Is it time to stop asking/'demanding|'...

On 10/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, Swampfox said:

When I downloaded the CD leaks I felt like I found my Xmas presents before I opened them... Like spoiling a surprise.  Last year's leaks felt like debt collection.

I don't post very much, but I had to quote this comment.  So funny and so true.  I consider myself a hardcore GNR fan and they've managed to beat the excitement out of me.  Maybe if i had an extra $10k to drop on a pinball machine, I'd be excited right now, but being a hardcore fan of this band isn't fun for me anymore.  It's just not.  

I’m probably rehashing others opinions here but I think for the most part, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

if you look at the state of the band, how management treats the fans with contemp, the lack of music, the lack information in regards to just about anything, then the merchandise release of toys, laundry bags and wait for it... a $12k pub ball machine that non of us will ever fooking have enough money to spend on in the middle of a pandemic and you get a disgruntled fan base! 

look, if no new music was just laid out on the table to the fans most would be put out of their misery. Let’s not forget, it’s a rock n roll band, not a secret mission to Mars! What is so fucking important or secretive that a band can’t converse with its fan base who have made them so wildly rich beyond their dreams that they can’t just tell it like it is without making out the fan base is wronging them by simply asking the question. 
it’s insanely ridiculous and the big 3 deserve every single piece of criticism that gets thrown their way! 
don’t even start me on duff and slash, which has been discussed adnauseum in regards to their behaviour when it comes to Izzy and Steven, and also laying down to axl and team Brazil in regards to conducting interviews and lack of information they are willing to give, but hey, spend 12k on our shiny pin ball machine! Fuck you slash! I love slash but what a pissant move. 
team Brazil are so incredibly brazen that they choose to make their money off shit that they know only the casual fan will buy, rather than actually throwing a few gold nuggets at the fan base by officially releasing a 87-93 show or getting their acts together and releasing the documentary footage that they know very well the hardcore fan base would be interested in whilst the wait for new music goes on! its an incredible “fuck you” to the fan base! 
anyone with half a brain could manage this band better. Here’s a thought, if no new music is on the table, try cementing your legacy and officially releasing what you do have left from the vault, make it the absolute best you can, get the documentary out, get every live show from that era released and just be up front that this is it. So many good opportunities have been pissed up the wall. 
Here’s an interesting tidbit,, Gibbo told me on his fb channel that all of those live shows have not been moved to digital as yet. Fernando confirmed it... 

the rats are probably eating them as we speak! Left to rot in a warehouse somewhere... it’s unfathomable how inept and unprofessional it is to know this is happening and not fix it. 

No... axl doesn’t get a walk. He’s complicit in all of it. 

the end. 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

I’m probably rehashing others opinions here but I think for the most part, everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

if you look at the state of the band, how management treats the fans with contemp, the lack of music, the lack information in regards to just about anything, then the merchandise release of toys, laundry bags and wait for it... a $12k pub ball machine that non of us will ever fooking have enough money to spend on in the middle of a pandemic and you get a disgruntled fan base! 

look, if no new music was just laid out on the table to the fans most would be put out of their misery. Let’s not forget, it’s a rock n roll band, not a secret mission to Mars! What is so fucking important or secretive that a band can’t converse with its fan base who have made them so wildly rich beyond their dreams that they can’t just tell it like it is without making out the fan base is wronging them by simply asking the question. 
it’s insanely ridiculous and the big 3 deserve every single piece of criticism that gets thrown their way! 
don’t even start me on duff and slash, which has been discussed adnauseum in regards to their behaviour when it comes to Izzy and Steven, and also laying down to axl and team Brazil in regards to conducting interviews and lack of information they are willing to give, but hey, spend 12k on our shiny pin ball machine! Fuck you slash! I love slash but what a pissant move. 
team Brazil are so incredibly brazen that they choose to make their money off shit that they know only the casual fan will buy, rather than actually throwing a few gold nuggets at the fan base by officially releasing a 87-93 show or getting their acts together and releasing the documentary footage that they know very well the hardcore fan base would be interested in whilst the wait for new music goes on! its an incredible “fuck you” to the fan base! 
anyone with half a brain could manage this band better. Here’s a thought, if no new music is on the table, try cementing your legacy and officially releasing what you do have left from the vault, make it the absolute best you can, get the documentary out, get every live show from that era released and just be up front that this is it. So many good opportunities have been pissed up the wall. 
Here’s an interesting tidbit,, Gibbo told me on his fb channel that all of those live shows have not been moved to digital as yet. Fernando confirmed it... 

the rats are probably eating them as we speak! Left to rot in a warehouse somewhere... it’s unfathomable how inept and unprofessional it is to know this is happening and not fix it. 

