Dexter: New Blood

AtariLegend

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last night's episode was freaking crazy! Only two more episodes to go! I can't believe it. I really hope SHO decides to renew Dexter for at least another season. This show needs to go on.

Anyway, can't wait for the season finale. I think it's going to be very suspenseful to watch. The police captain is getting to close to who Dexter really is and I don't like it.

I predict that Harrison is gonna disappear her.

I presumed there was going to be a definitive ending to this season and part of me still thinks that is the case. I'll look forward to seeing what happens in the next two episodes, but I have an inkling that Caldwell may get another opportunity to take out either Dexter or Harrison. The last episode was superb!

20 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I predict that Harrison is gonna disappear her.

I think both Dexter and Harrison will be taking care of Kurt pretty soon. lol

They didn't tell the police about the kidnapping and trying to kill them, so Kurt will be on the table before the last episode.

I don't know how they will be able to live in this town after all this shit goes down. I don't think that police chief will stop looking into Dexter's past and that's not good for anyone.

The last episode says "Season finale", so I'm hoping SHO and Michael C. Hall might consider doing more seasons. We can hope.

7 hours ago, Dean said:

I presumed there was going to be a definitive ending to this season and part of me still thinks that is the case. I'll look forward to seeing what happens in the next two episodes, but I have an inkling that Caldwell may get another opportunity to take out either Dexter or Harrison. The last episode was superb!

I'm thinking thinking that both Harrison and Dexter will be dealing with Kurt before the last episode. Fine by me. I just hope that somehow the police find all those missing girls that crazy bastard has been killing for years and no one picked up on it. 

• Like 1

Well, I hope it ends with Dexter and Harrison leaving town during the night. That police chief won't give up on Dexter's past and I don't trust her not to turn him in to the Miami police, so I think they need to leave to be safe. I don't want Dexter going to jail. That would just suck.

But first I think Dexter and Harrison should go back to Kurt's cabin and see where he disappeared to? I think he's got a hidden cellar somewhere and that might be where he buried the other people he's killed. If Dexter finds the other bodies, maybe the chief of police will drop looking into his past.

And finally I want Kurt on Dexter's table and get what's due him.

• Like 1

The show is better than anything they put out since season 4 by a wide mile.

They haven't renewed for another season yet and kept talking before this aired that they wanted to give it a proper ending.

Imo Dexter dying or getting away is just lazy. The only satisfying ending imo is him getting caught (which I assume will happen). Kurt is a villain, but dexter is a bigger one.

I think Batista shows up at the end of the next episode or in the final one and the story ends. Not sure what happens with Harrison, but it would be lazy if he just follows in his father's footsteps. The better story imo is if Harrison isn't a psycho path after all and really was the hero at the school.

I personally just want closure after dedicating so much time to watching this show/story. Death isn't closure unless it involves the police, it's just a cop out and a lazy writing troupe.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

The show is better than anything they put out since season 4 by a wide mile.

They haven't renewed for another season yet and kept talking before this aired that they wanted to give it a proper ending.

Imo Dexter dying or getting away is just lazy. The only satisfying ending imo is him getting caught (which I assume will happen). Kurt is a villain, but dexter is a bigger one.

I think Batista shows up at the end of the next episode or in the final one and the story ends. Not sure what happens with Harrison, but it would be lazy if he just follows in his father's footsteps. The better story imo is if Harrison isn't a psycho path after all and really was the hero at the school.

I personally just want closure after dedicating so much time to watching this show/story. Death isn't closure unless it involves the police, it's just a cop out and a lazy writing troupe.

I disagree about Dexter being a bigger killer than Kurt. Dexter has always killed guilty people who got away with their crimes, Kurt is killing innocent teens for what reason? We haven't been told that yet? I assume since his dad was an abuser of women and he had no mother that's why he is killing runaway teens? That's way worse to me. He's just a sadistic bastard. Dexter has killed guilty bastards who have killed and gotten away with it.

Well, this return has been awesome and I would love for the show to go on. But guess we will find out next Sunday night with the finale.  As for Harrison, he does have a dark side, but will he fully turn killer? Not sure about this one?

