Slash confirms new guns music

raggedyman

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Not so much 'confirms' as 'offers the same evasive comments as he's done in many interviews in the past'. 

It'll be confirmed when you can pre-order it. Not a moment sooner! 

But he says in addition to working with other people he has been recording new music with guns and the conspirators. I don't think he's previously said recording. Usually just says working on.

Edit; he says new music rather then recording

Edited by raggedyman

Just now, raggedyman said:

But he says in addition to working with other people he has been recording new music with guns and the conspirators. I don't think he's previously said recording. Usually just says working on.

He doesn't say recording this time either, so nothing is new. 

"I've been working with different people, doing different things, on top of original music for Guns N Roses and for the Conspirators." 

• Like 1

I could see the “revised” cd2 with slash and duff being the main release and then at the same time they could do an online and by-order exclusive “deluxe edition” that has the original robin/bucket demos (basically the village sessions) as a “bonus disc.”

...eh, who am I kidding? Nothing new is coming.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

he's lookin' a bit chunks ain't he, bless him.

He is nearly 60. If I had his money, fame and career, I'd be letting myself go too. Hell, I ain't got none of those things and I'm half his age and yet I'm still not far off Slash's weight. :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I could see the “revised” cd2 with slash and duff being the main release and then at the same time they could do an online and by-order exclusive “deluxe edition” that has the original robin/bucket demos (basically the village sessions) as a “bonus disc.”

...eh, who am I kidding? Nothing new is coming.

That would be awesome. They could even release it as download only for all I care. Anything like this would be my ideal scenario.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Would also be cool if they did a live album next year celebrating the 5th anniversary of NITL, and added a bonus EP of new studio songs. I’d buy that!

I'd rather have them celebrate the 30th anniversary of the last time they've released anything original together by putting out a regular new studio record in 2021. Anything else - like a NITL dvd - would be a bonus... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Thread title needs changing to "Slash vaguely, briefly and barely mentions writing for GnR, absolutely nothing can be confirmed from what he say, and the interviewer misses any and all opportunities to follow up to clarify"

+ I would add: "... also, it's nothing he hasn't already said several times before in the past years, so no real news anyway"... 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 9:41 PM, Sweersa said:

I just can't imagine Slash improving on songs or instrumentals like Perhaps, Hardschool, Quick Song, Oklahoma, Me & My Elvis, Zodiac 13, etc.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

I haven't heard them,  but if they suck like most of the CD songs then you're probably right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 11:03 PM, Free Bird said:

Opinions differ.

I prefer the fillers on both Illusions over the best CD songs. Honestly I have more fun with TSI than with CD.

The so-called "filler" on UYI are some of my favorite GNR songs, period. CD can't even begin to hold a candle to those. If we were to ever get a new GNR album, I would want it something close in the style/sound of UYI.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 3:15 AM, Sweersa said:

I'd be happy if it was half as good as CD. Hopefully it won't be half fillers like UYI I and II.

Both UYI and CD had filler moments, don't even need to name them but Rhiad, Scraped, Catcher, Right next door to hell, Coma, Shotguns blues all come to mind. Neither album is perfect, UYI is much more accessible, but that doesn't make it better or worse for me! I love CD, but I hope that the next record GNR release is a bit more stylistically consistent. Pick a direction and go for it! the experimental middle album is done, time to do the back to basics with a dash of the 'best of what we've learned from the past 30yrs'. But who knows anymore with these jokers.