New Smkc album slated for 2021, delay for GNR album ?

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Acting like every rumor is fact? :lol: ok, then. If you think for one second that the semi reunion is about anything other than money you’re fooling yourself. NuGnR was a theater act by the time Axl came to his senses.

Matt is one of two people in the conversation he wrote about, so I am going to take his word for it on this one.

Regarding NITL, there have been many reports regarding the financing. Are these to be taken as facts without confirmation? Nope. But they sure seem to make sense when out together. Just my opinion....

You know... it doesn't matter what I believe and what I don't. Everybody has an opinion but to think you know something for certain just because you read some speculations about it on the internet, tells more about you then about me :thumbsup:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starts with A. Ends with xl.

People like Axl have not been up to date on how anything regarding media or fan interaction works. He's still living in the 90s on a business standpoint and how people are consuming music in these day

CD as a whole is a better (no pun intended) album than the Use Your Fillers double album that should have been one.

27 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You know... it doesn't matter what I believe and what I don't. Everybody has an opinion but to think you know something for certain just because you read some speculations about it on the internet, tells more about you then about me :thumbsup:

Superiority complex much? :lol: 

7 hours ago, action said:

"spaghetti" was the last guns n roses album.

"chinese" is no more a guns n roses album than "aint life grand". Just because Axl calls it guns n roses does not mean we should accept the illusion. It's a solo album, and not a very good one at that. There is some very convoluted music on that, it doesnt even sound like guns n roses. Spaghetti sounds more like guns n roses, and that was all covers (the reason being, Izzy was not in the band anymore).

Without Izzy to help songwriting, you are deluded to expect anything WORTHY of the guns n roses brand to release ever again.

There is no gold at the end of the rainbow, it's all an illusion. But we like to think there is, to give purpose to our lives.

I get where you are coming from, but Chinese Democracy was a Guns N' Roses album. Just because you don't see the lineup behind it as your ideal version of GN'R, doesn't mean it's not a GN'R record. 

Someone could say Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 are not Star Wars movies because Disney didn't use George's outlines for the sequel trilogy. As much as I felt they were weaker Star Wars movies, they are still Star Wars movies, regardless of my feelings towards them.

The next GN'R album will probably be heavily based on CD era stuff, with Slash having a role probably a little more involved than Bumblefoot did on the CD stuff he contributed to for the 2008 GN'R album.

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I get where you are coming from, but Chinese Democracy was a Guns N' Roses album. Just because you don't see the lineup behind it as your ideal version of GN'R, doesn't mean it's not a GN'R record. 

Someone could say Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 are not Star Wars movies because Disney didn't use George's outlines for the sequel trilogy. As much as I felt they were weaker Star Wars movies, they are still Star Wars movies, regardless of my feelings towards them.

The next GN'R album will probably be heavily based on CD era stuff, with Slash having a role probably a little more involved than Bumblefoot did on the CD stuff he contributed to for the 2008 GN'R album.

Why do you feel the need to argue every single time someone says Chinese is not Guns? This is a thread about the upcoming SMKC album. 

21 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Why so agro, bro? Try to lighten up and enjoy this short life we have :shrugs:

What makes you feel I'm agro? Because somebody on the internet doesn't agree with me? Nah, I'm far away from being agro :lol:

25 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

chinese democracy was axl's vision, through and through. it's Axl + additional musicians. not guns n roses.

15 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

This is a thread about the upcoming SMKC album. 

Someone else started it.

6 minutes ago, action said:

chinese democracy was axl's vision, through and through. it's Axl + additional musicians. not guns n roses.

It is though. You can deny it all you want.

19 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Always up for whatever Slash has to offer. Sometimes I love it, sometimes not, but it's always worth checking out and even on his least-inspired albums (Libertad for example), there's still a handful of keepers.

Slash, unlike Axl, remains an artist.

Agreed. Even though my excitement for Slash solo work has plummeted since WOF, I agree with everything you said

31 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

What makes you feel I'm agro? Because somebody on the internet doesn't agree with me? Nah, I'm far away from being agro :lol:

All good man. Just a difference of opinion.  

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Someone else started it.

It is though. You can deny it all you want.

Not a single CD song as it was released is worthy as a follow up to UYI. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

CD as a whole is a better (no pun intended) album than the Use Your Fillers double album that should have been one.

Lol, says you and about 100 other people. The other 99.99999999% of the world seems to disagree with you but carry on. 

On topic, I wouldn’t mind Slash doing another solo album with a variety of singers. I get why it probably doesn’t make sense at this time, so I’ll just enjoy the music he will be releasing under SMKC. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Oh it's probably more than that. CD has not aged well. 

You just have to listen to all the layers, man. They’re so epic and progressive :jerkoff:

• Haha 2

I just read this last page and I wanted to read something about SMKC so please, admins/moderators, can we stay on the fucking topic!

fuck your CD, UYI, TSI and other fucking  statements and comparisons - they all have their own million topics!

55 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If there's anything on the Illusion albums, or anything of the entire GNR catalogue, that gets surpassed by CD, than it's My World :lol:

38 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

If there's anything on the Illusion albums, or anything of the entire GNR catalogue, that gets surpassed by CD, than it's My World :lol:

My World would have been a hit with Pitman! :D

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

On topic, I wouldn’t mind Slash doing another solo album with a variety of singers. I get why it probably doesn’t make sense at this time, so I’ll just enjoy the music he will be releasing under SMKC. 

Johnny Winter / SRV style blues album with kick ass solos and his old tone back. That's what he should do next. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That's very true......also (and I could be remembering this wrong) isn't the 'it's just a gig' quote attributed to Duff rather than Slash?  

11 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I was 99% sure it was Slash. Duffs ‘controversial comments’ seem to be related to Frank.

That's correct.

11 hours ago, soon said:

What if thats not possible?

Then they'll delay release of the album until they can tour. That's why LTD came out in fall 2018 instead of the summer.

Well, today marks 12 years CD was released. At least we have that lol.

But in all seriousness, I do still have faith some song or two (not a full album) will be released before/whenever their tour restarts🤘🏻

On 10/21/2020 at 6:00 PM, JimiRose said:

Kiss, but they have about 15 albums in their back catalogue and they're 70 so it's ok. Plus whether you like them or not, there live stage show is amazing and you probably could watch it every 2 years and have a great time. GnR released 3 and 1/2 albums over 35 years and toured the same setlist since 2009 with less and less enthusiasm or persona/charisma since 2017. But aside from that there aren't many other bands that just go through the motions like Axl. After all, it is him that is stopping this. 

Kiss has released two albums since Chinese Democracy came out though, and they still play one or two songs from those records in each show

• Like 1