Slash, Myles, and pals Album 4 Thread

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

He did that at a show I was at. I wonder if that was it or if he just likes doing that

I don't remember which show it was, but it was from 2010. I don't think he's told that joke too often, but he could've done it a few times on that tour.

Seems Axl sees the writing on the wall in regards to major tours not returning in 2021, which gives him at least one more year to hoard music. I'm sure he's already working on new excuses to prevent a 2022 release assuming things are back to normal then.

As much as i hoped wouldnt happen but felt SMKC would look to be releasing new music before guns. Once concerts resume i wonder if Guns touring schedule will be the priority around SMKC touring dates or the other way around.

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

As much as i hoped wouldnt happen but felt SMKC would look to be releasing new music before guns. Once concerts resume i wonder if Guns touring schedule will be the priority around SMKC touring dates or the other way around.

As long as Guns are playing the bigger venues they will remain the priority act

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

As long as Guns are playing the bigger venues they will remain the priority act

Yup. Slash will always put GNR first, if nothing else for money and the name. Him doing another SMKC record/tour just means Axl can't be bothered to do anything creative 

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yup. Slash will always put GNR first, if nothing else for money and the name. Him doing another SMKC record/tour just means Axl can't be bothered to do anything creative 

This 👍

16 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I don't give this a like, because I don't like it but you are completely right.

That's odd. The article says:

On Sunday (October 18), Kerns took to his Instagram to write, in part: "Lots of new music coming. New @officialalterbridge coming next month. A new @officialmyleskennedy solo album in 2021 plus SMKC4. New @toquerocks New @minefieldusa NEW MUSIC! That's what it's all about.

But the actual post says:

Lots of new music coming. New @officialalterbridge coming next month. A new @officialmyleskennedy solo album in 2021. New @toquerocks New @minefieldusa NEW MUSIC! That’s what it’s all about.

Did Todd change his post? Spoken too soon?

I mean we know how these guys work.  There's always going to be another album down the road, especially when COVID halts the touring industry.  No point keeping it a secret now that a new album can be currently in the works.  Doesn't have to be released now, but it's nice to keep people in the loop on what to expect.

14 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Why did he edit It?

Probably wasn't supposed to say anything publicly yet. Although Meegan posted that pic of Todd and Slash together and in the comments confirmed that they were working on a new record, but honestly you could kind of figure that out before she had said anything. Todd had posted something before that saying that he was in LA working on stuff and I knew that SMKC had to be one of those things.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably wasn't supposed to say anything publicly yet. Although Meegan posted that pic of Todd and Slash together and in the comments confirmed that they were working on a new record, but honestly you could kind of figure that out before she had said anything. Todd had posted something before that saying that he was in LA working on stuff and I knew that SMKC had to be one of those things.

It's not a secret that the work on the next SMKC record has begun, even Slash himself announced it. I think it's more about the specification on 2021. Due to Covid nobody knows when normality returns. A possible GNR Tour would push a SMKC record back into 2022 easily. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe he wasn't expecting so much attention or scrutiny from mentioning the new album. It is the last thing many GnR fans wanted to hear. For me personally I'm always happy to know new SMKC is on the way. 

53 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's not a secret that the work on the next SMKC record has begun, even Slash himself announced it. I think it's more about the specification on 2021. Due to Covid nobody knows when normality returns. A possible GNR Tour would push a SMKC record back into 2022 easily. 

Maybe

16 minutes ago, baje said:

Maybe he wasn't expecting so much attention or scrutiny from mentioning the new album. It is the last thing many GnR fans wanted to hear. For me personally I'm always happy to know new SMKC is on the way. 

Yeah I think if blabbermouth etc hadn't reported on it then Todd wouldn't have edited it. I'm always happy to hear about new SMKC too.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 31illusions said:

I thought the last album was lame with exception of a few cool riffs. Didn't like it and I got it for free.

Yeah, it was listenable but it didn't grab me like AL and WoF. 

I think Slow Grind and Read Between the Lines were the best of the bunch

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

RBTL is great. Probably because there's really catchy rnr chorus and Myles singing really low in verses.

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, it was listenable but it didn't grab me like AL and WoF. 

I think Slow Grind and Read Between the Lines were the best of the bunch

I think RBTL isn't very popular here but while I don't think it's the best song on the album, it's one of the best rockers for sure with a great solo.