New Smkc album slated for 2021, delay for GNR album ?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starts with A. Ends with xl.

People like Axl have not been up to date on how anything regarding media or fan interaction works. He's still living in the 90s on a business standpoint and how people are consuming music in these day

CD as a whole is a better (no pun intended) album than the Use Your Fillers double album that should have been one.

Hate to say it, but I wish the band would do one final leg of touring and just disband on a high note. Invite Steven, Matt, Gilby, and Izzy for some shows and call it a day. An album is obviously not coming,  and I'd rather Slash have more time devoted to his so efforts. He actually puts out records unlike Axl. Not even hating on Axl anymore, Axl is Axl. He's gonna do his thing, and Slash should be free of it to do his. Hope 2021/2022 is the final farewell.

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, pugachev said:

Hate to say it, but I wish the band would do one final leg of touring and just disband on a high note. Invite Steven, Matt, Gilby, and Izzy for some shows and call it a day. An album is obviously not coming,  and I'd rather Slash have more time devoted to his so efforts. He actually puts out records unlike Axl. Not even hating on Axl anymore, Axl is Axl. He's gonna do his thing, and Slash should be free of it to do his. Hope 2021/2022 is the final farewell.

Maybe that would be the best at this point. 

2 hours ago, pugachev said:

I agree. If they're not going to do another album then just get the other guys together for one last run (and get rid of Frank, Fortus, and Melissa for it). Maybe even invite Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, etc for guest spots. Then Slash can focus on SMKC and regularly put out new music there.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
2 hours ago, pugachev said:

I totally agree. I don't want to see this continued to be flogged to death if it isn't moving forward or changing. Why would anyone? Surely no-one wants to see the same thing over and over getting weaker and weaker? 

Look to the future, or leave good memories now. 

I also think they should hang it up... The reunion was cool for a minute but it was so half assed.. This lineup is just weak.. Fortus, Frank and Melissa just give it a stale vibe.. If Axl was awesome it would be easier to get over the Karaoke band vibe but he isn't.. He sounds like crap and looks like crap. I haven't been a fan of the dude  since about 2001 so I am not sure why expected anything better.  Wishful thinking I suppose.. He was "good enough" to  make it work in 2016 but not anymore.  Maybe if the band was better it would be easier to get by his shortcomings.. Get any combination of Izzy, Steven, Matt or Gibly back.. Do a farewell tour and call it a day.. Maybe Axl would be inspired to be playing with Izzy and perform better.. Who knows..

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
On 10/22/2020 at 1:05 PM, DTJ80 said:

I was 99% sure it was Slash. Duffs ‘controversial comments’ seem to be related to Frank.

I know Matt has his history with GNR and talks with Slash/Duff... but he's an egomaniac! and Slash and Duff know that full well. They are not confiding in Matt about not being happy in GNR 2016-present. He is not clued about GNR at all, backed up with how he found out about the reunion the same day we did.

Matts pissed to this day that he didn't get asked for a spot in the NITL band, he proved how pissy he is by unfollowing Slash and Duff after the announcement. He put bullshit claims in his book A) because he was pissed B) because he needed something juicy to get some headlines... unfortunately he and his publishers have completely bungled the release of the book😄 If Matt could sit back and JUST play the drums he might have managed to get a guest spot, he can't and that's why the big 3 have given him a wide birth! I'd sleep soundly if I was Frank:frank:

As for SMKC, there's almost no chance of a tour in 2021... apart from the problem of the virus holding dates hostage until mid summer... at the earliest, Myles is far too busy with solo stuff and AB... the record will likely come out though and in 2022 there might be a bit of a tour, but it's not going to be months long as Slash will be busy with GNR, who even without a new album will be touring heavily to make up for being stuck at home due to the pandemic.

AFD5 is the only way. Just go out with class.

The idea of a Fortus / Melissa / Frank GNR album with a 60 y.o. Axl is just.... how could it possibly be good! I mean if they wanted to do it, if they had something to say, I'd reserve judgement, but... I think Axl/DC might have been Axl's way of settling his legacy with himself. 

With GNR it feels like Axl just likes to be the boss of a pleasant, benign corporation. They may as a well be selling rotisserie chickens. I just want Slash to crank out as much guitar in the next 10 years as possible, before the 80's start to catch up with him -- whatever the venue, whatever the band. 

GET IT ON TAPE, SAUL! LET'S GO!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I know Matt has his history with GNR and talks with Slash/Duff... but he's an egomaniac! and Slash and Duff know that full well. They are not confiding in Matt about not being happy in GNR 2016-present. He is not clued about GNR at all, backed up with how he found out about the reunion the same day we did.

