New Slash song - Where do I begin

• LandOla changed the title to New Slash song - Where do I begin
34 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wow, that is a blast from the past for me. My mom used to play this song all the time on the piano. 

Cool surprise (at least to me) release 

Yeah, its cool!

There was a clip on Meegans socials of Slash recording the lead theme maybe a month back. And then in the pinball interview Slash talked about it being on an upcoming release to honour the late composer, a friend/colleague of Slashs whose name escapes me.

I still didnt realize we'd get it s soon and certainly its a nice surprise to come across today :headbang:

(The nylon guitar part is the first non-rock song I ever learned, so thats cool too)

1 hour ago, soon said:

Yeah, its cool!

There was a clip on Meegans socials of Slash recording the lead theme maybe a month back. And then in the pinball interview Slash talked about it being on an upcoming release to honour the late composer, a friend/colleague of Slashs whose name escapes me.

I still didnt realize we'd get it s soon and certainly its a nice surprise to come across today :headbang:

(The nylon guitar part is the first non-rock song I ever learned, so thats cool too)

It's in honour of his friend Robert Evans

I love this. It's beautiful. I'm happy Slash continues to do what he loves most. 

Edited by baje
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Quick! Someone tell Axl that Slash figured out how to release new music during covid! :P

In all seriousness, this sounds really good! Hats off to Slash (pun intended) for putting this together!

Absolutelly, Slash is a beast  to working!

• Like 3

I listen to him playing something like this and it just makes it all the more mind numbing that Axl can't get inspired enough to make music with him and actually release it to the public.

I've long thought if they just gave themselves 3 months in a studio and started from scratch they'd be amazed at what would come out of it as opposed to the convoluted process of re-recording everything a million times and trying to sooth Axl's ego with the CD leftovers to make him feel it wasn't the colossal waste of time it was (it's the same reason we have to put up with Frank and his sub par drumming).

• Like 3

Beautiful, as always. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really wish Slash would just quit GNR and focus on his solo work. The man is a brilliant guitarist and I don't want him spending the remaining good years he has left wasting away with Axl, no offense to him. I want more Conspirators stuff, I want a third Snakepit album! Fat chance, I know. But, hell, probably have a better chance of that than another Guns album. I just want more stuff from Slash.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pugachev said:

Beautiful, as always. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really wish Slash would just quit GNR and focus on his solo work. The man is a brilliant guitarist and I don't want him spending the remaining good years he has left wasting away with Axl, no offense to him. I want more Conspirators stuff, I want a third Snakepit album! Fat chance, I know. But, hell, probably have a better chance of that than another Guns album. I just want more stuff from Slash.

It will be a shame if Slash doesn’t get to make another album with GNR. Between the VR albums and his solo album GNR could have at least made two more classic albums from that material. But maybe Axl and Slash are just too far part musically to create new music. Sometimes I think the band only had four album in them musically. The classic band only wrote songs from ‘85-‘90. 

9 hours ago, pugachev said:

I know it’s taking an inordinate amount of time - but whatever material he is working on for GNR will not stop him working on SMKC stuff or whatever other solo endeavour he chooses. Touring is out the window until late next year/2022 and who knows what will have been released between now and then (GNR or whatever)?