Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

There is zero chance they don't tour after this. The amount of money to be made with millions of people clamoring for live music and normalcy ensures they will tour. If anything, the pandemic kills an album but not the band. They have even less incentive to put music out when they can launch another massive post pandemic tour 

I've seen them a dozen times between 2002 and 2018.  I'll never go see them again unless they put out a new album.  The last show I went to felt like a re run of Full House.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah. Axl's complete inability to release new music is what killed GN'R.  The pandemic only put the brand on hold for a bit. They'll get back to going through the motions and overcharging for show

New music was never coming in 2020. A live debut of Hard School was all we were ever going to get and that's only because it leaked.

Died a long time ago. 

12 hours ago, DanteStraviosky said:

To me the NuGuns era (1999-2014) was fun and interesting because I saw Axl as somekind of rebel standing in his own against all the fans and industry pressure to have the classic line up back.

At this point, it's fair to say that live shows were pretty boring since 2017, same setlist, just a few "new" songs here and there and nothing else. So Guns N' Roses died to me in 2016 when first leg of the NITLT tour ended and there was not any hint of new music on the horizon.

After all Pitman was not wrong when said that the reunion was just a gross cash grab.

Covid19, shootings and riots in USA, neither any other external situation has nothing to do with the lack of interest of Axl (and TB) in releasing (REAL) new music.

I gotta say, I don’t consider it a death When Bucket left. The shows I saw in 2011 and especially 2012 were excellent. Add to that a live blu ray, live streamed concerts, Axl on Kimmel etc and they were certainly alive as a brand.

that being said, I’m like a lot of folks here. My interest is at an all time low since I began following everything closely in 99-2000.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Did the pandemic destroy the band? Big things were apparently in the works for this year, potentially new music, maybe a few deep cuts played at the very least. All the dates were cancelled and I imagine the rescheduled ones will. A return to normalcy for the music industry is 2022 earliest experts say. Axl will be 60 by the time all this ends. Is this the final straw for an already nearing creatively bankrupt band? Will we see them again after all this? Will this be used as an excuse for the lack of music for the rest of the bands lifetime if they come back?

Geez. Why don't you all just stop with these stupid threads/questions? 

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guns N 'Roses is immortal. So much material exists that you can put things out there for the next 20 years. Live and studio material from all these years

The problem is, we fans are not immortal. We are getting older. How many fans died before 2015 and didn't see the Axl Slash Reunion? There will definitely be stuff coming in the future. It's just a question of how many older fans will see it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be missing something here, enough material to last twenty years?  But would that be the same songs over and over again just produced differently?  This is a sincere question as I have not discovered all their work yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. We should ask the Aussies plus the gazillion of other interprets who seem to have handled the situation well, while releasing new stuff and often being active in the social media. It's not the stupid virus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I must be missing something here, enough material to last twenty years?  But would that be the same songs over and over again just produced differently?  This is a sincere question as I have not discovered all their work yet.

I think @t-p-d-ais referring to the Village sessions (of which there must be more stuff with vocals), anything recorded after then (CD2) etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think so. It’s a touring industry. At least Covid-19 has created a “forced hiatus”. If nothing else, interest/demand for more shows should be refreshed when they come back. Personally, if it isn’t until 2022- that will mean I haven’t seen them since 2016 (Dodger Stadium). Take my money!

Link to post
Share on other sites

COVID didn’t kill GnR.  They’ve done that job all on their own.  If anything, the lockdown should of given them all the time they need to finish up the new album they were supposed to be working on.  The fact that they are not doing anything, is completely ridiculous and probably means there really isn’t anything going on behind all the smoke and mirrors.  Most people’s lives have gone to a “new normal” and people are still moving forward.  Most struggling business owners are working even harder to find out a way to keep things going.  Only these spoiled wealthy celebrities have the ability to sit around and do nothing and bitch about how hard it is to play and record music.  They all need a dose of reality to go back and see what it means to have real problems and financial worries.  How quick they forget. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Don’t think so. It’s a touring industry. At least Covid-19 has created a “forced hiatus”. If nothing else, interest/demand for more shows should be refreshed when they come back. Personally, if it isn’t until 2022- that will mean I haven’t seen them since 2016 (Dodger Stadium). Take my money!

Dodger was one of the gigs professionally filmed wasn’t it? Ive heard bits of the gig - were they as on fire as it seemed?

Man - I wish the gig was released already. ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Don’t think so. It’s a touring industry. At least Covid-19 has created a “forced hiatus”. If nothing else, interest/demand for more shows should be refreshed when they come back. Personally, if it isn’t until 2022- that will mean I haven’t seen them since 2016 (Dodger Stadium). Take my money!

