Slash confirms new guns music

raggedyman

5 hours ago, pugachev said:

The so-called "filler" on UYI are some of my favorite GNR songs, period. CD can't even begin to hold a candle to those. If we were to ever get a new GNR album, I would want it something close in the style/sound of UYI.

That's what the guys can do best, I think.

They're to old, to mature for an AFD kind of album and their lives changed to much.

The combination of Axl and Slash has to result in something UYI-esque, if you ask me.

But maybe this expectation is the main problem for the lack of new music. Maybe they just ain't able anymore of doing us justice... or doing them justice. I think Slash couldn't care less. He would release anything but Axl isn't operating like this.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Both UYI and CD had filler moments, don't even need to name them but Rhiad, Scraped, Catcher, Right next door to hell, Coma, Shotguns blues all come to mind. Neither album is perfect, UYI is much more accessible, but that doesn't make it better or worse for me! I love CD, but I hope that the next record GNR release is a bit more stylistically consistent. Pick a direction and go for it! the experimental middle album is done, time to do the back to basics with a dash of the 'best of what we've learned from the past 30yrs'. But who knows anymore with these jokers.

Not every song you don't like can be called filler. There's nothing on Street Of Dreams that I like and still I wouldn't call it a filler because it has an important role on CD.

Coma might be a deep cut on UYI 1 but it's far away from a filler. It's like calling Rocket Queen a filler just because it isn't as high ranked as WTTJ, SCOM, and PC.

Edit: Besides My World there are two songs I'd call filler on the UYIs.

Shotgun Blues and Garden Of Eden.

That doesn't mean I don't like those songs or that I like every other song of these records more. They're just the most needless ones.

But remove Coma or even Get In The Ring and you have different albums. 

Edited by Free Bird

8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Both UYI and CD had filler moments, don't even need to name them but Rhiad, Scraped, Catcher, Right next door to hell, Coma, Shotguns blues all come to mind. Neither album is perfect, UYI is much more accessible, but that doesn't make it better or worse for me! I love CD, but I hope that the next record GNR release is a bit more stylistically consistent. Pick a direction and go for it! the experimental middle album is done, time to do the back to basics with a dash of the 'best of what we've learned from the past 30yrs'. But who knows anymore with these jokers.

The CD fillers for me was Chinese Democracy (ironically), Rhiad, and IRS.

I liked Coma after hearing it live in 2016. 

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Coma filler?!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Coma filler?!

For me yes. It just doesn't really go anywhere, and the main riff that it's built on is poor. Know among the die hards it's counted as one of the peak songs but it does nothing for me... I nearly put another fan favourite down too, but I in the interests of safety for me and the weak hearted MYGNR members I chose not to😄

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Not every song you don't like can be called filler. There's nothing on Street Of Dreams that I like and still I wouldn't call it a filler because it has an important role on CD.

Coma might be a deep cut on UYI 1 but it's far away from a filler. It's like calling Rocket Queen a filler just because it isn't as high ranked as WTTJ, SCOM, and PC.

Edit: Besides My World there are two songs I'd call filler on the UYIs.

Shotgun Blues and Garden Of Eden.

That doesn't mean I don't like those songs or that I like every other song of these records more. They're just the most needless ones.

But remove Coma or even Get In The Ring and you have different albums. 

Remove coma and get in the ring and you have a more to the point album. Anyway, I'm not talking about removing the song from history, I'm just stating that in my opinion it's a filler track😅

I know that not every song I dislike can be deemed filler in everyones eyes... but for me, and a lot of people I know Coma is an absolute snore. For me it has one moment of good / interesting music and that's the following part

No one's going to bother me anymore
No one's going to mess with my head no more
I can't understand what all the fightin's for
But it's so nice here, down off the shore

Besides that, like I mentioned the riff is just not great, especially when you compare it to other great riffs on those albums like YCBM or even something less great song like Don't damn me. 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Remove coma and get in the ring and you have a more to the point album. Anyway, I'm not talking about removing the song from history, I'm just stating that in my opinion it's a filler track😅

I know that not every song I dislike can be deemed filler in everyones eyes... but for me, and a lot of people I know Coma is an absolute snore. For me it has one moment of good / interesting music and that's the following part

No one's going to bother me anymore
No one's going to mess with my head no more
I can't understand what all the fightin's for
But it's so nice here, down off the shore

Besides that, like I mentioned the riff is just not great, especially when you compare it to other great riffs on those albums like YCBM or even something less great song like Don't damn me. 

For some it is a gem, for others the looooongest filler in the world :lol:

Sorry Tom, but you can't be a GNR fan when you dislike one of the greatest outros in music history :bitchfight:

:axl92::slash:

And Don't Damn Me is a damn cool song :P

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Sorry Tom, but you can't be a GNR fan when you dislike one of the greatest outros in music history :bitchfight:

Love slashs solos and the breakdown after the solo in DDM.

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Are you revoking my membership and GNR truck? Over my dead body!!!😄 

Don't damn me is a great song! I just mentioned it as I've seen a few throw shade at it!

• Haha 1