Jump to content

New Smkc album slated for 2021, delay for GNR album ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starts with A. Ends with xl.

People like Axl have not been up to date on how anything regarding media or fan interaction works. He's still living in the 90s on a business standpoint and how people are consuming music in these day

CD as a whole is a better (no pun intended) album than the Use Your Fillers double album that should have been one.

This will make two SMKC albums, a solo duff album and walking papers album, both participating heavily in Ozzy's album, and a fortus produced psychedelic furs album, a functionally entire album's worth of CD session leaks, a boxset and a greatest hits re-release, all before a lick of new original music from the reunited GNR.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 4:24 AM, action said:

"spaghetti" was the last guns n roses album.

"chinese" is no more a guns n roses album than "aint life grand". Just because Axl calls it guns n roses does not mean we should accept the illusion. It's a solo album, and not a very good one at that. There is some very convoluted music on that, it doesnt even sound like guns n roses. Spaghetti sounds more like guns n roses, and that was all covers (the reason being, Izzy was not in the band anymore).

Without Izzy to help songwriting, you are deluded to expect anything WORTHY of the guns n roses brand to release ever again.

There is no gold at the end of the rainbow, it's all an illusion. But we like to think there is, to give purpose to our lives.

 

Speak for yourself, brah. I love Chinese Democracy and would put it as my third favorite GNR record behind Appetite and Use Your Illusion 2.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Speak for yourself, brah. I love Chinese Democracy and would put it as my third favorite GNR record behind Appetite and Use Your Illusion 2.

in that case, "a night at the opera" is my second favorite guns n roses album, behind appetite

  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 8:38 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I also think they should hang it up... The reunion was cool for a minute but it was so half assed.. This lineup is just weak.. Fortus, Frank and Melissa just give it a stale vibe.. If Axl was awesome it would be easier to get over the Karaoke band vibe but he isn't.. He sounds like crap and looks like crap. I haven't been a fan of the dude  since about 2001 so I am not sure why expected anything better.  Wishful thinking I suppose.. He was "good enough" to  make it work in 2016 but not anymore.  Maybe if the band was better it would be easier to get by his shortcomings.. Get any combination of Izzy, Steven, Matt or Gibly back.. Do a farewell tour and call it a day.. Maybe Axl would be inspired to be playing with Izzy and perform better.. Who knows..

To think I gave you so much shit in 2016 due to my own excitement lol

Don't get me wrong, the fact that I got this we Slash, Axl, and Duff together multiple times is awesome and I'm grateful, but you are right that it could have been a lot better. Oh well, at least Axl was good in 2016. One good thing about them going on is that new, younger fans can see them for the first time I guess

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, action said:

in that case, "a night at the opera" is my second favorite guns n roses album, behind appetite

I, I, I can't even... 

I know I shouldn’t bite on this but it's been 12 years. All of us, including you, know that CD is an album released under the GN'R name. You don't have to like that fact, or the album itself for that matter, but these kinds of comments are played out to the degree that it's just pathetic at this point.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see Slash and the Conspirators dropping a new record whenever. Not even necessarily waiting to be able to tour it. I can also see Guns deciding to pretend they want to wait till 2022 to release a new album because of the new excuse: crowded 2021 release calendar. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I, I, I can't even... 

I know I shouldn’t bite on this but it's been 12 years. All of us, including you, know that CD is an album released under the GN'R name. You don't have to like that fact, or the album itself for that matter, but these kinds of comments are played out to the degree that it's just pathetic at this point.

I think the trouble with CD is, it sounds like exactly 1/5 of a Guns N Roses record. Axl's DNA is all over it and it simply isn't true that it doesn't sound like a GNR record, but it sounds like 1/5 of a GNR record, which is what it is. The same way Slash's solo stuff sound GNR-esque, but missing the magic of Axl's singing and lyrics, Izzy's songwriting and Duff and Steven/Matt's backbone. They all wanted to be greater than the sum of their parts and it's such a colossal shame that none of them have been able to get their shit together and come up with a proper GNR record since 1992.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think the trouble with CD is, it sounds like exactly 1/5 of a Guns N Roses record. Axl's DNA is all over it and it simply isn't true that it doesn't sound like a GNR record, but it sounds like 1/5 of a GNR record, which is what it is. The same way Slash's solo stuff sound GNR-esque, but missing the magic of Axl's singing and lyrics, Izzy's songwriting and Duff and Steven/Matt's backbone. They all wanted to be greater than the sum of their parts and it's such a colossal shame that none of them have been able to get their shit together and come up with a proper GNR record since 1992.

To some hardcore fans, Axl is GN'R.

And to some hardcore fans, Axl and Slash are GN'R.

And to some hardcore fans, Axl, Izzy and Slash are GN'R.

So if/when CD2 with Slash drops, there will be people saying it's not a GN'R record, much like people say CD isn't because they didn't like the lineup behind that album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Towelie said:

I think the trouble with CD is, it sounds like exactly 1/5 of a Guns N Roses record. Axl's DNA is all over it and it simply isn't true that it doesn't sound like a GNR record, but it sounds like 1/5 of a GNR record, which is what it is. The same way Slash's solo stuff sound GNR-esque, but missing the magic of Axl's singing and lyrics, Izzy's songwriting and Duff and Steven/Matt's backbone. They all wanted to be greater than the sum of their parts and it's such a colossal shame that none of them have been able to get their shit together and come up with a proper GNR record since 1992.

Sorry, but I disagree. It's a guitars-driven rock and roll record with ballads. If the solos on "This I Love," and "There was a Time" don't sound like GNR to people, then I'm not sure what the heck to tell them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

To think I gave you so much shit in 2016 due to my own excitement lol

Don't get me wrong, the fact that I got this we Slash, Axl, and Duff together multiple times is awesome and I'm grateful, but you are right that it could have been a lot better. Oh well, at least Axl was good in 2016. One good thing about them going on is that new, younger fans can see them for the first time I guess

Yes.. Should of and could have been so much better but 2016 was still good for it was. I got to see three shows. I personally didn't think the actual performance for the Vegas show was great but I went absolutely bolistic for the entire show and it was still a great time. The Foxboro show I saw was the best actual show... Amazing show and a great memeorable day.. The 2017 show in Boston was a noticable decline and underwhelming....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meegan posted a couple photos/videos in her Instagram stories with Slash in studio, but sound was off 'cause she said it's top secret. I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's because it's GNR-related. But probably not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Meegan posted a couple photos/videos in her Instagram stories with Slash in studio, but sound was off 'cause she said it's top secret. I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's because it's GNR-related. But probably not.

Let’s think positive 😂.....If it wasn’t GNR-related then why so secret!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jamillos said:

Slash is the type of a guy who probably wouldn't be against an online event - if they release a new record and aren't able to tour it, they could make live gigs online. Something Guns would never do IMO. 

Yeah I think he would be down. Really wish they would do an online SMKC performance; I would pay for that. He did the Come Together video and also did this recently:

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Just look at how must bands have capitalised on this year in one way or the other. Pretty much everyone has tried something different in these unique times. 

What a wasted opportunity for GNR. 

I agree 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Sorry, but I disagree. It's a guitars-driven rock and roll record with ballads. If the solos on "This I Love," and "There was a Time" don't sound like GNR to people, then I'm not sure what the heck to tell them.

Two guitar solos on a whole record. Stuff like Shacklers Revenge, Scraped, Prostitute, If The World and Sorry have about as much in common with the GNR sound as Taylor Swifts last record.

TBH, even though I much prefer CD to SMKC/VR, I think Slash's solo work sounds way more GNR-esque than CD does.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...