Stonks, Shares, Trading and Other Nonsense

Dazey

6 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I just put £250 into Doge yesterday but i'm in it for the long haul ... If it gets to $1 a coint I would be looking at about 3.5K

Me too. 

I laughed at Bitcoin when it hit $11k years ago. What a fool I am. 

While the odds are not in our favor, it is better than buying a lotto ticket as Mark Cuban said.

I have a $1.5 Call on Sundial. Keep smoking hippies. 

8 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I just put £250 into Doge yesterday but i'm in it for the long haul ... If it gets to $1 a coint I would be looking at about 3.5K

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Me too. 

I laughed at Bitcoin when it hit $11k years ago. What a fool I am. 

While the odds are not in our favor, it is better than buying a lotto ticket as Mark Cuban said.

I have a $1.5 Call on Sundial. Keep smoking hippies. 

Just have fun with it.  Don't fall into the trap of thinking it will go to $1 or even 20 cents.  It's fun to watch it perform but the reality is that it's 100% based on the confidence of it's investors..which means it could crash overnight.  My advice is that if you end up making a profit on it, pull out what you originally invested out of pocket and keep the profit in and have fun with it.   (Unless you're fine with losing everything you invested, then just keep it all in...just remember that this is likely among the most volatile investments in existence....so it will likely move around alot.) 

VGZ (Vista Gold) is a gold and mineral mining company.  They own a mountain in Australia and have determined it contains thousands of tons of gold and other minerals.  The company has no debt and last quarter they turned a profit, which is impressive for a company that trades around $1.  I think this one could do well, especially if they post a good earnings report in a few weeks. 

On 2/10/2021 at 12:29 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

The value in Bitcoin is caused by the limited supply. There will never be more than 21 million bitcoin in the world.

Dogecoin has an unlimited supply, they can just keep "mining" millions of new dogecoins out of thin air and selling them, so it has no real value at all.

It would be much safer (imo) to put your money into the cryptos which have real world value or usage, like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano etc, or even one of the crypto index funds. You won't make Lambo money, but it's more likely that you'll at least make a profit :)

8 days ago I invested £100 into the Bitpanda BCI10 Index as a birthday gift for a friend. It's already worth £118. Not huge returns compared to the dream of turning $0.05 into $1+ like DOGE offers, but 18% in less than a fortnight is still great. Had you put your £250 into the same index you'd have made £45 :headbang:

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 2:06 AM, downliner said:

The value in Bitcoin is caused by the limited supply. There will never be more than 21 million bitcoin in the world.

Dogecoin has an unlimited supply, they can just keep "mining" millions of new dogecoins out of thin air and selling them, so it has no real value at all.

It would be much safer (imo) to put your money into the cryptos which have real world value or usage, like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano etc, or even one of the crypto index funds. You won't make Lambo money, but it's more likely that you'll at least make a profit :)

8 days ago I invested £100 into the Bitpanda BCI10 Index as a birthday gift for a friend. It's already worth £118. Not huge returns compared to the dream of turning $0.05 into $1+ like DOGE offers, but 18% in less than a fortnight is still great. Had you put your £250 into the same index you'd have made £45 :headbang:

Yep.

Also, keep in mind that all crypto could eventually "crash" if the leading nations of the world consider it a "threat".   For example, if a country like China considers it a threat, they could make it completely illegal and just mine it themselves, control it, etc.

If more democratic countries like the U.S. and its allies consider it a threat (because of black market deals, trafficking, etc) they could severely restrict it and buy up most of the supply, etc.  

13 hours ago, Dazey said:

Heck of a morning at the races today! :D I might be able to give up the day job in a year or two. :lol: 

Vcry4RT.jpg 

Care to explain what all this means? :lol: I basically only know that green bars are good and red bars are bad lol.

Is the green line showing where you invested and then sold?

I ended up re-investing the money I withdrew from Crypto the other day :facepalm: Probably not the smartest decision but thought I'd take a gamble and hope it pays off next month.

5 hours ago, willl said:

Care to explain what all this means? :lol: I basically only know that green bars are good and red bars are bad lol.

Is the green line showing where you invested and then sold?

I ended up re-investing the money I withdrew from Crypto the other day :facepalm: Probably not the smartest decision but thought I'd take a gamble and hope it pays off next month.

I'm day trading futures which is a little different from traditional investing. All the bars show is market movement so red and green can both be good or bad depending on whether you've taken long or short positions.  A long position means you buy a contract at a given price and if the market goes up (green bar) you can then sell it back and keep the profit. If you take a short position you basically borrow a contract from the broker, sell if yourself and hope the market goes down (red bar). You then buy it back at the lower price, return it to the broker and pocket the difference in profit.

