RIP Eddie Van Halen

ZoSoRose

8 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, I don't know what to say. I just remember all the good times I had listening to Van Halen and being mesmerized by Eddie's playing. One of the greats.

I saw Van Halen while ago with Dave, but Eddie and Alex were the stars of that band. 

Such sad news. I can't believe it.

Another suck day for 2020.

I was fortunate to see Van Halen once on their "A Different Kind of Truth" tour. I remember it was  like a 3 day stretch where I saw The Darkness, GNR on the Up Close and Personal Tour, and Van Halen. My seats weren't great, but I was there and Eddie kicked ass live. Tons of volume and gain. 

The dude was a pioneer when it came to the electric guitar, not just how he played it, but how he wielded his equipment and crafted tone. One of the biggest innovators for the instrument, ever. 

There were rumors his cancer came back, and he is always private so I am assuming this was bad for a minute. Might also explain his lack of activity musically over the years. I am not as shocked as I could be, but at the same time, its shocking no matter how you look at it. Eddie Van Halen is gone. 

A Different Kind of Truth was a victorious studio sendoff for him and the band, and even without Michael Anthony it was awesome they got one more record in the can with DLR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, soon said:

RIP

I just know some of the hits and all. But I frequently realize that my rhythm guitar style is influenced by the man. He is a legend on the leads, rhythm and synth!

2020 cannot end soon enough! 

My condolences to his mega fans.

I know 2020 just keeps getting worse and worse.  It's like nothing but bad news and I'm so tired of it.

Yeah, Eddie was one of a kind guitar players. One of the best legends in rock history. Still sucks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Fuck right off. 

Just heard a bit ago and I'm stunned. 

RIP EVH 

I know you were a fan Russ. I remember listening to 5150 on your recommendation a few months ago. 

I knew he was unwell for some time, but was hoping he'd bounce back. Eddie was always a class act and an incredible musician. Van Halen were an incredible band in their prime.

RIP Eddie.

• Thanks 1

Eddie was my hero. 1st time I saw him was 1984 tour.  Then saw him in 1986 front row on Ed's side of the stage, 5150 tour with Sammy.  Saw him and the band a bunch of times over the years.  I was afraid this would happen someday with the cancer. RIP ED!!

Just saw at the daily mail.

Him, this one. Not surprised.

He lost lots of his tongue in cancer and just looked like he was ailing these past years.

I also know someone in my world passed away this year after throat or some cancer there.

Best to his wife.

Best to Valerie, his ex wife  , Wolfie. 

They were friendly divorced and Valerie was cordial/ friendly with Ed’s wife.

Bygones are bygones after age and time and life moves on.

Edited by Amaya

29 minutes ago, soon said:

RIP

I just know some of the hits and all. But I frequently realize that my rhythm guitar style is influenced by the man. He is a legend on the leads, rhythm and synth!

2020 cannot end soon enough! 

My condolences to his mega fans.

His rhythm playing is immensely underrated and just as influential as his lead playing!

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

His rhythm playing is immensely underrated and just as influential as his lead playing!

Yeah all the guitar work in Aint Talkin Bout Love (leads and rhythm) is something else!

Same can be said about many more of their songs, but that one is always the first to come to mind for me!

• Like 1