New Smkc album slated for 2021, delay for GNR album ?

I read yesterday how Todd Kerns said that a new smkc album is coming out in 2021 which means a tour as well . 

i’m guessing this means no new guns album until at least 2022 or 2023. 

do you think they just don’t have the material? What’s the hold up? 

I know tickets weren’t selling well for the stadium tour that was planned that was canceled due to Covid. From what I read it was not an extension of the ‘not in this lifetime‘ tour but a new tour on its own . Not sure what the tour was supporting ? It’s not a reunion tour anymore. And there was no new album being promoted... ?

GNR should take a cue from Metallica on how they run their band, those guys do things right .

Not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but the forum has been dead lately and the posts are getting weirder and weirder lol so at least this is something to talk about 

• Like 3
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starts with A. Ends with xl.

People like Axl have not been up to date on how anything regarding media or fan interaction works. He's still living in the 90s on a business standpoint and how people are consuming music in these day

CD as a whole is a better (no pun intended) album than the Use Your Fillers double album that should have been one.

Well the first show of the 'new tour' featured the exact same setlist as the 'old tour', which should  tell you most of what you need to know. 

There will always be a reason to be found to 'delay' any new album, just like there is a reason to put off anything in life that you have little intention of doing. 

• Like 4

There won't ever be a new guns album. It's been 12 years since the last, and you're being strung along believing so. The money is in the touring, a hits tour will bring in more money than a new album (that will quickly be forgotten)tour, these guys aren't 30 any more.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

Even IF there was a Guns album in the can. Even if this years tour was supposed to promote it. That still doesnt mean it will ever come out! And my impression is that no one person in the camp could say why. I think the ship it set up to allow a wide berth for behaviours and choices that we dont know about and wouldnt understand them if we did.

Im looking forward to a new SMKC (despite that being the cringiest name in rock history!). Franks licks on Driving Rain are very promising for the future of the collaborations! Also, Slash might have gotten fired up with the Guns mojo and directed those new riffs towards SMKC after realizing that Axl is still Axl? Could be very cool!! :headbang:

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

There won't ever be a new guns album. It's been 12 years since the last, and you're being strung along believing so. The money is in the touring, a hits tour will bring in more money than a new album (that will quickly be forgotten)tour, these guys aren't 30 any more.

Is there any other band out there that indefinitely tours a "hits tour" without ever releasing new material? I can't think of one. It has literally zero artistic integrity. All other bands release new music and still tour the "hits" for joe punter but throw in the occasional new song to keep the hardcore fan interested, all while maintaining both interest in their indefinite hits tour and their artistic integrity. 

SMKC may not be life changing genre defining, but it's good old fashioned rnfnr played well. What's not to love. WOF was amazing. More of that please.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Sadly, I think money takes priority over music in the GNR camp . And as others have mentioned , touring a greatest hits set list with no new album to promote shows lack of artistic integrity . 

I can’t stand SMKC either. I literally can’t name one song or remember one riff or melody off of any of their albums. I bought them all, listen to them once and then never again. Boring, generic, pop rock. Reminds me of Journey but without the great songwriting or soul .

I liked those leaks that came out by the late 90s/early 2000s era of NuGNR much more than anything SMKC has put out .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Is there any other band out there that indefinitely tours a "hits tour" without ever releasing new material? I can't think of one. It has literally zero artistic integrity. All other bands release new music and still tour the "hits" for joe punter but throw in the occasional new song to keep the hardcore fan interested, all while maintaining both interest in their indefinite hits tour and their artistic integrity. 

SMKC may not be life changing genre defining, but it's good old fashioned rnfnr played well. What's not to love. WOF was amazing. More of that please.

Kiss, but they have about 15 albums in their back catalogue and they're 70 so it's ok. Plus whether you like them or not, there live stage show is amazing and you probably could watch it every 2 years and have a great time. GnR released 3 and 1/2 albums over 35 years and toured the same setlist since 2009 with less and less enthusiasm or persona/charisma since 2017. But aside from that there aren't many other bands that just go through the motions like Axl. After all, it is him that is stopping this. 