In reality all that means is if you sell you want a red bar and if you buy you want a green bar. Each horizontal line on the chart is worth $50 per contract in the market I was trading and I've been trading 2 contracts at a time so  I'm basically buying/selling, waiting for the market to move one line in my favour and then cashing out and taking profit. 

"Entry" shows opening a trade with the current market price and number of contracts and "target" is closing a trade and taking profits. Entry at the top is a short position (red bar good) and entry at the bottom is a long position (green bar good).

8U2WYiB.jpg 

• Like 1

The £100 of CHZ coin that I picked up in December 2020  is now worth £675 ;) Have posted about Chiliz a few times in this thread so hope some of you took a look into it and had a punt.

I've gone all in on the Chiliz crypto currency. I now own like 0.01% of the entire CHZ market supply :lol: Might lose it all but wanted to take the chance since it could set me up nicely if it hits $1 or more.

If it crashes then nothing much changes, I'll still be working, I just wont have any savings or an emergency fund for a while. Wish me luck :D

Edited by willl
  • GNFNR 1

Chiliz rocketed today and I made over £10,000 :D That's like 3 months wages in a single day lol! It's still not even 1/5 of the price that I think it will be worth later this year so I'm holding.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I've made £30,000 in the last 4 days with my Chiliz investment. It's showing no signs of slowing down either, they're about to be listed on Binance in Brazil in a few hours :lol:

I bought it at £0.08/CHZ 5 days ago. It's currently at £0.34 per Chili, and still loads of profit to be made as I think it's gonna hit £1/CHZ minimum this year :headbang:

They recently announced a $50 Million expansion into US markets and this shit is gonna blow up if/when they partner with NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and MLS etc. They're also working on a deal to partner with Formula 1, and a lot of us Chiliz investors are starting to push for a WWE partnership too lol.

• GNFNR 1

CHZ is tanking hard. Was nice being loaded for a few days :lol: I think the potential in CHZ is great so I'm not selling, hoping it pumps again with the next partnership announcements & Barca NFTs :)

10 hours ago, willl said:

CHZ is tanking hard. Was nice being loaded for a few days :lol: I think the potential in CHZ is great so I'm not selling, hoping it pumps again with the next partnership announcements & Barca NFTs :)

What exchanges is this available on?

4 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

What exchanges is this available on?

I got it on Bitpanda but it's on others like Binance.

It's not available to buy in the US currently without jumping through hoops from what I've read. You have to use a site called Kucoin and can only buy it using Bitcoins I think?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 1:15 AM, willl said:

You should have taken some profits when it was up so much - especially when you're trading cryptos.

You know what they say:   Bulls make money. Bears make money. And pigs get slaughtered. haha.

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madison said:

You should have taken some profits when it was up so much - especially when you're trading cryptos.

You know what they say:   Bulls make money. Bears make money. And pigs get slaughtered. haha.

Good luck

I've lost a ton of profit and should have definitely cashed out earlier, but I'm still in profit fortunately as I got in so early. It's still going down daily though and it's hard to watch :lol:

Crypto usually picks up in April so hoping CHZ will turn things around with some new partnership deals and it'll go to a new all time high :nervous:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 12:29 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

Did ya hold onto your DOGE? It absolutely pumped the other day to about £0.25 :o

My CHZ investment hit a new ATH yesterday, and today it's crashed back down lol. I'm still not selling, I've doubled down so much on CHZ that I've seriously just applied for a job there :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 5:57 AM, willl said:

Did ya hold onto your DOGE? It absolutely pumped the other day to about £0.25 :o

My CHZ investment hit a new ATH yesterday, and today it's crashed back down lol. I'm still not selling, I've doubled down so much on CHZ that I've seriously just applied for a job there :lol:

Still holding 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 6:51 AM, willl said:

I've made £30,000 in the last 4 days with my Chiliz investment. It's showing no signs of slowing down either, they're about to be listed on Binance in Brazil in a few hours :lol:

I bought it at £0.08/CHZ 5 days ago. It's currently at £0.34 per Chili, and still loads of profit to be made as I think it's gonna hit £1/CHZ minimum this year :headbang:

They recently announced a $50 Million expansion into US markets and this shit is gonna blow up if/when they partner with NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and MLS etc. They're also working on a deal to partner with Formula 1, and a lot of us Chiliz investors are starting to push for a WWE partnership too lol.

Lend us a fiver 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

Still holding 

DOGE now costs more than CHZ, what the fuck? :lol: I made a bit of profit on DOGE but definitely sold far too soon.