Mexico 2020 leaked setlist

I was very annoyed that they were touring again this year but that turned into hype when they rehearsed Think About You, Pretty Tied Up and Hardschool with Axl in Mexico, plus So Fine as a Duff solo. They rehearsed not one but four damn new songs with Axl present (first time they did something like this since the reunion started), all of them were GNR songs instead of covers and one of them was a leaked unreleased never played song that basically confirmed that it would be on the next album! That must definitely mean that the new album is coming!

However since we can't have nice things only So Fine was played and coronashitrus happened.

I came across the setlist from that show/would've been tour that leaked at that time & included all those rehearsed songs, what do you think of it? It's an improvement over the previous year altough I'd change the order of some of the new songs. BTW, let's hope Axl seeing AC/DC releasing an album full of unreleased songs from previous years gives him ideas. 

Imagen

Edited by North Korean Democracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is a pretty sick setlist.. I saw 3 reunion shows and that would be 7 songs I hadn't seen them play yet.  Slither, You're Crazy, Hard School, Pretty Tied Up, Shadow, Dead Horse, and Think About You.. Pretty awesome if you ask me.. I am in teh miniroty that think they do good with the setlists anyway. I see (or did) tons of live shows and Guns switch it up more than the majority of bands out there whether people belive it or not.  Most of their peers go out and play the EXACT same setlist for entire tours.  Then maybe only change a couple songs the next time they go out.  The last time I saw them they played 7 songs that I hadn't seen between the previous two shows.. 

Maybe there still is hope if they tour again.. 

• Like 4

'The new chapter' ONE new original (that wasn't even played) and 3 Illusion songs from 29 years ago, plus the exact same songs from NITL. £100 a standing ticket and £170 golden circle. Having seen the reunion shows twice in london in 17 and at download festival 2018, there is no way that's enough to justify seeing them again. Minimum 4 new unreleased songs and 4 different illusion songs, I have no problem with them playing a core 14/15 hits at every show, but it's the same 25 sadly. They've looked bored since 2018 too. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

There's been so many songs on the printed setlists over the years, and in some cases even rehearsed which never came to fruition. It doesn't mean anything until they actually play it in concert, and I'm not convinced this year would've been any different. 

Absolutely this. Oh My God was on the setlist for ages, as if that was EVER going to get played (it's inclusion must have been some sort of joke) so setlists that didn't get played I don't take too seriously really. 

If you do choose to take this seriously though it tells you two things- 

1) the setlist was going to be pretty much the same as the last 4/5 years 

2) this absolutely wasn't a tour to promote a y sort of 'new album'. 

To be playing (broadly) the exact same setlist for 4/5 years is madness, even if you're generous and call it all one tour. You'd think they'd at least want to switch the order around to keep themselves interested! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Songs like oh my god and perfect crie were on the list from 06 onward. Omg has been rehearsed multiple times.  Dont know sure. But i think bumble said they even rehearsed Rhiad back in 06/07

There weren’t any recordings of Riad being rehearsed or sound checked in 2006 or 2007, but the band did post a picture of a setlist on their website at the time that included Riad and If The World. If I remember correctly, that setlist picture was actually the first time the title ITW came to be known. 

53 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Songs like oh my god and perfect crie were on the list from 06 onward. Omg has been rehearsed multiple times.  Dont know sure. But i think bumble said they even rehearsed Rhiad back in 06/07

OMC was never rehearsed with the NITL lineup was it? I know the old band did- and that makes sense. 

21 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

I know haha, but my point was that the band rehearsed or put songs on the set that haven't been performed during those tours

Oh totally. Until it's played live, I don't believe it is happening. 

I also think that there might well be a bit of 'digital setlist altering' that goes on online. Goodness knows for what reason, but I've seen some very dubious looking 'alternstive' setlists in the past! 

My point really was that there was surely no way the NITL lineup even considered playing Oh My God, let alone rehearsed it! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Oh totally. Until it's played live, I don't believe it is happening. 

I also think that there might well be a bit of 'digital setlist altering' that goes on online. Goodness knows for what reason, but I've seen some very dubious looking 'alternstive' setlists in the past! 

My point really was that there was surely no way the NITL lineup even considered playing Oh My God, let alone rehearsed it! 

Know what ur saying. 

Duff just posted n instagram vid with Street of dreams as music. So whoknows perhaps they rehearsed that one as well.  Very beautiful song which Slash no doubt can transform into more  epic. 

But ontopic. Yes   people have fucked around with the online setlists. More then once

5 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Know what ur saying. 

Duff just posted n instagram vid with Street of dreams as music. So whoknows perhaps they rehearsed that one as well.  Very beautiful song which Slash no doubt can transform into more  epic. 

But ontopic. Yes   people have fucked around with the online setlists. More then once

Wonder what they hope to achieve when they do that? Odd way to spend your time! 

Has it been established where this actually came from yet? I really do hope it’s legit but the big red flag is the fact that it contains the tracks we know were soundchecked....it’s like someone looked at those and just added them into the setlist like they were definitely 100% going to be played. But all together on the same setlist etc....🤔

Id love it to be right however.

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Has it been established where this actually came from yet? I really do hope it’s legit but the big red flag is the fact that it contains the tracks we know were soundchecked....it’s like someone looked at those and just added them into the setlist like they were definitely 100% going to be played. But all together on the same setlist etc....🤔

Id love it to be right however.

I'd go for it being bullshit based on the fact the date on the bottom is 2 months prior to the gig. Setlists are printed on the day of the gigs. 

35 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

Know what ur saying. 

I can't find him anymore ..

20 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

It's an improvement over the previous year  

Absolutely!

There's been always an improvement over the previous year.

Switching ISE with WTTJ, replacing old cover songs with new cover songs, Longer version of KOHD to name a few.

20 hours ago, North Korean Democracy said:

BTW, let's hope Axl seeing AC/DC releasing an album full of unreleased songs from previous years gives him ideas. 

Definitely!

Like how 7 new albums by Bob Dylan 3 new albums by Alice Cooper between 2008-2020 did.

Definitely...  

1 hour ago, gnrjanus said:

Street Of Dreams would be the best CD song for them to play, but aside from the title track this lineup has made each CD track sound worse IMO.

It also has some similarities with This I Love in that for the last year+ that it was played live, lots of fans complained about it and wanted it replaced with CITR (which they did in 2013). I don't think Axl or Slash would sound good on it nowadays unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1