No... axl doesn’t get a walk. He’s complicit in all of it. 

the end. 

I have just been reading posts from 2014, with these and the posts on here from long time 'fans' I find the situation so depressing, I am also  speechless at the bands behaviour.  I suppose they would say we have a choice.  Mmmm I though this was going to be fun.  One thing is clear and that is Axl, spiritually, left the band a long time ago and carries on with it because what else would he do, and if people arre willing to pay to see him then why not.  It seems that the only way to enjoy this band is to watch the old stuff but apparently they wont  part with it.  I wonder if they have an Archivist, if not they could certainly do with one.

What a better world it would be if we could all understand each other:bitchfight:(emoji  not relevant to my statement just love it!)

17 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

I don't think anyone's really asking or demanding anything at this point. People are just sick of it. The discontent among the hard-core fanbase is just a reflection of the worst possible attitude this band has had for years now. And even prior to the reunion. From 2011 this has been nothing but a money machine. That's the way I see it. It's not a band.

I personally don't care that much anymore. I don't buy the stupid merchandise, I don't go to multiple shows, I don't dwell on it. I'm just sad they've proven to be such a disappointment on so many levels. 

Superb post. Sums up exactly how I feel. Trouble is, I don’t think the band gives a rats ass as long as the $$ keeps rolling in. It will do as well so long as suckers keep buying the rehashed trash they keep releasing 

Even though it sucks and I’m definitely on board with the criticism of the lack of material and terrible management like I’ve said here before, there’s still this other point of view we can always take into consideration as well (and then it may not look as grim): as we know, unlike in the old days, things take time in the GNR world – they have ever since the CD era. And whatever they were doing in the downtime of 2018 and mainly 2019, there was also some solo touring going on. They were continually working on something (as they’ve said), but it’s possible they were also taking a break from the behemoth of a tour NITL undeniably is. So when you think about it, it’s not exactly true that “they’ve had four years to make the record”, since most of it was filled with gigs and just life on the road, and the rest might have been them relaxing and being with their families. They have kids now. And so, we can’t really include 2016 and 17 to the record-creating process; as for the two following years, like I said, there might have been some relaxing going on (I’m not excusing them from anything, though), and with 2020, things got halted quite early on, and while I’m not from the US, I know there was a period when people wouldn’t even leave their houses. 

So what I’m saying is this: since we’re too close to the whole business, discussing it every day and finding nothing new every day (plus getting aggravated by TB on a monthly basis), we may not see things the same way the musicians do: they’ve only had a few months in 2020 during which anything relevant could have been made. Yes, just several months. Just look at it from a distance, from a certain height. 
Again, not excusing them, and yes, they could have created a lot of material already, could have released an EP, update us, release DVDs etc., but if we look at it from this point of view and take Axl’s character/personality into account, we could reach a certain insight that their time perception may differ drastically from that of ours. 
Just to toss in another angle of perspective. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have just been reading posts from 2014, with these and the posts on here from long time 'fans' I find the situation so depressing, I am also  speechless at the bands behaviour.  I suppose they would say we have a choice.  Mmmm I though this was going to be fun.  One thing is clear and that is Axl, spiritually, left the band a long time ago and carries on with it because what else would he do, and if people arre willing to pay to see him then why not.  It seems that the only way to enjoy this band is to watch the old stuff but apparently they wont  part with it.  I wonder if they have an Archivist, if not they could certainly do with one.

What a better world it would be if we could all understand each other:bitchfight:(emoji  not relevant to my statement just love it!)

