of audiences cheering, it tends not to happen here. Though I remember applause at the end of Inception weirdly enough. It really stood out.

Also I'm not sitting through anymore post credit in marvel films. I've only done it a few times, but it's annoying.

Edited by AtariLegend
Other points
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed this! 

Spoiler

Was slightly surprised how much screentime Tobey Maguire & Andrew Garfield got, I thought initially they'd show up in the end for a few minutes to save the day. The performances of Andrew Garfield, Willem Dafoe and Tom Holland really stuck out with me, it's not often a Marvel movie holds actual emotional weight. I'm also pretty happy with the dire consequences that Peter Parker faces, which hasn't been too apparent in the Marvel movies (even though he literally died once :lol:). 

The story, despite having five villians and three superhero leads flowed pretty well. Those 2+ hours flew by really quickly. Honestly, my only gripe with the movie was the amount of callback lines, ''I'm something of a scientist myself'', ''The power of the sun in the palm of my hand'' and ''My back''. They felt forced, but didn't take anything away from the movie.

Also, just the fact that I grew up with the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man films, and being a total fanboy of the character just made this movie so easily enjoyable for me. I loved Absurd, so even if the whole movie was the three Spider-Men chilling and quipping their catchphrases, I'd probably still be satisfied.

The ending was a little confusing, and the tone fluctuated a little too much towards the middle imo, but otherwise than that it was fine, I guess.

EDIT: also some of the villain motivations didn’t make much sense.

EDIT 2: another flaw with this movie is that it feels like it’s trying to “over-correct” for the things people didn’t like about Homecoming and FFH (but it’s hard to say why without giving away spoilers).

Edited by rocknroll41

On 12/16/2021 at 12:58 PM, AtariLegend said:

I seen it this afternoon.

There definitely were audiences reactions to

Hide contents

Andrew Garfield showing up and Tobey Maquire. I was surprised some still didn't know they were in the film. I kind would have prefered in retrospect that I didn't have the movie spoiled for me beforehand either.

Speaking of which:

Hide contents

Andrew Garfield seemed really invested in this, like he had a point to prove. He's given slightly more scenes than Maquire and it feels like he's litterally jumping in from a world where he's in Amazing Spider-Man 3. Maquire was just Maquire. The original Spider-Man films were the better series, but Maquire felt he was just playing Maquire and there's wasn't alot of range to his character. Maquire's just Peter Parker from those films and he's moved on, where as Garfield felt he was still that character?

As for the film itself, it was good. Not one of the greatest films ever made, but definitely very enjoyable and worth seeing.

-edit-

On the topic of audiences cheering, it tends not to happen here. Though I remember applause at the end of Inception weirdly enough. It really stood out.

Also I'm not sitting through anymore post credit in marvel films. I've only done it a few times, but it's annoying.

Now that I’ve seen it myself I can say that I pretty much agree with all of this.

I agree that some of the jokes felt a bit weird but I expected that going in, it's a Marvel film lol. They all cram jokes into totally inappropriate situations. I had a few other small problems but nothing that stopped me really enjoying the film, I think they did a good job considering what they tried to do in one film.

Edited by Jw224

I really want to see this and the new Matrix film but will have to wait until after the 28th. Have immediate family get togethers this week so not chancing a covid infection by sitting in a theatre as the only person wearing a mask (which was the case with Ghostbusters last week). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 4:52 AM, Dazey said:

Did you get any cheers at your showing? I was really quite taken aback by it all. 😂

Yup! I got cheers twice. Obviously the first and biggest cheer was when Toby and Andrew first appeared. That was pretty cool because I have not seen many movies that got clapping and cheers like that. I forgot the 2nd part that got the clapping.