30 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Do we know for sure he said that?

All rumor. Those in the camp have confirmed things are happening. There is more info now from multiple sources regarding new music than we had previously in the 2011/14 era and despite how difficult the band make it for fans, I’m optimistic. Let’s see what happens.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Muddy said:

I read yesterday how Todd Kerns said that a new smkc album is coming out in 2021 which means a tour as well . 

i’m guessing this means no new guns album until at least 2022 or 2023. 

do you think they just don’t have the material? What’s the hold up? 

I know tickets weren’t selling well for the stadium tour that was planned that was canceled due to Covid. From what I read it was not an extension of the ‘not in this lifetime‘ tour but a new tour on its own . Not sure what the tour was supporting ? It’s not a reunion tour anymore. And there was no new album being promoted... ?

GNR should take a cue from Metallica on how they run their band, those guys do things right .

Not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but the forum has been dead lately and the posts are getting weirder and weirder lol so at least this is something to talk about 

I think Axl is simply a hoarder. He needs an intervention at this point.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

According to Matt's book yes.

2 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Yes, this is what I was referring to. 

To be fair - just because it was in his book alongside some other dubious stuff doesn’t give credence to being true. It totally could be but I’m thinking it’s been taken out of context.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - just because it was in his book alongside some other dubious stuff doesn’t give credence to being true. It totally could be but I’m thinking it’s been taken out of context.

Out of context? Matt was crystal clear with what he said. And if it’s not true, Slash is free to dispute Matt’s take. 

4 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Out of context? Matt was crystal clear with what he said. And if it’s not true, Slash is free to dispute Matt’s take. 

Maybe he wanted to get Matt off his back, both Duff and Slash knew dealing with Sorum was gonna be a pain in the ass regarding his none inclusion on it as we can tell by reading the book. 

Edited by Walapino

According to Mark Tremonti, Alter Bridge will be back out touring as soon as COVID is over. As well as Myles’s solo album coming out in 2021 too I’m not sure how he’ll have time for Slash assuming they intend to tour on the back of a new release. http://www.niwyiben.com/interviews/interview-with-mark-tremonti-of-alter-bridge-sept-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3dvbNwIOInDocToIO5irUlsIh1sMQDyKQSmTTrJ0Sj0YlOZvDKBOGs3P8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Dean said:

All rumor. Those in the camp have confirmed things are happening. There is more info now from multiple sources regarding new music than we had previously in the 2011/14 era and despite how difficult the band make it for fans, I’m optimistic. Let’s see what happens.

This is where I’m at. Too many positive pointers although the wait is excruciating! Plenty other bands and GNR-related stuff to keep me busy in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Thing is - Slash won’t get involved in a slanging match (not his style) so we won’t ever know for sure. My thoughts are it’s either a case of Slash trying to appease Matt during said conversation or it’s just been totally embellished. Slash has always wanted back in to GNR so I think it’s more than a gig to him.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

According to Mark Tremonti, Alter Bridge will be back out touring as soon as COVID is over. As well as Myles’s solo album coming out in 2021 too I’m not sure how he’ll have time for Slash assuming they intend to tour on the back of a new release. http://www.niwyiben.com/interviews/interview-with-mark-tremonti-of-alter-bridge-sept-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3dvbNwIOInDocToIO5irUlsIh1sMQDyKQSmTTrJ0Sj0YlOZvDKBOGs3P8

I guess Myles could be comfortable with having Slash and Kerns be the primary songwriters for this album, including lyrics? Maybe even some Kerns lead vocals here and there?

I like Kerns old tunes. Ugly gets stuck in my head a lot.

And yeah, true they might not intend to tour it.

• Like 1

I think the only way logistically (assuming there is a GNR record ready to go - big assumption I know!) is ifGuns release their album early next year as does Myles his solo album. Guns and Alter Bridge continue their tours ASAP with Myles slotting in solo shows where he can. SMKC release the end of 2021 with Slash touring into 2022.