I used to be a casual fan before 2011. Around this time I really started looking into and following the band a lot closer and my casual fan status probably shifted to hardcore by 2013. 
the reason I bring this up, is that a casual fan just loves the music and buys the ticket (that was me) but once my interest went beyond casual and I started getting interested in the autobiographies, signing up to Here today gone to hell (Jarmos site) and the more I read, researched the band and the history of all the characters, and then getting annoyed on HTGTH I realised I was on the wrong page 🤣

I realised that I’d turned from a true believer that axl and slash were Demi gods and just people (albeit talented ones) that weren’t above being called out for their actions I discovered this page. This page has some excellent posters and I must say the most loyal and patient fans I’ve ever seen. 
Which brings me back to GNR management!!!!! 
the way they hold this fan base in contempt is hard to cop. 
Fernando is out of his depth. He doesn’t listen, his communication skills are non existent, he pisses in the face of the very people who have made the band so rich and famous. 
And axl and the band allow the nanny and her boy to do it. The very fact that this band has allowed it, is a disgrace to the old guns. 
who would have thought it would come to this back in 93????

there is still hope... and that’s what everyone clings too! Including me. 

22 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Even though it sucks and I’m definitely on board with the criticism of the lack of material and terrible management like I’ve said here before, there’s still this other point of view we can always take into consideration as well (and then it may not look as grim): as we know, unlike in the old days, things take time in the GNR world – they have ever since the CD era. And whatever they were doing in the downtime of 2018 and mainly 2019, there was also some solo touring going on. They were continually working on something (as they’ve said), but it’s possible they were also taking a break from the behemoth of a tour NITL undeniably is. So when you think about it, it’s not exactly true that “they’ve had four years to make the record”, since most of it was filled with gigs and just life on the road, and the rest might have been them relaxing and being with their families. They have kids now. And so, we can’t really include 2016 and 17 to the record-creating process; as for the two following years, like I said, there might have been some relaxing going on (I’m not excusing them from anything, though), and with 2020, things got halted quite early on, and while I’m not from the US, I know there was a period when people wouldn’t even leave their houses. 

So what I’m saying is this: since we’re too close to the whole business, discussing it every day and finding nothing new every day (plus getting aggravated by TB on a monthly basis), we may not see things the same way the musicians do: they’ve only had a few months in 2020 during which anything relevant could have been made. Yes, just several months. Just look at it from a distance, from a certain height. 
Again, not excusing them, and yes, they could have created a lot of material already, could have released an EP, update us, release DVDs etc., but if we look at it from this point of view and take Axl’s character/personality into account, we could reach a certain insight that their time perception may differ drastically from that of ours. 

That is definitely a valid point, the fact that in 2016/2017 so much time was spent on touring and that whole juggernaut that I doubt that they really worked on much beyond Slash maybe jamming on random riffs, recording them on his phone and putting them in a folder titled "possible GNR ideas" lol

In fact I was huge on defending GNR in those two years because Axl sounded decent and they were still newly reformed.  I was like "wait a year or two I bet something is going to happen".  Well then 2018 and 2019 came and went and not even a peep regarding new studio recordings on the horizon and I have increasingly become more and more pessimistic

If it was any other band I would have given them a pass under the pretense that they need time to gel as a newly formed lineup and needed time to get the creative spark going.  But I think that since Chinese Democracy was already such a huge wait, the idea of waiting just as long for the next GNR album just really takes the wind out of the sails as a fan

• Like 1

Just for clarity and how sick I am of nothing new:

I was in my local record store (independent which is nice) and was looking through new or re-releases. I picked up the splatter greatest hits which for £31 would be a good price.

Did I purchase said album? No. I instead elected for the reissue of Ritualo De La Habitualo by Jane’s Addiction. Why? Because Perry Farrell and co have released albums in the past decade both solo and as a band, including a nice boxset by Farrell that’s due out.

My point is? Don’t give the band money. Fuck them until they bring out new material.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Hold on a minute. You're saying it's confirmed all the old golden era proshots haven't been digitised yet or are you just talking about NITL footage?

Unfortunately I am talking about UYI era pro shots mate. 

