Jump to content

Your Top 5 Desert Island Albums (Non GnR) Of All Time...(One Bonus Album Allowed)!!


YouCouldBeMine_2029

Recommended Posts

What 5 Albums would you Bring to a ''Desert Island'' for 1, 2 or 5 Years

I'll Start with Mine...

Oasis...What's The Story Morning Glory ( My First Album ( Cisette )!

Blur...Greatest Hits ( Birthday Present )

Metallica...Master Of Puppets ( Little Brother Got me Into Metallica) Kick Ass Album and their Best Imo!

Pink Floyd...Meddle ( Before the Big Bang of Pink Floyd) Love it!

Tangerine Dream...Hyerborea (This Album takes me away)

Bonus Album...Madonna ( Ray Of Light ) Her best Imo! Good Memories of 90's New York City.

...What is Yours?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sound and Color, Alabama Shakes

Greatest Hits, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

The Final Cut, Pink Floyd

They Promised You Mercy, Amelia Curran

Europe 72', Grateful Dead

 

Edit, Oh and for my bonus; Anarchy, Chumbawamba

 

 

Edited by soon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Supreme Clientele - Ghostface Killah

A Kind of Blue - Miles Davis

A Love Supreme - John Coltrane

The Essential Muddy Waters

Funhouse - The Stooges

 

Based on what I've been listening to the most over the last few years as opposed to like, my top five albums ever or some kind of notion I have about the most important albums ever or what have you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Haha

I don't have any aswell.

-

Alot of Great Albums.

I bet you dont have a desert island :lol:

I liked your Meddle pick. Not a fan of Seasmus or San Tropez. But there are many moments of pure genius on there too :headbang:Theres a Floyd thread in the "My World" section of the forum!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, soon said:

I bet you dont have a desert island :lol:

I liked your Meddle pick. Not a fan of Seasmus or San Tropez. But there are many moments of pure genius on there too :headbang:Theres a Floyd thread in the "My World" section of the forum!

Haha I Wish...Maybe One Day.

Love Meddle! First Pink Floyd Album I Listened to.

I'll check it out!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Mondo Bizarro - The Ramones

2) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Iron Maiden

3) Metallica - Black Album

4) Slave to the Grind - Skid Row

5) Halford - Live Anaheim

Bonus - Pulse - Pink Floyd

 

I would be happy with those...I would miss Slash's guitar, Alice in Chains, U2, Megadeth, Helloween, etc

ALL THAT SAID...If I dont have Axls voice I'd rather be deaf

Edited by Alejandro GNR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

1) Mondo Bizarro - The Ramones

2) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Iron Maiden

3) Metallica - Black Album

4) Slave to the Grind - Skid Row

5) Halford - Live Anaheim

Bonus - Pulse - Pink Floyd

 

I would be happy with those...I would miss Slash's guitar, Alice in Chains, U2, Megadeth, Helloween, etc

ALL THAT SAID...If I dont have Axls voice I'd rather be deaf

Amazing Album! I think i might change my list...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I could do ANY albums:

1.Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

2.Kiss - Alive!: 1975-2000

3.Rolling Stones - GRRR! (4-disc version)

4.Soundgarden - Superunknown: Super Deluxe Edition

5.Guns N’ Roses - Appetite for Destruction: Locked N’ Loaded

6. BONUS: Slipknot - Antennas to Hell (Greatest Hits)

7.HONORABLE MENTION: Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You! (Greatest Hits)

If I could only do STUDIO albums:

1.Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

2.Soundgarden - Superunknown

3.The White Stripes - Elephant

4.Pearl Jam - Ten

5.Alice in Chains - Dirt

6.BONUS: U2 - Achtung Baby

7.HONORABLE MENTION: Oasis - What’s the Story (Morning Glory)?

Edited by rocknroll41
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

What 5 Albums would you Bring to a ''Desert Island'' for 1, 2 or 5 Years

Must be boring to listen to the same five albums on repeat for many years . .

I'd probably pick music I don't know. A Dylan album, a classical album, a jazz album etc. Or many Greatest Hits as I can. 

If I had to pick five classic rock albums, I might choose Led Zep II, Danzig II, Bat Out of Hell, 1984, Let There Be Rock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Must be boring to listen to the same five albums on repeat for many years . .

I'd probably pick music I don't know. A Dylan album, a classical album, a jazz album etc. Or many Greatest Hits as I can. 

If I had to pick five classic rock albums, I might choose Led Zep II, Danzig II, Bat Out of Hell, 1984, Let There Be Rock.

Maybe it would I guess comes down to how much you Love the Albums and how mutch you listen to them.

Let There Be Rock Brilliant Album!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To each their own, but the last thing I’d want to blast on what I can only assume is a tropical island is a heavy metal album.

Here are the albums I would choose that match the environment:

Beach Boys - Greatest Hits (I grew up to the GH collection; not super familiar with individual albums)

Jack Johnson - On and On

Bob Marley - Greatest Hits

U2 - The Joshua Tree

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Self Titled

If there was a winter season my bonus album would be:

Fleet Foxes - self titled

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • downzy changed the title to Your Top 5 Desert Island Albums (Non GnR) Of All Time...(One Bonus Album Allowed)!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...