The Cult of Death (Instrumental Demo)

Hello everyone, this is a short instrumental demo I recorded some days ago. I must admit that I have absolutey no idea about mixing, let alone mastering. I'm not really satisfied with the sound yet, so any ideas or simple tips would be very much appreciated. It's a bit of a bummer that I don't have a drummer (:facepalm:) but maybe one day! I hope some of you might still like it a bit :-) Thanks for listening!

The Cult of Death (Instrumental Demo)

• Like 2

Very cool! I enjoyed that. Rocking like a vault leak!! :headbang:

Fucking drummers man. Cant live with em, cant live without them :lol:. I thought the programming was pretty good, actually.

Ever tried any of the online AI mastering services? emastered, LANDR, aimastering, bandlab, to name a few.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, soon said:

Very cool! I enjoyed that. Rocking like a vault leak!! :headbang:

Fucking drummers man. Cant live with em, cant live without them :lol:. I thought the programming was pretty good, actually.

Ever tried any of the online AI mastering services? emastered, LANDR, aimastering, bandlab, to name a few.

Hey man you made my day, thank you very much mate! I'm really glad you enjoyed it and think that the drum programming is not too bad! :-)

Thanks for these tips, I will have to check them out since I never tried them, I'm curious to see what they offer!

• GNFNR 1
26 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Very cool my man. Did you do both parts? Reminded me of Ministry mixed with some Megadeth. If I had any suggestions it would be make the lead part a bit heavier. Keep it up.

Awesome man, thank you so much for the kind words! :-) And also thanks for your suggestion concerning the lead part, I will have a deeper look at that! (oh and by the way yes, I did both parts, but I feel much more comfortable playing rhythm I must say!)

11 minutes ago, Swear90 said:

I really liked it, bravo!

Very glad you liked it, thanks a lot! :-)

Edited by Nesret
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Sounds like a cool mixture of metal and punk. The drums could be a tiny bit louder for my taste. But all in all, not bad at all. Good stuff :headbang:

Hey man, thank you very much for listening to it, I'm happy you like it! Appreciate your feedback concerning the drums, I will certainly take a look at that! :-) Now that I'm listening to it again, I also feel they could be a bit louder or stronger.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nesret said:

Hey man, thank you very much for listening to it, I'm happy you like it! Appreciate your feedback concerning the drums, I will certainly take a look at that! :-) Now that I'm listening to it again, I also feel they could be a bit louder or stronger.

I'm no mixing expert, but I dabble a bit with songwriting and stuff, and I've found that when it comes to rock and metal, it's important to give space for bass and drums. They lay the foundation which in turn helps the guitar shine.

But I'm not critizing your song or anything, it's cool stuff :headbang:The thought just came to my mind. 

• Like 1