Gibbo posted the following link on his page: 

“Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry - 1992-09-24 - Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA

Today exactly 28 years ago, Axl singing don't cry. But as a GNR fan there's enough reasons to Do Cry.
Because 28 Fuckin' years later we are still watching audience recording due to the fact that there's only one official release from classic GNR.

The longest tour ever.... yeah but we haven't seen shit of it while there's tons of footage in the vault. Yet no one seems to realize that stuff needs to be transferred to digital media to prevent quality loss or even worse loose it all.“

i responded with the following comment:

”I would be surprised if it hasnt already been moved to digital and stored "safely" in the vault. But your point is right.. it should be released so the fans can enjoy it :(

Gibbo:

”Sadly enough it's not as fernando said they would need a lot of equipment to even view the stuff first”

my response:

”Mind boggling. Have you recently got this info off Fernando or was this old news on his reddit page mate? 
You are right, 1 official release in 30 years from this era is heart breaking.”

he then posted an audio link of Fernando explaining exactly this. The link is still on fb mate. 

On 10/11/2020 at 9:15 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I wouldn't expect him to sing exactly like AXL/DC for every song. But some like Out Ta Get Me he definitely could.

If I had it my way at this time at Axl's age it'd be a shorter set(with new songs and lots of rotating alts) and meaner, even if that means a little slower, vocals. He should move around the stage less too, that probably helped him with ACDC.

I'd love some acoustic shows.

Yeah definitely great suggestions - I feel exactly the same! 

22 minutes ago, Nesret said:

My disdain towards the Reunion-Lineup has reached it's peak years ago. I remember when CD finally came out, my interest in it was long gone from all the wait and hype and what not, and by that time, my mindset was already way too negative to perceive anything they did as decent. It would be exactly the same thing this time, of course IF these fuckers ever release anything, which I highly doubt.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play a round of Pinball to watch some live gigs.

Best advice is to chill, don't pay attention and listen to other stuff... IF and when something comes out you won't be so wrapped up in what they haven't done and be able to enjoy the music a bit. GNR are not the be all, end all! and thank fuck for that! 

I'll listen to a new record if it comes out, but I'm not pumping myself up with the possibility of it. Right now it's just an idea, they are only in the demo writing stages, so the chances of hearing anything anytime soon are not likely, late 2021, early 2022? who knows, but I'd say we'll see more touring before anything is released... so I duck back and listen to other great music instead, that way I stay sane😄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I totally get that these guys have families and a life outside of GNR and music.... but there was months off between legs of the NITL tour, IF they wanted to have a nice relaxing break, or done whatever! they could have and still made their way down to a practice space or studio (for a week or two) to lay some ideas down. 

In 2020 after an extensive multi-leg tour, instead of listening to the groans from fans they came to the conclusion of "More touring, that's what people are asking for". How far removed are these people? every interview they do it's the same question, "is there new material and when?" the question is never "When will you do another run of dates, through this already over-saturated market?" 

End of the day, management brings the dates to the band and the band say yay or nay! the band (big 3) were signing off on touring over hitting the studio. It's nostalgia and it's boring and... enjoy it if you like, if you don't check out and take a breather! hopefully one day they'll get bored of playing the same 25 songs and say "Maybe we should put something new out"... only problem is it would probably be another covers album😁

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Best advice is to chill, don't pay attention and listen to other stuff... IF and when something comes out you won't be so wrapped up in what they haven't done and be able to enjoy the music a bit. GNR are not the be all, end all! and thank fuck for that! 

I'll listen to a new record if it comes out, but I'm not pumping myself up with the possibility of it. Right now it's just an idea, they are only in the demo writing stages, so the chances of hearing anything anytime soon are not likely, late 2021, early 2022? who knows, but I'd say we'll see more touring before anything is released... so I duck back and listen to other great music instead, that way I stay sane😄

Oh, no, no no no no no. This can't be right. 'Malibu Monica' spoke, remember? 

Chill. Its done and its good. Youll see

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nope dont buy it that especially slash, are just concentrating on family downtime. The guy even during SMKC tours was also writing and recording on the road. 