It's fans like you why GNR can get away with not putting out new music decades at a time. You do know that, don't you?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

COVID didn’t kill GnR.  They’ve done that job all on their own.  If anything, the lockdown should of given them all the time they need to finish up the new album they were supposed to be working on.  The fact that they are not doing anything, is completely ridiculous and probably means there really isn’t anything going on behind all the smoke and mirrors.  Most people’s lives have gone to a “new normal” and people are still moving forward.  Most struggling business owners are working even harder to find out a way to keep things going.  Only these spoiled wealthy celebrities have the ability to sit around and do nothing and bitch about how hard it is to play and record music.  They all need a dose of reality to go back and see what it means to have real problems and financial worries.  How quick they forget. 

TBF - we don’t know if they have or haven’t been working on stuff. Slash’s recent comments at the Pinball launch confirms he is working on GNR stuff....I have no doubt work IS happening. It’s just the WHEN we will hear it that’s the problem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If 1990, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2013 and 2015 didn't kill GNR then I don't think 2020 will, but I don't see any real changes in the near feature.

GNR it is what it is since the get go and our problem (us fans) is that we wanted them to be different, to release new music, to perform a more diverse setlist and to have Axl singing pitch perfect exactly as he was on AFD. We want perfection from a bunch of punk rock hard rockers that once were almost hobos.

The band will stay the same, they have been touring for 4 years straight, this is just a longer break...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Axl took all this as a sign to look at his health and physique.

Probably not. What killed GN'R were Axl, his lawyers, Team Brazil, Perla, the entire production time of CD and Ashba's incapability to bend or hold notes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardly.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they blamed it on the pandemic. Axl even managed to blame the most prolific guitar player ever for the inability of GN'R to move forward. So anything is possible.

The lack of creativity, loss of artistic and personal integrity, delusion, massive drop in overall live performance (vocals) and inability to put out music is what killed GN'R. 

Edited by Sisyphus
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I gotta say, I don’t consider it a death When Bucket left. The shows I saw in 2011 and especially 2012 were excellent. Add to that a live blu ray, live streamed concerts, Axl on Kimmel etc and they were certainly alive as a brand.

that being said, I’m like a lot of folks here. My interest is at an all time low since I began following everything closely in 99-2000.

yeah, actually 2011 (even with Axl's mickey mouse voice lol) and 2012 were fun years to see n' follow the band (or Axl Rose solo project as you prefer to call it)

Bumblefoot used to talk with fans outside the hotels (and even play some guitar with them around), you could spot a band member here and there, get social media updates frecuently  (even the #demented ashba bullshit was sometimes fun (and cringy of course but fun); so the band was more fan-friendly back then and I even had the feeling that Axl Rose was motivated by his friendship with DJ and they could release a new single anytime.

Back then Tommy released One Man Mutiny wich featured Dizzy and Richard; to me as a Tommmy fan, that release was kinda special and GN'R related. Also I can remember Frank, Bumble and Pitman playing dj sets in some clubs samplin Gn'R songs.

I know they all (NuGuns 2009-2014) were  in Gn'R just for the paycheck but I had the feeling to be following an organic band instead of the Guns N' Roses post-2017 line up which is just a brand, and bussiness cash grab machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many dramatics. I also in some way pissed off, that Guns N' Roses can't release new music, but also I am sick of all this ideas that "band is dead without new music", "won't listen until they release something" etc. I genuinely hope that they will release a new album, but for 90% I am sure it is not going to rock the world. There will be no new PC, no new SCOM or WTTJ. And I hate the idea to release something just to release something because the industry dictates that. Modern pop-musicians stamp shitty records every year, but they are known only for several weeks on billboard charts, then they are dead. 

And the band basically can't go bankrupt any time soon because it still gets royalty from the tons of merch, CD sales, digital rents, etc - GNR is a huge money-making machine even without new albums. Yes, it can't match The Rolling Stones' empire in terms of scale, but it still has necessary buzz to keep sales only due to the band's name. Sad but true.

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nikothebellic said:

Too many dramatics. I also in some way pissed off, that Guns N' Roses can't release new music, but also I am sick of all this ideas that "band is dead without new music", "won't listen until they release something" etc. I genuinely hope that they will release a new album, but for 90% I am sure it is not going to rock the world. There will be no new PC, no new SCOM or WTTJ. And I hate the idea to release something just to release something because the industry dictates that. Modern pop-musicians stamp shitty records every year, but they are known only for several weeks on billboard charts, then they are dead. 

And the band basically can't go bankrupt any time soon because it still gets royalty from the tons of merch, CD sales, digital rents, etc - GNR is a huge money-making machine even without new albums. Yes, it can't match The Rolling Stones' empire in terms of scale, but it still has necessary buzz to keep sales only due to the band's name. Sad but true.

Agree with this all....and although it’s highly unlikely there would be anything to match the tracks you mentioned above - that’s nothing to be ashamed of seeing as they are in the highest tier of rock quality.

However - the fact we KNOW there is material in the vault (Hardschool etc) and the quality is very high is what is frustrating.....if all that stuff was utter garbage I could understand becoming a touring entity only. But that’s not the case - at all. And it’s a damned shame we haven’t got to hear it properly....yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...