Jump to content

Appetite for Distortion - Doug Goldstein talks Live Era | Ep. 227


Recommended Posts

Doug said Axl just did some touches but didnt overdub complete songs...I stopped the video after that.

Do this people think we are stupid??! COME ON, there are obvious re recorded vocals on entire songs like RQ, PTU, Nightrain, My Michelle, half of YCBM, half of Estranged...

Im pissed

Edited by Alejandro GNR
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Can I assume the re-recorded vocals for Live Era are the same vocals on the re-recorded AFD? I thought both were from the late '90s, so it makes sense to me.

Not likely. The tempos wouldn’t match. Guns didn’t play live to a click back then 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Not likely. The tempos wouldn’t match. Guns didn’t play live to a click back then 

Thanks, I really wish AFD '99 would leak. The odds of it ever being released officially are close to zero.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Thanks, I really wish AFD '99 would leak. The odds of it ever being released officially are close to zero.

Id certainly be interested in hearing it. Remember the end of SCOM 99. It’s really nothing like the original recording or the live versions. I would think if AFD 99 exists, there would be more moments like that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Id certainly be interested in hearing it. Remember the end of SCOM 99. It’s really nothing like the original recording or the live versions. I would think if AFD 99 exists, there would be more moments like that 

Yes, I really liked that and wished they released the whole song. When the Village leaks were brewing in 2019 there was some talk of the re-recorded AFD being involved, but aside from the instrumental of Jungle there was nothing else leaked, or known about.

I seem to recall whispers of some people claiming to have AFD '99. Perhaps it will be like HOB 2001, hoarded for years before leaking. I'm fairly certain the same will happen with the 2002 VMA rehearsals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Doug said Axl just did some touches but didnt overdub complete songs...I stopped the video after that.

Do this people think we are stupid??! COME ON, there are obvious re recorded vocals on entire songs like RQ, PTU, Nightrain, My Michelle, half of YCBM, half of Estranged...

Im pissed

Hahaha. Doug doesn’t know much about recording. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...