Good luck for tomorrow our American friends....

DurhamGirl

If we're talking like purely white house politics and the like, Axl is the most vocal. But Duff and Slash follow the news and sometimes shade Trump to some degree. I mean, they remained on stage in Mexico City as the huge Trump effigy was bashed with large sticks! Have you seen that?

But if we're talking more broadly about like engaging social issues, then Duff and Slash are really engaged and active. Duff is (in)famous for his Women's March hat. And his recent solo album, Tenderness, was a socio-political statement.

Slash does a lot for animal welfare. I think he might even be on the board of a zoo! Iirc hes also done some work for Matts causes - so either dolphin welfare or keeping the arts in schools. Slash last album was titled "Living the dream" which he said was sarcastic, a reference to how dystopian things had become (the implication being, how dystopian right wing rule is).

Frank and Fortus used to play in a side band, The Dead Daisies. They, an American band, traveled to Cuba for some performances and culture exchange. Cultural diplomacy as tensions between Cuba and US begin to thaw.

My impression is that all the current lineup lean dem. Mel seems rather apolitical in public though.

42 minutes ago, soon said:

If we're talking like purely white house politics and the like, Axl is the most vocal. But Duff and Slash follow the news and sometimes shade Trump to some degree. I mean, they remained on stage in Mexico City as the huge Trump effigy was bashed with large sticks! Have you seen that?

But if we're talking more broadly about like engaging social issues, then Duff and Slash are really engaged and active. Duff is (in)famous for his Women's March hat. And his recent solo album, Tenderness, was a socio-political statement.

Slash does a lot for animal welfare. I think he might even be on the board of a zoo! Iirc hes also done some work for Matts causes - so either dolphin welfare or keeping the arts in schools. Slash last album was titled "Living the dream" which he said was sarcastic, a reference to how dystopian things had become (the implication being, how dystopian right wing rule is).

Frank and Fortus used to play in a side band, The Dead Daisies. They, an American band, traveled to Cuba for some performances and culture exchange. Cultural diplomacy as tensions between Cuba and US begin to thaw.

My impression is that all the current lineup lean dem. Mel seems rather apolitical in public though.

Great summary! 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

I didnt know any of this, I am heartened and impressed:rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

Richard and Del are hard core Dems.  I don't remember who all stayed on stage for the Trump pinata.  I'm surprised Duff hasn't made a comment on either party's approach to the economy.  It's GNR, they are entitled to their opinion and I believe in that group who have to pay higher taxes, pay their fair share, according to Biden. :lol:  Trade in those sports cars and drive electric, sounds good to Frank, right? :lol:

All kidding aside, it's good to see so many people involved in the election process.  I really like being able to vote early.  Wish I could do it from my home computer.  I don't take it as seriously as some folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Voted early this morning, I live in a rural area and I've never seen it so busy!

I'd imagine most of GN'R are left leaning. Funny how a few major rappers came out in support of Trump recently, I didn't expect that, but understand where they are coming from and I'm more or less a one-issue voter myself so I get it.