Slash, Myles, and pals Album 4 Thread

ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would be ok with that.

Even though SMKC doesn't bring the money like GnR he would do a longer tour with them if he knew that he would be free for that time. 18 months or however long. At the same time he knows when it's been long enough and time to start working on the next record. He's not going to do an endless tour of the same exact thing like GnR has.

I'm not saying Axl doesn't have a work ethic, because he clearly does when he's out touring fairly constant for 4yrs... but his idea of how to operate is clearly still miles apart from Slash. Slash would still like to just go in the studio and work with gnr just he does with SMKC... Axl likes to record, think about it, get opinions, change his mind re-record and repeat. What Soash does in 4 weeks is a full album, Axl would still be trying to get a certain drum sound for a song. 

Why things won't fall a part is Slash goes off and does his own thing, it's just a cherry on top for guns to release sinerh8ng while he's there.

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would be ok with that.

Even though SMKC doesn't bring the money like GnR he would do a longer tour with them if he knew that he would be free for that time. 18 months or however long. At the same time he knows when it's been long enough and time to start working on the next record. He's not going to do an endless tour of the same exact thing like GnR has.

It's like how it should be and how it shouldn't be.

With SMKC he shows us how a healthy band works, while he uses GNR as counter example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

A few seconds from upcoming album (haven't seen that even though it's a week old already)

https://www.facebook.com/SlashFrance/videos/708593383150145

I hear Back and Forth Again here and there :p 

Damn, the instrumentals sound very promising every time. From what I can tell from this snippet is, that it's exactly what I want to hear from Slash :headbang:

On 2/19/2021 at 4:31 PM, DurhamGirl said:

'Now that Guns n Roses ...I HAVE to do that'  Sounds really enthusiastic :wacko:

Exactly my take on that, too.  GNR is dead.  

Even when GNR tours it's a half-hearted cash grab.  Anything they put out in the studio (if ever!) will suck: Axl's voice is shit, and the band has no chemistry.  Not to mention, they won't be writing from a place of passion...I mean, they're all 50+ millionaires now.  They're no longer in their 20's trying to scrape by or make it big.  Just won't be NEARLY as good no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 5:01 AM, vloors said:

I think that person who said "hi" needs more rasp

That's Meegan

On 3/20/2021 at 9:29 PM, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Has anyone been looking at Slash's TikTok? Good chunk of behind the scenes stuff.

Yeah I love that he's keeping us updated on their progress, unlike a certain other band.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's Meegan

Yeah I love that he's keeping us updated on their progress, unlike a certain other band.

Yea i know its her lol 

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's Meegan

Inagine if slash had total control and ran gnr and Axl was normal. We would be so blessed. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:57 PM, Frankfurt93 said:

as I said before...

goes t prove what they have is not on the level with GNR 1987-91, and they won't release any junk.

The longer this goes for, the bigger the leverage Iz will get that call about bigger share

What? I think you're in the wrong thread.

• 1 month later...

For Slash's standards a long time has passed by since he gave us the last update for the upcoming album. I hope it's still the plan to release it this year. I mean, I haven't even hear anything about Myles and if he's already involved in the recording process or if he's working on the material at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not, otherwise we'd have heard the news, I guess.

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

For Slash's standards a long time has passed by since he gave us the last update for the upcoming album. I hope it's still the plan to release it this year. I mean, I haven't even hear anything about Myles and if he's already involved in the recording process or if he's working on the material at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not, otherwise we'd have heard the news, I guess.

Myles just released a solo album and GNR have some shows in a couple months, so I'm expecting this album to drop in the last quarter of this year at the earliest.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Myles just released a solo album and GNR have some shows in a couple months, so I'm expecting this album to drop in the last quarter of this year at the earliest.

That were my thoughts too but then I saw the other topic with the setlist. Either these are working titles or Myles put already vocals on them.

I think they won't release anything without the possibility of touring it right away, but who knows.

I'm kind of shocked it's already done! 

E2h91LvX0AEjKxJ?format=jpg&name=large

E2h91Z4XIAEIh34?format=jpg&name=medium

On first photo you can see the new SMKC logo, on first look it's almost the same as Apocalyptic Love period one, but at closer look it has different font and shape. On second photo in right bottom you can see the setlist we were talking about in other thread, it means they will actually play a gig there and release it somehow.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1