• Like 1

How can Dexter be smiling in that last scene while he just found out his house and all his belongings burned down? I'd probably be in total shock for weeks if that happened to me, but he's making breakfast and seems to be laughing. I'm probably nitpicking, but I find those kind of moments always odd.

Edited by EvanG

On 12/31/2021 at 11:29 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I disagree about Dexter being a bigger killer than Kurt.

He literally killed 100's people and not all of them were guilty. He killed the wrong person on more than one occasion and multiple people at different points who never met his code, then just brushed it of over the course of the original 8 series.

He literally looks like he just came after he kills them. All the trophies? The lives he destroyed. He literally has his son disposing of the body parts of that guy and thinks that showing his son how to be a killer like ole dad is quality family bonding. He's a psycho. I think the fact the show went so long, means people don't remember that he didn't just kill serial killers.

Anyway, only one more episode left. I'm thinking Batista shows up again (or hoping). I still kind of hold out hope that Harrison will turn on his dad. He's obviously gonna find out that Dexter killed Trinity before he knew Harrison's mother was dead and realise that Dexter is the reason Trinity targeted her. Unless the writers forgot. 

I just want him to get caught, you know as opposed to killed? How about an ending where the bad guy isn't killed and has to stand trial.

Also this was the best episode of this show since season 4 and one of the darkest episodes ever.

I never saw Dexter as some kind of monster, but last episode, letting his teenage son watch him while he cuts up a body like that, was pretty sick. The most fitting ending is probably if Angela arrests Dexter and he will end up in jail where he belongs. 

3 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

He literally killed 100's people and not all of them were guilty. He killed the wrong person on more than one occasion and multiple people at different points who never met his code, then just brushed it of over the course of the original 8 series.

He literally looks like he just came after he kills them. All the trophies? The lives he destroyed. He literally has his son disposing of the body parts of that guy and thinks that showing his son how to be a killer like ole dad is quality family bonding. He's a psycho. I think the fact the show went so long, means people don't remember that he didn't just kill serial killers.

Anyway, only one more episode left. I'm thinking Batista shows up again (or hoping). I still kind of hold out hope that Harrison will turn on his dad. He's obviously gonna find out that Dexter killed Trinity before he knew Harrison's mother was dead and realise that Dexter is the reason Trinity targeted her. Unless the writers forgot. 

I just want him to get caught, you know as opposed to killed? How about an ending where the bad guy isn't killed and has to stand trial.

Also this was the best episode of this show since season 4 and one of the darkest episodes ever.

Did you see what Kurt did to his kills? Putting them in a box and making them up . that was gross. Dexter killed mostly guilty people and at least disposed of them.

As for showing Harrison how he killed and got rid of the bodies, was his way of showing who is he. Maybe it'll make Harrison think twice about wanting to do what his father does. It's not too late to stop the urge to kill. I'm thinking Harrison may even tell the police about Dexter because next week's last episode shows him getting arrested.

I hope Dexter and Harrison get away and leave that town. If Dexter wants to continue to kill that's not the town to do it in. Not enough guilty criminals.

I really like this show alot and don't want it to end, but I guess it will and then I'll move on. It's fiction, so Michael C. Hall can move on to do other things and I'll do the same with mine.

But I think Kurt is a worse killer than Dexter could ever be.

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I never saw Dexter as some kind of monster, but last episode, letting his teenage son watch him while he cuts up a body like that, was pretty sick. The most fitting ending is probably if Angela arrests Dexter and he will end up in jail where he belongs. 

I think that's what will happen, but Kurt deserved to die and if Dexter gets arrested, I hope he tells Angela where Kurt's victims are so their families can have closure.

Not so sure which way Harrison will go after this?

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

How can Dexter be smiling in that last scene while he just found out his house and all his belongings burned down? I'd probably be in total shock for weeks if that happened to me, but he's making breakfast and seems to be laughing. I'm probably nitpicking, but I find those kind of moments always odd.

Dexter is a whole number animal than the rest of us. Killing is what Dexter does best and he was on a HIGH, so his house burning down wasn't that big a deal for him. He can always re-build his house, but Kurt is over and out.

