Mexico 2020 leaked setlist

Wheter the setlist is legit or not, it doesn't matter. They only played So Fine and You're Crazy from all of those songs. And we have video evidence of the others being rehearsed, so they were going to be played sooner or later.

This year's tour was going to be the "all new show" BS that was being advertised, so in GNR's world those 4-5 songs make it an all new show :D They will be played once they come back, I'm sure of it.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

On 10/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tom-Ass said:

That is a pretty sick setlist.. I saw 3 reunion shows and that would be 7 songs I hadn't seen them play yet.  Slither, You're Crazy, Hard School, Pretty Tied Up, Shadow, Dead Horse, and Think About You.. Pretty awesome if you ask me.. I am in teh miniroty that think they do good with the setlists anyway. I see (or did) tons of live shows and Guns switch it up more than the majority of bands out there whether people belive it or not.  Most of their peers go out and play the EXACT same setlist for entire tours.  Then maybe only change a couple songs the next time they go out.  The last time I saw them they played 7 songs that I hadn't seen between the previous two shows.. 

Maybe there still is hope if they tour again.. 

this is the most optimistic post I’ve seen from Tom in a long time

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Street Of Dreams would be the best CD song for them to play, but aside from the title track this lineup has made each CD track sound worse IMO.

It also has some similarities with This I Love in that for the last year+ that it was played live, lots of fans complained about it and wanted it replaced with CITR (which they did in 2013). I don't think Axl or Slash would sound good on it nowadays unfortunately.

This part in particular.

SOD is one of my favourites... but I hope they don't bring it back because they will ruin in it with crap performances, I'm happy to have seen it three times with a capable band and singer.

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Wheter the setlist is legit or not, it doesn't matter. They only played So Fine and You're Crazy from all of those songs. And we have video evidence of the others being rehearsed, so they were going to be played sooner or later.

This year's tour was going to be the "all new show" BS that was being advertised, so in GNR's world those 4-5 songs make it an all new show :D They will be played once they come back, I'm sure of it.

There was video evidence of OMG getting rehearsed in 2011, never got played. Nothing is a given with this band. 

19 hours ago, gnrjanus said:

Songs like oh my god and perfect crie were on the list from 06 onward. Omg has been rehearsed multiple times.  Dont know sure. But i think bumble said they even rehearsed Rhiad back in 06/07

They rehearsed Riad for their first leg of the 2006 tour, Bumble even said Axl nodded to him during rehearsals that the main riff sounds like Hey Bulldog. Not sure about 2007. 

18 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

There weren’t any recordings of Riad being rehearsed or sound checked in 2006 or 2007, but the band did post a picture of a setlist on their website at the time that included Riad and If The World. If I remember correctly, that setlist picture was actually the first time the title ITW came to be known. 

In late 2006/07, Del James posted that article on the official website with Prostitute and If The World on the setlist. I don't think Riad was there. 

Edited by Voodoochild

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

They rehearsed Riad for their first leg of the 2006 tour, Bumble even said Axl nodded to him during rehearsals that the main riff sounds like Hey Bulldog. Not sure about 2007. 

In late 2006/07, Del James posted that article on the official website with Prostitute and If The World on the setlist. I don't think Riad was there. 

Found the post on here about it - Riad was actually on the setlist, along with Perfect Crime and the others already mentioned. I think the rest of the unusual songs got played at some point in 2006:

2CF19A8A-29C9-47AC-B03D-0EEE373C7AD2.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Found the post on here about it - Riad was actually on the setlist, along with Perfect Crime and the others already mentioned. I think the rest of the unusual songs got played at some point in 2006:

What song was SWAY?? It’s probably obvious but I’m struggling?!

On 10/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tom-Ass said:

That is a pretty sick setlist.. I saw 3 reunion shows and that would be 7 songs I hadn't seen them play yet.  Slither, You're Crazy, Hard School, Pretty Tied Up, Shadow, Dead Horse, and Think About You.. Pretty awesome if you ask me.. I am in teh miniroty that think they do good with the setlists anyway. I see (or did) tons of live shows and Guns switch it up more than the majority of bands out there whether people belive it or not.  Most of their peers go out and play the EXACT same setlist for entire tours.  Then maybe only change a couple songs the next time they go out.  The last time I saw them they played 7 songs that I hadn't seen between the previous two shows.. 

