Tom Morello featuring Slash: "Interstate 80"

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The song is out now

Not a fan of Tom Morello and the song itself just isn't my taste. But the guitar battle is pretty cool. Even Morello's guitar sounds great.

All in all this was still better than the forgettable Sixx AM song in which Slash contributed the solo that Ashba pretended to play in the official video. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since i love both, Tom and Slash, i like it, nothing groundbreaking, but a nice and catchy tune

22 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

All in all this was still better than the forgettable Sixx AM song in which Slash contributed the solo that Ashba pretended to play in the official video. :lol:

EVERYTHING is, and will be, better than THAT :lol:

• Haha 1

Some cool licks from both of them in the back-and-forths, I dig it.  The vocals are kinda there, not super memorable or anything so definitely the guitarwork does the heavy lifting on this song.  Cool to hear them both having a good time making music together!

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

Fun! I love a good guitar battle :headbang:

@DieselDaisyThis was also a battle of 'above the cock' and 'below the cock' guitar slinging approaches. Slash fucking ripped and in my book won the battle. But he also lost the guitar slinging debate.

Over the cock for the win in that department! So much more agility and options.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I don't like it, Slash's tone is really bad. It was the issue in Love Theme aswell, despite noodlin'. 

I always loved Slash's "fatter" sound...now he uses a lot the effect you can hear at first on Where Do I Begin, Starlight, Crucify the Dead, etc...its waaaay thinner and I dont like it much either

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 6:00 AM, Free Bird said:

Not a fan of Tom Morello and the song itself just isn't my taste. But the guitar battle is pretty cool. Even Morello's guitar sounds great.

Famılar territory for Ashba. He seems comfortable playing that role. Shame he wasn't able to mime all the Slash solos he butchered live. 

On 10/31/2020 at 9:42 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I thought the song itself was pretty bad, outdated sounding and laughable vocals.. But the guitars duels were still pretty cool.

I actually listened to this a few more times and enjoyed it a bit more for what it is..The main riff and all the guiar leads are great.. Tom Morello is still adork though and his rap rocking is pretty bad.. 

• Like 1