• Like 1

I liked the show, but not the ending. 

I don't like that he forced his son to kill him. I also would have preferred another episode where he's put on trial in Miami and Batista confronts him. I also kind would have preferred it if she arrested Harrison. 

I get the idea around the father/son dynamic, but Harrison wasn't really that key a part of the original series. I just kind of wanted him to be confronted/forced to confess? He actually didn't actually confess in the end, Harrison is the only one he told the truth to.

Still it was a good show and a better ending than season 8, but I just feel killing him off was a too predictable cliche. 

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

Oh well… :blink: that was not the wished for happy ending.  —What a difference between 2 episodes spaced only 1 week apart… from wowsy (bring me season 2 !!) to ok (thanx 4 the memories) —typical in these covid (rollercoaster) times ;-p

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I don't like that he forced his son to kill him. I also would have preferred another episode where he's put on trial in Miami and Batista confronts him. I also kind would have preferred it if she arrested Harrison. 

I get the idea around the father/son dynamic, but Harrison wasn't really that key a part of the original series. I just kind of wanted him to be confronted/forced to confess? He actually didn't actually confess in the end, Harrison is the only one he told the truth to.

Still it was a good show and a better ending than season 8, but I just feel killing him off was a too predictable cliche. 

I agree. I don't like him making a killer out of his son. If Harrison had just turned him in, he would have gotten a chance at a 'normal' life. Now he'll have this extra trauma of having killed his father and he'll have to be on the run forever. Angela let him go, but I doubt he could just disappear and reappear somewhere else without anyone ever asking questions, especially now it will come out Dexter Morgan was the Bay Harbor Butcher.

Also, it bugs me my boyfriend has been saying Harrison would end up killing Dexter from the beginning and now it turns out he was right all along :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Yeah, but it was either that or get arrested, or still get away with it and start a new life again somewhere else, but that would have been even less realistic. 

Even though I enjoyed this season a lot, I am glad it's over now with a proper ending.

Although I guess they can build a spin-off around Harrison who can't control his urges and becomes Dexter Jr., but I hope they won't.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this series. I unfortunately stumbled across people in the US tweeting about it, so had to watch it when it aired at 3am! I can see why people would be unhappy with not having a fairytale ending, but I thought it was a fitting end to a tremendous build up. 

• Like 1

Didn't like the ending at all.

There's a hint at a another season, but if it's about Harrison in the lead, I could care less about his life. 

I totally understand a parent doing what's right for their kid, but ever since Dexter got married and had kids, his whole purpose in life was out of wack. Yeah, he was responsible for innocent deaths too, but over all The Dexter character was unique and very likable. I will miss that Dexter. This new version not so much.

I'm bummed too that Batistia now knows Dexter was the Bay Harbor butcher.  I never wanted any of those characters to know that. 

Anyway, it's over and one with.

It had a good run, but now it's done.

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, but it was either that or get arrested, or still get away with it and start a new life again somewhere else, but that would have been even less realistic. 

Even though I enjoyed this season a lot, I am glad it's over now with a proper ending.

Although I guess they can build a spin-off around Harrison who can't control his urges and becomes Dexter Jr., but I hope they won't.

Don't want a spin off with Harrison. I don't think this character could be as charming as Dexter was. I wasn't very fond of Harrison at all even when he began to be better with his dad. And please I hope they don't make Dexter his dark passenger partner. I would hate that!

I was glad he wasn't arrested and put to death. That would have been worse.

Felt bad about coach. That was wrong, but Dexter was desperate and that wasn't good. If you're not in control you lose. 

And I hope Angela felt like a failure seeing all those dead girls that died on her watch. She sucked as a sheriff, so she just had to fuck Dexter to feel like she did her job. Too late.

15 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I kept thinking Dexter should have stayed in the Pacific northwest, but it's a show, so lol.

Anyway, I just felt this Dexter version was different somehow.  He was more likable in the original series. 

I still feel that Kurt was a worse serial killer and what he did to those girls/women sucked.

I sitll would like to know how he got Molly when she really felt afraid of him. Should have let us see how he got her and killed her.