Maybe there still is hope if they tour again.. 

If you look at the first setlist of NITL and the last setlist the show evolved quite a bit.  They are playing some deeper cuts like Shadow of Your Love, some fan favorites you wouldn't expect like Coma and Locomotive and some really wildly unexpected songs like Slither.

In comparison I love Beck but I've seen him 4 times in 10 years and the set has been almost identical each time lol.  

I never understood the hate the GnR setlists get.  Unfortunately it's not like they have a ton of material to choose from so I think they do the best with what they got lol.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2020 at 11:34 AM, Powerage5 said:

Thanks. Now that was an awesome setlist. I think Axl would sound fenomenal singing Perfect Crime back then. And I would love to see them playing Riad again, it's one of my favorites. 

• GNFNR 1

That setlist isn't from Mexico, it's dated 1/31/20, which would land on the Super Bowl Music Fest gig.

Also, it's fake, here's the real setlist from that show, taken by a fan at the gig.

Setlist.jpg

Some other points to debunk the setlist:

• It's missing the pyro-stars, although those are not always there.
  • "You're Crazy" doesn't have "(slow version)" in brackets.
  • "Double Talkin' Jive" is written as "Double TALKING Jive". Other setlists I've seen has it written with the apostrophe.
  • "Hard School" is written as "Hard Skool", which is odd, why'd they change that when in November 2019 it appeared as "Hard School" on the setlist?
  • The songs, compared to the actual show, aren't even in order.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:35 PM, Shackler's said:

That setlist isn't from Mexico, it's dated 1/31/20, which would land on the Super Bowl Music Fest gig.

Also, it's fake, here's the real setlist from that show, taken by a fan at the gig.

Setlist.jpg

Some other points to debunk the setlist:

• It's missing the pyro-stars, although those are not always there.
  • "You're Crazy" doesn't have "(slow version)" in brackets.
  • "Double Talkin' Jive" is written as "Double TALKING Jive". Other setlists I've seen has it written with the apostrophe.
  • "Hard School" is written as "Hard Skool", which is odd, why'd they change that when in November 2019 it appeared as "Hard School" on the setlist?
  • The songs, compared to the actual show, aren't even in order.

That one it's dated 1/31/2020 bellow in the first page too! That's not the real Mexico setlist, that's the Super Bowl Music Fest one, it has the same order as the show with DTJ being played after Dead Horse unlike the Mexico show.

I can't say for sure if it was a real setlist because I'm not in the band or management but I'm still inclined to believe it's real, it has all the new rehearsed songs.

On 10/25/2020 at 12:49 AM, North Korean Democracy said:

I was very annoyed that they were touring again this year but that turned into hype when they rehearsed Think About You, Pretty Tied Up and Hardschool with Axl in Mexico, plus So Fine as a Duff solo. They rehearsed not one but four damn new songs with Axl present (first time they did something like this since the reunion started), all of them were GNR songs instead of covers and one of them was a leaked unreleased never played song that basically confirmed that it would be on the next album! That must definitely mean that the new album is coming!

However since we can't have nice things only So Fine was played and coronashitrus happened.

I came across the setlist from that show/would've been tour that leaked at that time & included all those rehearsed songs, what do you think of it? It's an improvement over the previous year altough I'd change the order of some of the new songs. BTW, let's hope Axl seeing AC/DC releasing an album full of unreleased songs from previous years gives him ideas. 

Imagen

How did you find this?

On 10/25/2020 at 7:46 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

I don’t understand the setlist hatred. There’s almost nothing they could drop, everything else is expected hits or fan favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 12:28 AM, North Korean Democracy said:

That one it's dated 1/31/2020 bellow in the first page too! That's not the real Mexico setlist, that's the Super Bowl Music Fest one, it has the same order as the show with DTJ being played after Dead Horse unlike the Mexico show.

I can't say for sure if it was a real setlist because I'm not in the band or management but I'm still inclined to believe it's real, it has all the new rehearsed songs.

I was talking about the real setlist for the Super Bowl gig. As far as I'm aware, there are no photos of the Mexico setlist.