Is it time to stop asking/'demanding|'...

5 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have been watching clips of Axl on Youtube since  86 until recent times, reading stuff on forums over this period and I feel exhausted!  He has been through so much in his profesional and personal life, getting back on that stage after each disaster and downfall and giving it his all.  On top of this is the torrent of criticism about everything from hair, body, clothes, voice, lifestyle, friends...there is love also but it is clouded with 'constructive' criticism.   The others in the band have not had half the coverage or criticism or do they have the complicated mental health of Axl which crucifies him at times., hence I havve not involved them in this post.

I feel its time to give him some slack, set him free from the constant observation and just let him be.  I suppose I feel for him as I have a similar mental health situation and as a consequence dont think he has purposfully tried to hurt, decieve or lie but getting through the best he can and trying to protect himself.  Anyway I am not going to comment on new music anymore but just enjoy Guns n Roses as they are.

I know there will be lots who disagree with me but we cal all have our opions while still respecting each other.

It was time to give up on this band and stop spending money on them years ago. 

I would love new music. But am happily enjoying Guns 'as is.' For us CD fans, we got a new release last year anyways! :headbang:So, not too shabby at all. And all of us have the studio albums, the history, etc.

TBH a lot of the outrage at new offerings of merch are always made in reference to the lack of new music. But the fact is that people will enjoy reading the book to their kids (beautifully illustrated too). People will enjoy playing the pinball machine. People are enjoying the vinyl GH.

My only gripe is with fernando being a jerk to fans and members lying about new music. But, again, there is new music. Go listen to Atlas Shrugged, its awesome and has Brian f'n May playing a Slash style solo thats better than what slash is doing these days!

1 minute ago, soon said:

I would love new music. But am happily enjoying Guns 'as is.' For us CD fans, we got a new release last year anyways! :headbang:So, not too shabby at all. And all of us have the studio albums, the history, etc.

TBH a lot of the outrage at new offerings of merch are always made in reference to the lack of new music. But the fact is that people will enjoy reading the book to their kids (beautifully illustrated too). People will enjoy playing the pinball machine. People are enjoying the vinyl GH.

My only gripe is with fernando being a jerk to fans and members lying about new music. But, again, there is new music. Go listen to Atlas Shrugged, its awesome and has Brian f'n May playing a Slash style solo thats better than what slash is doing these days!

Simply can't rest until we get all the Chinese sessions; knowing there's so much material still buried in the vault from the 2001-2003 years is killing me, since all we got is a little snapshot.  :bucket:

I've mentioned it in the past, but the people who curate Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series should get involved in whatever's sitting in the vault to distribute it.  If it's something stupid like Team Brazil not wanting to give royalties to past band members, they need to stop being petty.

• Like 2

The problem with Axl and, by extension, with GN’R is that there are too many bad factors operating together. If it was just one or two things, we’d get over it easily. But add up the lack of new music, lack of little nice clips from like rehearsals/studio etc., lack of official live videos in appropriate quality (not half-assed selects), lack of DVDs / released gigs old or new (even though they have shitloads of them), lack of video clips, lack of professional management, unfortunate approach of the current management towards the fans, focus being put only on marginal merchandise, almost zero communication as to what’s being cooked, lack of interviews with relevant information about new material and what’s going on in the band, stale playlists and gigs with the only difference being Axl’s deteriorating form, constant touring with nothing new, the fact that the official band representative’s manners are those of an arrogant prick, numerous excuses (“can’t release music with what’s going on in the world”), the fact that the drummer cannot even answer a question about him possibly having played on a 30-year old reworked song, while referring us to the management who won’t tell us anything anyway – and all this combined with the fact that other bands evidently have no problems not only releasing stuff but also communicating normally with the fans…
In the recent years, only four things of relevance have happened in terms of new material for fans: the Saskatoon 1993 leak, the Las Vegas 2001 leak, the Village Sessions leak, and the Locked N’ Loaded release. Out of these things, the only official one was the least appealing to me. With this frequency and ratio, it’s clear how much it sucks. If it wasn’t for bootlegging fans, we’d have nothing. 
Well, all of this plays a certain role. Despite these things, I’m still a fan and not even one of those who complain or ridicule the Ax-man all the time. On the other hand, I call ‘em like I see ‘em. The resulting stance might be somewhere between, but one can’t be surprised when the fans are getting frustrated, considering the amount of negativity, ignorance, and incompetence that seems to be surrounding this band, or rather its managerial/PR side. 

• Like 2

The leaks were a bit of a test for me when I finally realised I no longer give a toss about this band. Listened to 'Hard School' and thought it was good. Stuck the rest on a USB stick to digest at a later date - I remember I was just about to go on holiday so didn't have much time. 

I still haven't listened to the stuff haha. I still have it somewhere but can't be arsed to listen.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The leaks were a bit of a test for me when I finally realised I no longer give a toss about this band. Listened to 'Hard School' and thought it was good. Stuck the rest on a USB stick to digest at a later date - I remember I was just about to go on holiday so didn't have much time. 

I still haven't listened to the stuff haha. I still have it somewhere but can't be arsed to listen.