Matts pissed to this day that he didn't get asked for a spot in the NITL band, he proved how pissy he is by unfollowing Slash and Duff after the announcement. He put bullshit claims in his book A) because he was pissed B) because he needed something juicy to get some headlines... unfortunately he and his publishers have completely bungled the release of the book😄 If Matt could sit back and JUST play the drums he might have managed to get a guest spot, he can't and that's why the big 3 have given him a wide birth! I'd sleep soundly if I was Frank:frank:

As for SMKC, there's almost no chance of a tour in 2021... apart from the problem of the virus holding dates hostage until mid summer... at the earliest, Myles is far too busy with solo stuff and AB... the record will likely come out though and in 2022 there might be a bit of a tour, but it's not going to be months long as Slash will be busy with GNR, who even without a new album will be touring heavily to make up for being stuck at home due to the pandemic.

Absolutely agree mate. Dunno if you meant to quote someone else though? I didn’t mention SMKC...unless I am losing the plot....?! 🤔😂

Agree but with the caveat only if there are no plans to release a new album imminently and regualry into the future. IF and I know this seems silly, if axl was gonna release 3 new albums over the next 5 years with this  incarnation plus the UYI and CD reissues, then tour away GnR. However we know that's not gonna happen. So I'd take an original 5 summer reunion world tour. 30/40 shows. And done. Then I just have to outlive Axl and wait for TB to release the vault to capitalise on every penny they can. Sad but true.

13 hours ago, pugachev said:

5 hours ago, Ant said:

The idea of a Fortus / Melissa / Frank GNR album with a 60 y.o. Axl is just.... how could it possibly be good!

Seriously.. I have almost zero interest in that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Ant said:

The idea of a Fortus / Melissa / Frank GNR album with a 60 y.o. Axl is just.... how could it possibly be good!

I've heard some of Melissa's music, not really GNR style. But for the life of me I don't recall ever hearing Fortus write anything. What songs has he created?

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

I've heard some of Melissa's music, not really GNR style. But for the life of me I don't recall ever hearing Fortus write anything. What songs has he created?

he did the 2nd Dead Dasies album, which was just sounded like a jam band based on classic blues rock tropes, so I doubt much effort needed to be put into it.

On "Better", he wrote the chorus riff ("now i know you better" riff), although its a bit obscured by Bumblefoots overlayed guitar, but you can hear it on the old leaks way better, thats about it tbh.

He did the Love Split Love stuff back in the 90s (of which ive never heard)

so pretty much:shrugs:

13 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Absolutely agree mate. Dunno if you meant to quote someone else though? I didn’t mention SMKC...unless I am losing the plot....?! 🤔😂

No the SMKC weigh in on the main topic of the thread. Mygnr needs to hear what I have to say on the matter 😄

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

he did the 2nd Dead Dasies album, which was just sounded like a jam band based on classic blues rock tropes, so I doubt much effort needed to be put into it.

On "Better", he wrote the chorus riff ("now i know you better" riff), although its a bit obscured by Bumblefoots overlayed guitar, but you can hear it on the old leaks way better, thats about it tbh.

He did the Love Split Love stuff back in the 90s (of which ive never heard)

so pretty much:shrugs:

He said he did more, and that in the later copies of the album he has more credits. I think the Better riff is the only one I've specifically heard him reference though so I assume that's the only major one. Not exactly the greatest riff, but it served its purpose!

32 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

No the SMKC weigh in on the main topic of the thread. Mygnr needs to hear what I have to say on the matter 😄

I lose track of the threads I’m posting on TBF 🤣. And quite right - say your piece on the matter!

Edited by DTJ80

hmm, you know how everybody gets a side project to put out when they think GNR is going to put something out and it will help support it?  They're going for 2021?  May not mean shit either, everybody has had a lot of time on their hands.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

hmm, you know how everybody gets a side project to put out when they think GNR is going to put something out and it will help support it?  They're going for 2021?  May not mean shit either, everybody has had a lot of time on their hands.

True, everyone's stuck at home with nothing but time to create. I expect next year every artist will put out their best albums ever, with all they've written during lockdown.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

True, everyone's stuck at home with nothing but time to create. I expect next year every artist will put out their best albums ever, with all they've written during lockdown.

We could get some books too.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Even I'm putting out some music next year.

14 hours ago, moreblack said:

He only knows how to promote ugly guitars on instagram

Edited by StayofExecution2020

Slash is the type of a guy who probably wouldn't be against an online event - if they release a new record and aren't able to tour it, they could make live gigs online. Something Guns would never do IMO.