The band may have been touring for 4 years for nitlbbut they are only onstage for 3 hours a show. What do they do backstage, during soundcheck etc?.

I bet both duff and slash have been writing and doing some light recording on tour because we know they have been playing certain material during soundchecks because meeghan was filming but had the recording on mute. So they must be working on some ideas and arrangements. 

They are probably just working out ideas during soundcheck but rralised it was more practical to go through all of the material once the tour has finished, and not feel rushed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Nope dont buy it that especially slash, are just concentrating on family downtime. The guy even during SMKC tours was also writing and recording on the road. 

The band may have been touring for 4 years for nitlbbut they are only onstage for 3 hours a show. What do they do backstage, during soundcheck etc?.

I bet both duff and slash have been writing and doing some light recording on tour because we know they have been playing certain material during soundchecks because meeghan was filming but had the recording on mute. So they must be working on some ideas and arrangements. 

They are probably just working out ideas during soundcheck but rralised it was more practical to go through all of the material once the tour has finished, and not feel rushed.

Possible, sir. Possible. 

• GNFNR 1

I love all your rants :lol:. This is real entertainment.

I feel it totally. This band is so frustrating.

We just need a fundraiser and pay to the motherfucker vault guard to enter and get some tapes. Nice script for Wayne's World 2.

Who knows the story behind the Saskatoon leak??? 

3 hours ago, axlvai said:

We just need a fundraiser and pay to the motherfucker vault guard to enter and get some tapes. Nice script for Wayne's World 2.

Uhhmm you do realize there is Waynes World 2 and ir's awesome

• Wow 1

On 10/11/2020 at 7:44 PM, bucketfoot said:

Imagine how boring GN'R would become if Axl farted an album out every few years like Bono?

It's his resolute refusal to release anything new that keeps the fans interested.

Yeah, every artist and band should do that. They should never Release anything. Not In This Lifetime.

8 hours ago, axlvai said:

You mean Wayne's World 3?

I agree with everything that has been said earlier about the management and their handling of things. I too was much more of a hardcore fan which finally seemed to pay off in 2016 but by the time one of the guys told me SMKC was recording in early 2018 I was much more invested in that, and I still am. There's plenty of other bands to get excited about now so I'm not sitting around waiting for GnR to do something. Dirty Honey is working on a new record and Tyler Bryant & the Shakedown have a new one out on Friday so I'm more excited about that. The Selects videos have been pretty disappointing for me (mainly because of the mixes) so that's not been all that helpful.

Not sure if allready mentioned but the worst of all this, is that Duff posted a video on his instagram just a few days after the cheap rerelease of GH on vinyl (cheap as in low effort, easy money)

In this video he's unboxxing a great vinyl boxset from Prince, showing off how epic it is and that it contains shitloads of demo's that are never heard before, a full never released live show audio only

and even a dvd containing a never before seen full gig. Then he even says with fucking dry eyes that it better be good and how he will be the first to critisize it if it aint good and how he's gonna

enjoy the fuck out of it.

I mean like WTF, this video looks like it's DUFF trolling gnr fans on purpose, but at this point i think "The Artist Formally Known As Punkrock" is just to stupid to see the connection.

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Not sure if allready mentioned but the worst of all this, is that Duff posted a video on his instagram just a few days after the cheap rerelease of GH on vinyl (cheap as in low effort, easy money)

In this video he's unboxxing a great vinyl boxset from Prince, showing off how epic it is and that it contains shitloads of demo's that are never heard before, a full never released live show audio only

and even a dvd containing a never before seen full gig. Then he even says with fucking dry eyes that it better be good and how he will be the first to critisize it if it aint good and how he's gonna

enjoy the fuck out of it.

I mean like WTF, this video looks like it's DUFF trolling gnr fans on purpose, but at this point i think "The Artist Formally Known As Punkrock" is just to stupid to see the connection.

Ha! I didnt notice that.... 

Maybe he knows that GnR will release a fucking monster work on UYI Stuff (or early stuff) and that would be the really trolling.

Maaaaayyyyybe. Maaaaaaybe not. Im trying to see light.... im trying......

Edited by axlvai