I was obsessed with the CD leaks back in the day. I couldn’t pick any of the recent stuff out of a lineup. Not saying it’s dreadful but it simply didn’t pique my interest.  

Its tough when the vast majority don't have completed or even serviceable vocals. Of all the leaks last year, only 4 had "completed" vocals (State of Grace, Atlas, Perhaps, and Hard School) and State of Grace was just a scratch track. 

I actually think a lot of the songs exceeded my expectations and had a ton of potential, it is just a shame they had no vocals. As I said last year, reworked with proper leads and with completed vocals, this album would have been awesome. Goes along with rumors that CD's follow up would have been a lot heavier too,

1. Hard School
2. Prom Violence
3. Atlas Shrugged
4. Perhaps
5. Soul Monster/ Me and My Elvis
6. Quicksong
7. Tonto
8.  Dub Suplex
9. Oklahoma/Berlin
10. State of Grace
11. Zodiac 13
12. The General

Edited by ZoSoRose

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I was obsessed with the CD leaks back in the day. I couldn’t pick any of the recent stuff out of a lineup. Not saying it’s dreadful but it simply didn’t pique my interest.  

I was the same way about CD leaks back then.  The difference to me now is that I have no hope at all we'll ever get this stuff officially released.  I just hope the General leaks someday.

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

You're in a stra.ge position in that you want new music.....yet a couple of weeks ago you said you hadn't listened to all the existing GNR albums, right? 

How about concentrating on those, rather than any new music? I don't mean this in a hostile way, but why do you care so much if you haven't listened to their 4/5 albums? 

Hi, I have listened to everything now althoughstill excited by it but there is going to come a time when it would be nice to hear something different.  But it is what it is.

5 hours ago, ronartest2004 said:

Here’s the issue, Axl has surrounded himself with a management team that are trolls, and they enjoy trolling their own fans. Having said that, I will say if you are a good little fan and accept whatever cash grab merchandise they put up for sale then you will be treated okay. But if you dare to bring up a new album (that their own members and management team dangle in front of the fans like a carrot to a horse) you are treated like a piece of crap.

For someone who proclaims to hate trump the way Axl does he sure operate the same way. 

If Axl didn’t want that going on, it wouldn’t be. So by default the blame lays directly at his feet.

And yes, Axl has had a lot happen in his life (most of us have) but also most of us haven’t been allotted the lifestyle that Axl has been blessed to live either. 

Some more good points...

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

The problem with Axl and, by extension, with GN’R is that there are too many bad factors operating together. If it was just one or two things, we’d get over it easily. But add up the lack of new music, lack of little nice clips from like rehearsals/studio etc., lack of official live videos in appropriate quality (not half-assed selects), lack of DVDs / released gigs old or new (even though they have shitloads of them), lack of video clips, lack of professional management, unfortunate approach of the current management towards the fans, focus being put only on marginal merchandise, almost zero communication as to what’s being cooked, lack of interviews with relevant information about new material and what’s going on in the band, stale playlists and gigs with the only difference being Axl’s deteriorating form, constant touring with nothing new, the fact that the official band representative’s manners are those of an arrogant prick, numerous excuses (“can’t release music with what’s going on in the world”), the fact that the drummer cannot even answer a question about him possibly having played on a 30-year old reworked song, while referring us to the management who won’t tell us anything anyway – and all this combined with the fact that other bands evidently have no problems not only releasing stuff but also communicating normally with the fans…
In the recent years, only four things of relevance have happened in terms of new material for fans: the Saskatoon 1993 leak, the Las Vegas 2001 leak, the Village Sessions leak, and the Locked N’ Loaded release. Out of these things, the only official one was the least appealing to me. With this frequency and ratio, it’s clear how much it sucks. If it wasn’t for bootlegging fans, we’d have nothing. 
Well, all of this plays a certain role. Despite these things, I’m still a fan and not even one of those who complain or ridicule the Ax-man all the time. On the other hand, I call ‘em like I see ‘em. The resulting stance might be somewhere between, but one can’t be surprised when the fans are getting frustrated, considering the amount of negativity, ignorance, and incompetence that seems to be surrounding this band, or rather its managerial/PR side. 

Damn, why is it like this do you think?  Would Axl and TB like us all to go away?

7 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Damn, why is it like this do you think?  Would Axl and TB like us all to go away?

No but I think him being surrounded by yes-men isn't helping anything. I tend to believe the other 2 would be more inclined to release stuff... but that's a different thread. 

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Imagine how boring GN'R would become if Axl farted an album out every few years like Bono?

It's his resolute refusal to release anything new that keeps the fans interested.

Not sure I agree with this. Fans of bands / artists like ACDC, David Bowie, Steven Wilson, Alice Cooper, Rolling Stones... (I could go on) are just as interested despite the regular releases. If anything more releases (and varying versions - trawling the archives for rarities, alternative mixes, live releases etc) drives interest.

30 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Hi, I have listened to everything now althoughstill excited by it but there is going to come a time when it would be nice to hear something different.  But it is what it is.

That's really sweet, "you as a new fan" would find it nice to hear something new and different in the future !

...and now try to walk in our shoes, maybe that answeres your inital question and thread title, if we should stop to demand for new music.

• Like 1