The Struts

Gordon Comstock

Anyone else heard their new album yet?

I liked Everybody Wants but wasn't a fan of their last album, Young & Dangerous. The new album Strange Days is pretty good though. The singles were probably my least favourite tracks but there's some solid songs on there.

This song with Tom Morello is pretty good:

This is the closing song and probably my favourite on the album, it's very Stones-influenced:

Their cover of Do You Love Me was fun, too:

29 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@Gordon Comstock,

Yes I have heard it. Am I talking to the champagne is my favorite one. Overall, I like the sound of this album better than the previous two (more raw, less produced). Having said that, Everybody Wants is their best album so far imo.

Am I Talking To The Champagne is my favourite too, it kinda sounds like the Stones meets Fleetwood Mac with the Struts adding their spin to it.

Everybody Wants was a lot better than Young & Dangerous but we'll see how this album ages... I might end up liking Strange Days better than Everybody Wants.

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Am I Talking To The Champagne is my favourite too, it kinda sounds like the Stones meets Fleetwood Mac with the Struts adding their spin to it.

Everybody Wants was a lot better than Young & Dangerous but we'll see how this album ages... I might end up liking Strange Days better than Everybody Wants.

Strange Days rocks more, than their previous two, I really appreciate that. But at the end of the day, it's all about the songs. Kiss this is STILL my favorite song by them, and Could have been me and put your money on me are also solid tracks. But to be honest, I like all 3 of their albums. Young and Dangerous is pretty solid as well. Body Talks and Somebody new are REALLY good songs on that album. The rest of Young and Dangerous is pretty poppy though. 

So far I like all of their albums.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I think it’s cool that the singer is basically Freddie Mercury reborn!

That's the reason I don't like them, he's a total copy of 70s Freddie. Looks and sounds super derivative (instead of being original). Also don't like that the band is basically the Luke show plus some other guys.

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's the reason I don't like them, he's a total copy of 70s Freddie. Looks and sounds super derivative (instead of being original). Also don't like that the band is basically the Luke show plus some other guys.

Yeah, that’s fair. The guitarist has some charisma, but the focus definitely is on Luke all the time, yeah. And while I like him, I agree he could be A LITTLE more original at least.

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, that’s fair. The guitarist has some charisma, but the focus definitely is on Luke all the time, yeah. And while I like him, I agree he could be A LITTLE more original at least.

Like all the interviews are of Luke, when they did the artwork for the song with Paris Jackson it's a photo of her with Luke, not her with the whole band (The Struts ft Paris Jackson). Does anyone even know the other bandmembers' names? I've never seen any press or anything that mentioned them. The Pretty Reckless is heading down the same road too unfortunately (and I really like them).

I saw a pic while back and I thought it was Luke but it was actually Freddie from a show in the 70s. That's a definite sign that he's way too similar.

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize they even had a new record. I'd been listening to the single "Low Key in Love." Definitely gonna check out the new record now. I've seen The Struts a few times live. Always a fun time. First was a Halloween show where they did half the set as Oasis singing Oasis songs. It was a PACKED house. Tons of energy. The other times was opening for Foo Fighters at Wrigley Field and then performing during the day at Riot Fest. Man, I can't wait for live events.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Wow, I didn't realize they even had a new record. I'd been listening to the single "Low Key in Love." Definitely gonna check out the new record now. I've seen The Struts a few times live. Always a fun time. First was a Halloween show where they did half the set as Oasis singing Oasis songs. It was a PACKED house. Tons of energy. The other times was opening for Foo Fighters at Wrigley Field and then performing during the day at Riot Fest. Man, I can't wait for live events.

I remember the guitarist once said in an interview that his favorite band was oasis, so that’s cool to read that they did a whole tribute show to them once!

and for what it’s worth, in that same group interview mentioned above, Luke said that his favorite band was Queen (obviously lol).

• 2 weeks later...